are hub guards worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2013 9:07 AM

I've never really bothered to look into hub guards really, but I've started seeing a lot more people using them now. The question is are they worth it and if so what's the pro's and cons?

|

Keep it frosty

9/6/2013 9:22 AM

exactly as advertised..they protect your hub from damage when grinding, highly worth it imo if you grind a lot and want to keep your hub fresh

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/6/2013 9:26 AM

Yes they're worth it

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/6/2013 9:52 AM

They protect your spokes and hubs from getting beat to hell, which in my opinion is completely worth it.

|

9/6/2013 10:04 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

They protect your spokes and hubs from getting beat to hell, which in my opinion is completely worth it.

This, if you have the money, for sure get them. I refuse to grind without them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/6/2013 10:06 AM

yes completely 100% worth it. if there is one that is made for your exact hub get it. the more specialized it is for a certain hub usually the better.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

9/6/2013 10:29 AM

you like breaking spokes? Get one it's almost a most thing to have if your runing pegs

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

9/6/2013 10:50 AM

They protect your hubs. Definitely worth it, I run them front/rear. There are no cons to a hub guard in my opinion.

|

9/6/2013 7:36 PM

Photo
|

9/7/2013 12:44 PM

I agree get one but sometimes hub specific guards arent always the best if your worried about your spokes.... example Macneil Primary guard for matching rear hub, Its barely big enough diameter to cover the flange on the hub although has done its job, but with its bell shape and if you lock grinds close to the spokes already you WILL go through spokes.
That said a shadow guard or similar fits that hub nice and helps save spokes as well.

|

9/7/2013 1:41 PM

No .......learning how to grind on your pegs properly is worth it......hub guards are for sloppy grinders.......silly idiots pegs are for grinding not spokes

|

9/7/2013 1:49 PM

eskimojay wrote:

No .......learning how to grind on your pegs properly is worth it......hub guards are for sloppy grinders.......silly idiots pegs are for grinding not spokes

Hahaha!

|

9/7/2013 5:53 PM

eskimojay wrote:

you hurt my feelings man... sad

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/7/2013 6:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That's dumb. No-one 100% perfectly always grinds on their pegs. Why would pro's use hubguards then?

|

9/7/2013 7:20 PM

if you grind driveside get the shadow drive side guard

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me