axle question

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2008 7:56 PM

My front axle is bent, i need to get a replacement. its the stock hub from a kink transistion, sealed 3/8. would any axle work or is it specific? and is there stronger 3/8 alxes?

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

10/27/2008 8:00 PM

wow, my bro bent the axle on his liberty real quick too,
id say call dans and tell them its a hub from the stock transition and you need a replacement, and let them help you out with finding one that fits right

|

10/27/2008 8:15 PM

o ya, i bent this thing like nothing haha. i took the axle out and it looks like the poverty/dk one. looks exactly like it. so ima order it. and i need forks now to...fuckin bent my dropout along with it, i pounded it back, but u know once it bends....it makes it weaker.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 8:17 PM

dans and staff haves some generic axles, call them they can help you

|

10/27/2008 8:34 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

o ya, i bent this thing like nothing haha. i took the axle out and it looks like the poverty/dk one. looks exactly like it. so ima order it. and i need forks now to...fuckin bent my dropout along with it, i pounded it back, but u know once it bends....it makes it weaker.

yep, i think that happened to my bros too cause hes telling me over the phone that his peg is bent upwards a bit, if you got the cash id suggest a gsport hub, its built for street and if by some chance it does bend the bolts you can get some more at your local hardware store

|

10/27/2008 8:35 PM

and odsy ofcourse for the forks

|

10/27/2008 9:00 PM

im bout to order a alex elite front wheel with the poverty hub, odyssey gucamole green dirt forks, and odyssey gi pegs....the codes ig ot from dans are free ground shippin of 20 bucks off, the 20 is hte best deal, still be 166 bucks and some change.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 9:12 PM

nice dude not sure on the wheel but alex is decent from what i hear,

side note, i see the appeal to the high seat i got a primo post set to the highest itll go. good for balencing hang5's i feel more stable too.

|

10/27/2008 9:14 PM

ya...the wheel is just...well, cheap lol. i might look for a differnt one..poverty shit either works good..or is junk

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 9:23 PM

are the forks 3/8th or 14, the ones your ordering? jw

|

10/27/2008 9:32 PM

14mm, im a big dude. and im thinkin fuck 3/8 haha.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 9:42 PM

i snapped one on my stock fit flow after about half a year or so, and im smooth on ledges and only 135 ish so i decided to stay away from regular 3/8th axles too, but i didnt have the money for forks and hub, then i found the gsport and im in love with it.
3/8ths is a scary size, i dont really see the point for it, and hollow 3/8ths is asking for death.

|

10/27/2008 9:49 PM

lol ya, after some thought im goin to wait on the parts...decided id rather do it right, then buy some cheaper shit. wont be riding much this winter anyways unless we luck out in the midwest. ill just stick to feeble grinds for now hahaha.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 9:59 PM

hey dude, i just realized that Hays is right off 70, do you have any parks in the area? Im moving soon and im taking 70 all the way

|

10/27/2008 10:05 PM

ya bro we have a park here, aint the greatest. campous is fun to ride. some street spots, i mainly just ride around campous as i live basicly on it. u should deffinatly stop by hays dude. u can even crash on the couch if you want. we can ride if its snowing i dont give a fuck haha. when u movin?

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 10:25 PM

should be like within two weeks, i just gotta finish packing, change adress, rent, etc then im good to go,

|

10/27/2008 10:33 PM

ah, it should be farily nice out yet by then. we can ride campous and check out the ladies..which is basicly the only reason i stick to campous haha. the skatepark, has a 4 foot and 6 foot quarters, side by side. a pryimid, small grind rail, couple ledges/seats. a cement bank thing that starts out small then goes half around the park and its like 3-3.5 foot tall at the end with a rail on stairs. ya....that kinda makes no sense...haha use ur imagination. Let me know what day or night it wil be, ill find out what the weather will be like, and if i have to work ill take off so we can ride. I suck at riding, my friend on the other hand is pretty good and im sure he will be down to ride with us.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 10:58 PM

sweet, ill send you a message as soon as i know exactley when im going to be leaving

|

10/27/2008 11:00 PM

sounds good, ill just email you my phone number, that way when you get here, you can give me a call and ill give ya directions.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

10/27/2008 11:12 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

im bout to order a alex elite front wheel with the poverty hub, odyssey gucamole green dirt forks, and odyssey gi pegs....the codes ig ot from dans are free ground shippin of 20 bucks off, the 20 is hte best deal, still be 166 bucks and some change.

38m1 gets you 20% off with dans

|

live fast - ride hard

10/27/2008 11:15 PM

thanks, hopefully that one will still work once i get money to get good shit haha.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")