anyone else do all of their tricks oppo

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2018 11:38 PM

like i was watching some riders that are left foot forward tailwhip counter-clockwise and carve right. im left foot forward, tailwhip clockwise, carve left, etc... anyone else?

|

smile

9/14/2018 11:41 PM

If you're left foot forward, doing tailwhips clockwise is "normal", but carving left is not. So you're partially fuck-footed.

|

9/15/2018 12:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2018 12:44 AM

Ya I'm left foot forward and I do whips counterclockwise , so does Sunday I believe but hes right footed ? I also throw bars into my back foot so my regular bars are switch... it sucks but its cool I guess . I dont ride enough to really dial both ways in sadly , I was close for barspins but whips are a monster to learn shitfooted

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/15/2018 7:53 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Ya I'm left foot forward and I do whips counterclockwise , so does Sunday I believe but hes right footed ? I also throw bars into my back foot so my regular bars are switch... it sucks but its cool I guess . I dont ride enough to really dial both ways in sadly , I was close for barspins but whips are a monster to learn shitfooted

yeah right foot forward / whip clockwise

pain in the fucking ass to learn but still one of the coolst feeling tricks to do

|

9/15/2018 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2018 9:43 AM

Thankfully im normal,

I dont do any tricks oppo lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/15/2018 9:45 AM

I do everything oppo and reg. Because I was more comfortable with left grind and sprocket right from racing. So, I learned that way in the late 90’s and then came LHD. Why swap? I just do stuff both directions now

|

9/15/2018 10:29 AM

Honestly, at this point in time for BMX, whatever feels normal is normal.

Jay Dalton is left foot forwards, spins left, whips and bars his "opposite" way, and runs right-side pegs. Isaac Lesser is left foot, throws his bars clockwise. There's Josh Dove, Justin Dowell, Kris Fox... too many who do things the "wrong" way.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/15/2018 10:56 AM

I Indian Giver every time, I think I make them look okay. . .don't worry about it. If it feels good it probably looks good.

|

9/15/2018 11:31 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

I Indian Giver every time, I think I make them look okay. . .don't worry about it. If it feels good it probably looks good.

Nothing will ever count though lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/15/2018 12:20 PM

I do turndowns regular and have to air opposite to do lookbacks , I’ve done an opposite 360 but need to work on them and do more to bring them into the bag more , I want opposite 360s in the bag just so I can learn opposite 360 lookbacks , goals , ill get there eventually

|

9/15/2018 12:35 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Nothing will ever count though lol

Yea I know. . .
Photo

|

9/16/2018 11:36 AM

When I started riding again like a month ago, I found myself LFF, when I used to be RFF. I’m learning everything over again, but its coming fast because I know how to do the trick already, its just about getting the muscle memory and feeling comfortable doing it the right way. I sometimes do oppo tricks if like a girl is watching or something, but I’m trying my hardest to not default to them until doing things LFF correctly feels more natural.

|

9/16/2018 11:43 AM

What ever is normal for you is normal. It's only oppo if you do it your unnatural way. Being fuck footed doesn't mean your tricks are oppo, it just means you're fuck footed.

Generally, fuck footed people have more style, or at least a more original style.

Mike aitken.

|

9/16/2018 12:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

What ever is normal for you is normal. It's only oppo if you do it your unnatural way. Being fuck footed doesn't mean your tricks are oppo, it just means you're fuck footed.

Generally, fuck footed people have more style, or at least a more original style.

Mike aitken.

Van Homan

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/16/2018 12:18 PM

There is no normal. Only what you like and find comfortable. Just keep in mind that you might want a guard sprocket if you grind on the same side as the drive setup you run.

This is FREEstyle meaning you are free to do anything you want and nobody should be saying you did anything wrong at any point.

|

9/16/2018 1:04 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mike aitken.

p1p1092 wrote:

Van Homan

Van homan isn't fuck footed, he just does whips the other way. He's left foot forward, spins right, grinds left, throws bars with his left hand

|

9/16/2018 3:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mike aitken.

p1p1092 wrote:

Van Homan

grumpySteve wrote:

Van homan isn't fuck footed, he just does whips the other way. He's left foot forward, spins right, grinds left, throws bars with his left hand

I'd still kinda count that but I thought he was a bit more fuck-footed than that.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/17/2018 8:45 AM

I have no idea which way I grind anymore if I dont ride for a few days I cant figure out which is more comfortable..I used to grind on the but spin left so easy 180 out of a grind was too had for me so I learned to grind the other way and now idk which feels better

|

9/17/2018 6:08 PM

Here is some really weird shit boys; I shred on a snowboard right foot forward. But on a bmx I'm left foot forward. Anybody else? I spin to the right naturally on both. So my snowboard spins are backside naturally.

|

9/17/2018 6:25 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Here is some really weird shit boys; I shred on a snowboard right foot forward. But on a bmx I'm left foot forward. Anybody else? I spin to the right naturally on both. So my snowboard spins are backside naturally.

Same. I think it has to do with the way a bike is controlled. Most skateboarders I know are the opposite foot forward on a bike. I used to be RFF on bike till I started skateboarding for 10 years with my RFF and now I’m more comfortable LFF on my bike.

|

9/17/2018 6:52 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Same. I think it has to do with the way a bike is controlled. Most skateboarders I know are the opposite foot forward on a bike. I used to be RFF on bike till I started skateboarding for 10 years with my RFF and now I’m more comfortable LFF on my bike.

This is so interesting to me, the dynamic of the leading foot on a skateboard versus a bicycle.

|

9/17/2018 7:17 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

I'm left foot forward on scoot and skateboard ..surprisingly on a scooter I spin pretty easy both ways..but scoot is easy as fuck but it's cool to do when your sore from riding ..I just want to ride either way..I try to adapt and overcome ..at least sometimes

|

9/18/2018 12:55 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Yup, regular(lff) on a snowboard and skateboard but RFF on a bike. Always been that way. I do spin naturally to the left on both

|