bars

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2013 9:58 AM

hey team

today i went riding after 3 horrible months of not riding.
so i started doing the simple tricks like bunny hop, then one hander flat, 180 on a bank etc. and what really surprised me (and annoyed me:@) was that I could hop half as much as I did 3 months ago. However, when I started hopping around, every single time I landed on my back tire, balance 1-2 seconds and fall back, or I lift the front too much and fall back immediately without even lifting the back tire(this happened most of the time). When I tried to do one hander and 180 bunny hop on the bank same thing happened. Do you think the problem comes from the bars, because mine are quite big(I have Sunday Tall-T which have 8.7 rise and 28.5 width) and I am 1.75 tall and 14 years old, or with the frame (it has 20.5 TT)?

any help would be appreciated smile

|

11/27/2013 10:02 AM

Nah. Youre just not used to your bike. Keep at it, youll regain all your skill fairly fast.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2013 10:08 AM

well yeah i hope so
but another thing I forgot to mention is that one month ago I met a friend and he was with his bike and I took a ride and did the one hander pretty good from the first try, I think it was twice as high than with my bike (sunday aaron ross AM) and he has a mongoose -.- but his bars are smaller and that really made me think that my problem is because of the size of the bars

|

11/27/2013 10:22 AM

Generally, you can hop higher with skinnier bars.
wider bars give bike control, skinnier give higher hops, taller gives comfort. I could definitely hop higher with my 28" that had the exact specs of my 29".
I saw a comparison on here a while back "try a push up with your arms extended out, and one with your arms lined up with your shoulders, which is easier?" Basically, you can use more muscle when your arms are closest to lined up with your shoulders. If you want skinnier bars just cut 1/4in of each side of your bars. Maybe 1/2 inch if you feel it be necessary

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2013 10:35 AM

No. It comes from 3 months of not riding.

You just need to get back at it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/27/2013 11:29 AM

but i did the one hander perfect with the f*cking mongoose -.- and I hardly do a normal hop with my incredibly awesome sunday ..

|

11/27/2013 2:45 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Generally, you can hop higher with skinnier bars.
wider bars give bike control, skinnier give higher hops, taller gives comfort. I could definitely hop higher with my 28" that had the exact specs of my 29".
I saw a comparison on here a while back "try a push up with your arms extended out, and one with your arms lined up with your shoulders, which is easier?" Basically, you can use more muscle when your arms are closest to lined up with your shoulders. If you want skinnier bars just cut 1/4in of each side of your bars. Maybe 1/2 inch if you feel it be necessary

dont know about the rest, but when i have my 28 wide bars on, they dont seem to have as much impact as my 25 wide scerbos
dont know if this is just imagination, but it makes a bit of sense from a physics standpoint

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/27/2013 3:25 PM

Your bars are pretty tall, and you are not too tall. If i were you id just get some 8.25 rise bars and be happy. Maybe something not so wide. Get em cut if the width is too much.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/27/2013 10:35 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Your bars are pretty tall, and you are not too tall. If i were you id just get some 8.25 rise bars and be happy. Maybe something not so wide. Get em cut if the width is too much.

could you recommend me some good bars with 8-8.5 rise smile

|