any woodgrain setups out there?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2016 8:42 AM

Thinking about getting the tree woodgrain bars/forks but not sure how it will look with a different color bike (was thinking black since I have black parts but I'm unsure)

Wanted to see if anyone else had any sort of woodgrain setup so I can gauge how it will look. Would like to see bar/forks with a different frame color but if you have any woodgrain parts I'd love to see them anyway!

|

This is my second account, the old one is xlilkillaluc15x

5050 Skatepark - NYCs only indoor skatepark!

2/5/2016 10:11 AM

Mocked this up a while ago, would have loved to see it built up:

Photo

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/5/2016 12:08 PM

Woodgrain will look good with most solid colors. A darker red, a blue, pine green etc.

Basically picture a cabin, and the colors you would find there. I had a lighter wood grain sprocket from Mosh and it looked good on a red frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/6/2016 1:52 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Photo

That Realtree camo frame is somewhat difficult to obtain. Looks boss though.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/6/2016 8:09 PM

Friend had a full wood grain setup. Mostly Tree, I'll see if I have any pictures of her. The hubs always caught the eye, they where a bamboo color and look real.

|

2/7/2016 9:34 AM

Yes volume is coming out with woodgrian parts in 2016 summer fall

|

2/8/2016 6:07 AM

I don't think I'd use woodgrain as a main color, I feel like it would look much better as an accent on small parts. Stems and hubs and such.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/8/2016 6:36 AM

Lupton8276 wrote:

Yes volume is coming out with woodgrian parts in 2016 summer fall

No they aren't.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2016 10:07 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

I don't think I'd use woodgrain as a main color, I feel like it would look much better as an accent on small parts. Stems and ...more

I disagree, i think a full woodgrain would be SICK. Haha You could always sing the Morning Wood song.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2016 4:55 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Woodgrain will look good with most solid colors. A darker red, a blue, pine green etc.

Basically picture a cabin, and the ...more

No it wouldn't!

|

2/9/2016 8:28 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Photo

That frame was made for the Botanic colorway. I would rock it.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green