any regrets?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2013 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2013 8:02 PM

Do you have any regrets on getting rid of any frames or parts you cant get back or its hard to find?
mine is my colony phantom and lowcut frame and my sunday funday in watermelon green. Really kicking myself for getting rid of them!

|

brakeless maniac

12/29/2013 8:06 PM

No ragrets man, thats mah creedo. not even one letter. But seriously, not really. I wish I hadn't painted my Toothpaste Green Sunday Tudor bars black, but that's pretty much it.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/29/2013 8:20 PM

Not really..... I did have a proper magnati that the driver blew on kinda wished I could have found a replacement driver that wheel was sweet

|

12/29/2013 8:21 PM

getting a stupid race bike when.I was ten instead of that mint green freestyle bike......

|

12/29/2013 8:23 PM

I have so many regrets

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/29/2013 8:24 PM

i also wanted an fbm capone frame in postal blue and the fbm berzerker v1 in iroc blue i regret not picking up!

|

brakeless maniac

12/29/2013 8:27 PM

I really regret buying a Kink Viridian front hub last year, like January or February. Worst hub I ever had, killed the bearings & it barely spun after the first day. Got rid of it in like 2 weeks.

Also regret selling my old Shadow Attack stem for a Shadow Strike stem, broke 2 of those things. If I hadn't snapped 1 & cracked the other, I probably wouldn't have such a dislike for Shadow parts now. Then again I broke more of their parts so yeah.

Let's see, another regret is retiring & getting rid of my Sunday OG frame. The headset was slightly ovalized so it creaked a lotttt even with new bearings & it had a tiny crack in the seattube/BB junction, but I loved that thing. I rode it for almost 5 years, but got a new frame off someone who barely rode it for basically free so I took that offer. Ended up sending it back to warranty for half off my current Sunday 3rd wave frame.. But that thing had sentimental value to me & I kinda wish I still had it just to frame it on my wall or something haha.

I still have the matching Sunday Color bars to the frame mentioned above, couldn't bring myself to get rid of those. rode them for years as well

|

12/29/2013 8:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I really regret buying a Kink Viridian front hub last year, like January or February. Worst hub I ever had, killed the bearings & it barely spun after the first day. Got rid of it in like 2 weeks.

Also regret selling my old Shadow Attack stem for a Shadow Strike stem, broke 2 of those things. If I hadn't snapped 1 & cracked the other, I probably wouldn't have such a dislike for Shadow parts now. Then again I broke more of their parts so yeah.

Let's see, another regret is retiring & getting rid of my Sunday OG frame. The headset was slightly ovalized so it creaked a lotttt even with new bearings & it had a tiny crack in the seattube/BB junction, but I loved that thing. I rode it for almost 5 years, but got a new frame off someone who barely rode it for basically free so I took that offer. Ended up sending it back to warranty for half off my current Sunday 3rd wave frame.. But that thing had sentimental value to me & I kinda wish I still had it just to frame it on my wall or something haha.

I still have the matching Sunday Color bars to the frame mentioned above, couldn't bring myself to get rid of those. rode them for years as well

I have a shadow attack. Best stem I've ever used!

I don't have any regrets on selling parts. I regretted buying a used eastern frame because it delayed me buying a bike but I made money on the deal so I don't care.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/29/2013 8:34 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I have a shadow attack. Best stem I've ever used!

I don't have any regrets on selling parts. I regretted buying a used eastern frame because it delayed me buying a bike but I made money on the deal so I don't care.

It never once slipped on me, I really regret getting rid of it back then just because the Strike looked really good to me haha

|

12/30/2013 4:32 AM

I regret buying a slim seat, buying a shitty complete. I regret a bit the fact that i bought red rims instead of blacks.
But what i regret the MOST is that i didnt start bmxing till 2012.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/30/2013 4:33 AM

O, i also regret buying from evanscycles

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/30/2013 6:28 AM

I regret that I didn't try harder when I was younger and in better condition to do half of the stuff out there. I also regret that I let fear take over with a lot of things I used to have dialed, making them more of a chore to get done.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/30/2013 6:38 AM

I regret the time I threw my signature Joey Garcia schwinn automatic trail bmx in the skip, because I thought I would never ride again because of mental health problems, then started riding again a couple of years later.

A bastard.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/30/2013 6:39 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I regret that I didn't try harder when I was younger and in better condition to do half of the stuff out there. I also regret that I let fear take over with a lot of things I used to have dialed, making them more of a chore to get done.

That was inspirational, im, im gonna USE THAT. I shalth try harder to do better bmx.

|

12/30/2013 9:51 AM

Regrets? Nah. haha In BMX i think i have done pretty well so far. I definitely have a few tricks to learn and all that, but i havent made a mistake in what i have bought and i am pretty pleased with it all.

I sold my only pivotal post along with my Ezra seat a while back. Kinda wish i still had the post so i coulda maybe got another pivotal seat even tho my Dub X Shadow is PERFECTION. Not really a regret, just maybe kinda miss it. haha

My new years goal is whips, flat trucks ON LOCK. Right now i have to be really riding well that day to get a truck, i wanna change that. I think it is the Geo to my frame that makes them hard really. When i barspin on a 75 headtube bike they are a lot easier than mine haha.

I wanna build a hardcore dirt jump where my mediocre one is right now. I am gonna try and get that thing perfect in the Spring and have it so everyone loves to progress and session it. IM gonna need mad help tho haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/30/2013 1:05 PM

Regret getting into BMX.

Could have been a sponsored scooter rider by now tongue

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/30/2013 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 1:12 PM

On a serious hand, things I regret selling the most is my old Marmoset to Ribcage, that wheel was perfect, sold it for quite a lot and got a Birdcage for relatively cheap and ended up lacing it up to a Vandero 2 I got for free from a friend that owed me money.
Rode the bird for a while till the spoke holes cracked (classic) sold it and got myself what was supposed to be a short term replacement an Odyssey Hazard Lite.
Not yet sure on what to do, was thinking to sell the Odyssey to Odyssey wheel as a whole and get either a Simian or Marmoset to lace to the spare Ribcage I have lying around at my moms house in Italy.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/30/2013 1:29 PM

Regret trading my $200 Proper hub to Sun Big Baller with rainbow Ti spokes for 1 redline crank, 1 eastern crank, spindle, and a blown out unsealed mission hub to single wall rim.

The proper wheel was too untrue to ride and I needed cranks and a rideable wheel. i knew nothing about parts at this time, i had bought the proper wheel for $20 and couldnt use it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/30/2013 3:58 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

No ragrets man, thats mah creedo. not even one letter. But seriously, not really. I wish I hadn't painted my Toothpaste Green Sunday Tudor bars black, but that's pretty much it.

Haha that first part made me laugh

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/30/2013 4:04 PM

trading my wethepeope for a shitty subrosa sad

|

12/30/2013 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 4:08 PM

I regret getting one of them "MOTO-X" bikes from walmart instead of a 240 $ redline. Idk what the redline was but it was 20" and was a freestyle. I ended up selling that bike to a little 10 yr old who stole his moms money (200 $) and buying my Fit dak with themoney. In hindsight I shIuldve said 200 $ because he didnt give a fuck. His mom came to my house the next day and said it was "old" & "rusty" when in reality it was kept dry and maintained for the 2 yrs I had it and only rode it a few times. That made me so pissed. She also went to the police station and they basically laughed at her. LOL.

Im one of them people who write paragraphs everywhere but school it seems blush

|

Instagram

12/30/2013 6:02 PM

i used to regret getting JCPCs but nom i love them.
i also regret getting shadow strada tires. i miss my chase hawks

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/30/2013 6:09 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Why don't you just switch your tires back? Did you get rid of your hawks?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/30/2013 6:10 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Why don't you just switch your tires back? Did you get rid of your hawks?

one of them is shredded. and i wanna run matching tires. i rode them for 11 months

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/30/2013 6:18 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

We're the Millers dude.

|

12/30/2013 7:31 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

one of them is shredded. and i wanna run matching tires. i rode them for 11 months

What's the updates on the stradas?

I regret getting WTP Supreme barends, they're expensive and made out of softer metal than shadow barends.
Should have just bought ody parends. lol.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/30/2013 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 8:41 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

We're the Millers dude.

"A smidge of weed"
I had something after that but I didnt want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it

|

Instagram

12/30/2013 8:40 PM

Let's see.... Trading my ONLY EVER gold Demolition Rogue LHD laced to a black Sputnic Rewind rim, trading that wheel for a complete silver Revenge wheel from a complete and some chrome Fit Shiv 1 forks. Then I traded my first Chase Hawk and Fit FAF tan walls and the Revenge wheel for a blakc Demolition Zero complete wheel with a blown out Anorexia hub and brake wear on the damn rim, with gay white spokes!.. Then I traded the Demolition Zero wheel for a black Stolen Rebellion complete female wheel, and the fuckin guy snapped off the non drive side so I had to use a bunch of makeshift spacers to take up the cone area. Then later traded my comeplete fluorescent orange Vandero V2 to a black Hazard Lite off of a 2012 Odyssey Soundwave complete for a damn gray Kink Viridian V2 hub laced to a black Alienation Deviant. That's about it. Right up before the first event and last even were the worst times. I had a very decent wheelset before the first event and now I have a pretty damn dialed bike and I try to stand my ground as much as possible. I traded way too fuckin much back then.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/30/2013 8:53 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

We're the Millers dude.

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

"A smidge of weed"
I had something after that but I didnt want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it

dude get on el skype

|

12/30/2013 10:55 PM

many regrets...probably biggest one is selling my Madera Unity stem (in graffiti) for $20 plus a set of shitty ass stripped nitrous bars. agh.

|

Insta: @devicacy