anyone else find g sport rims hard to lace ?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2014 8:45 AM

just wondering . ive laced a few other wheels (demolition zero , alienation 7 up ) but now im lacing my friends rollcage and ive had to muscle in nearly every spoke . Anyone else feel this ?

|

3/29/2014 9:56 AM

I can't really tell a difference. But the first three wheels I built were GSport so I guess I'm used to it haha.

|

3/29/2014 10:15 AM

Not really, all rims are different though.

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

3/29/2014 11:47 AM

Well G-Sport rims ARE cross laced & a little different than traditionally laced rims. I did find mine were a bit harder than most other rims but I'm not sure if that was the rim itself or just the cross lacing.

|

3/29/2014 11:52 AM

I have only laced cinema rims always with the same spokes, like 4 or 5 times, and all were the same.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/29/2014 10:08 PM

Lacing is lacing, I don't see a difference unless you're using spokes of the wrong size, either too long or too short. Too long and you gotta really bend the spoke around, and too short and you gotta pull the spoke so you can get the nipple on. Plus, I have to use the center of the opposite side from the valve hole on my Rollcage rim cause for some reason, if I lace it normally from the valve hole, there always ends up being a crossover. Thank god the sticker was on there like how most rims have the sticker directly opposite from the valve hole, otherwise I'd be going crazy right now from trying to pump up tires. It was absolute hell.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/29/2014 11:54 PM

I always had trouble with stolen recolver wheels mainly because they are annoying to true.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/30/2014 7:57 AM

I laced my very first double walled cross-laced rim, I find it hard because Im used to lace old single walled rims.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/30/2014 8:33 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well G-Sport rims ARE cross laced & a little different than traditionally laced rims. I did find mine were a bit harder ...more

this, all the spokes are angled. my macneil dubs was the same way

|

3/30/2014 8:59 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Lacing is lacing, I don't see a difference unless you're using spokes of the wrong size, either too long or too short. Too ...more

I always start at the valve hole for lacing so I never have that issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura