anyone ever unlearn a trick?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2019 9:22 PM

when you have a trick dialed one week and then just totally forget it the next and can't even get the gist of it anymore... the fuck is the cause of that? and how do you guys get rid of that?

|

8/7/2019 12:00 AM

Very common in the first days/weeks following the first time you landed a trick.

You just gotta try more until the trick becomes instinctive

|

8/7/2019 3:46 AM

Also a long period of time not doing it does that. You have to shake the cobwebs off it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/7/2019 5:52 AM

Hell, I have days where I can't do tricks that I've been able to on command for years. It happens.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/7/2019 7:50 AM

I used to be able to feeble -> smith on ledges

then one day I did it on a kinked round rail, so feeble the flat -> hop -> switch smith the down

and after that, I could no longer do them on ledges. It's the strangest thing, that was about a year ago, and I still can't do them.

|

Come back with a warrant.

8/7/2019 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2019 8:36 AM

Smith grinds and no footed cans for me , takes me a while to pull one off

|

8/7/2019 12:06 PM

Anything that involves letting go of the bars. I just freeze now and always think the worst is going to happen

|

8/7/2019 10:31 PM

for me it was toboggans, sadly. they're my favorite trick and i used to be able to dip them pretty far, then i just rode only street for a month

|

smile

8/7/2019 11:23 PM

Actually, I used to be able to do every single trick that existed. I just unlearned them all.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/8/2019 1:43 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Actually, I used to be able to do every single trick that existed. I just unlearned them all.

Me too. Every single one.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

8/8/2019 4:17 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Anything that involves letting go of the bars. I just freeze now and always think the worst is going to happen

I do this with barspins, then I force myself to huck em, then I can do them again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura