bar height?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2015 2:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2015 2:13 PM

Hey guys I'm about 6 feet tall (around 182cm) and I currently have the Sunday tall-t bars (8.7 height). I'm thinking about changing them to taller bars, but I'm too used to these and am afraid that I won't be able to do shit with taller ones. Also, what are the benefits of having taller bars (except easier nose manual I guess)? And what would you recommend? SHould I change them? Thanks.
Peace

|

8/3/2015 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2015 8:16 AM

Bar height is a really big deal.
The higher it will be, the easier the bike will be to lift up.
The balance point for manuals is different, that's up to you to find the good one, (too high will loopoot too easily)
But you can lose some bike control if the bar is too high, while riding a bowl for example.
Also it will determine your position on the bike, you'll may be more comfortable higher maybe not.

If that can help you, I measure 185cm (6'1) and I ride with a 8.75" bar, coupled with a high rise topload (33mm rise) and 7mm of spacers.
before that I was riding another stem who rised less the bar with 15mm of spacers but I wasn't high enough, so I bought a new stem (that I have now) and put it while keeping all my spacers (I was riding a gyro) but I had lose the control of my bike, like that feeling when you ride someone else's bike, you can do stuff, but not as good as usual.
So starting of that, I had try a lot of spacers combinations under my stem... 10...12...7...5mm... and finaly 7mm brings me the perfect bar height, but this has make me understood how important the bar height is, a 2mm spacer can make a big difference, without it I'm too low and too high with one more.

So before to buy anything, try to play with spacers, flip your stem if you ride a frontload and see how it feels.
Good luck to find your sweet spot.

|

8/3/2015 4:14 PM

Get a taller stem or add a spacer. Gives you a more efficient front end. Taller bars are weaker (If you consider otherwise identical specs) and will slip more.

I'm 6' tall and ride 9" bars, a 28mm rise stem, and no spacers with a minimal dust cap. Feels perfect.

|

8/3/2015 7:33 PM

Francky wrote:

Bar height is a really big deal.
The higher it will be, the easier the bike will be to lift up.
The balance point for manuals ...more

Ive found my sweet spot xD

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/4/2015 12:01 PM

well I have a front load stem and 2 spacers which are probably 7-8 mm total. I've tried flipping my stem upside down but I dont really feel much of a difference. Anyways, I'll try pushing my bars a bit forward, if that doesnt work i'll probably switch to taller bars. What bars would you recommend for street?

|

8/4/2015 1:27 PM

Buy 2 2mm spacers and try adding one. If that's not enough add the other. You don't have to worry about adjusting to new bars and you spend $5 instead of $70

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

9/7/2015 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2015 7:13 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Buy 2 2mm spacers and try adding one. If that's not enough add the other. You don't have to worry about adjusting to new bars ...more

or at least do that *before* spending the $70 and getting bars that aren't the right bars. if you play around with spacers you'll find exactly what height you like your grips, then you can figure out bars/stem from there.

|