bars

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2018 7:15 PM

i just switched my headset anyone have any tips on how to get my bars dead straight? it pisses me off if they are crooked

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

3/24/2018 7:25 PM

Turn your front end around, so that the bars are facing you, look down them and line them up with the tips of the droputs.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/24/2018 11:20 PM

To add, ride forwards with your arms locked straight so you can look down and see if they're perfect or not. If not, then just shift the wheel over as needed. It's really not too difficult.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/24/2018 11:21 PM

Patience, and tighten your stem a bit, just enough so it bites but you can still adjust the alignment

|

3/25/2018 1:51 AM

Try to get your bar crossbar inline with your pegs (instead of trying to get your stem inline with the tyre like most people do, it's much more precise).

|

3/25/2018 6:53 AM

readybmxer wrote:

To add, ride forwards with your arms locked straight so you can look down and see if they're perfect or not. If not, then just ...more

That only works if you have two arms of equal length...lol

|

3/25/2018 7:56 AM

Place a ruler horizontal on the tire and match the crossbar straight with it. You can make the ruler straight by rolling the tire back so the ruler rests on the forks, the ruler will straighten out. Then just roll the tire forward again and line up the bar straight with the ruler. Photo

Photo

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/25/2018 9:52 AM

Photo
|

3/25/2018 10:33 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Ah, I guess so, lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/25/2018 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2018 5:14 PM

readybmxer wrote:

To add, ride forwards with your arms locked straight so you can look down and see if they're perfect or not. If not, then just ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. I broke my growth plate in my arm when I was 16, luckily it's only an inch or 2 shorter than my other arm, and it's my left arm(I'm right handed) haha. Broke that arm 6 times actually...never the right arm though. It's all from skateboarding. I guess if you skate regular, you will almost always fall on your left arm first. as for getting your bars straight, I usually close one eye, and try to line up my tire with the side of my stem. kinda hard to explain I guess, just be patient. lining up your tire with the top tube first will help too.

|

3/25/2018 10:42 PM

Snug it down and roll a bit, adjust til your arms feel even and your bike goes straight lol. Then Snug them some more.

My eyes must be crooked cuz every pair of handlebars looks bent when I try eyeballing it. Stems bars and rear wheels can take all day..

|

In midschool bike rides you.

3/27/2018 6:32 AM

DrewH85 wrote:

Snug it down and roll a bit, adjust til your arms feel even and your bike goes straight lol. Then Snug them some more.

My ...more

Im the same, i think bars and forks and whatnot are always welded a bit improperly. I always go by the crossbar and front axles, better if you run 2 pegs.

I have bent fork dropouts a few times though...so maybe thats not the best way either.

|

3/27/2018 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2018 8:37 AM

I'm pretty good at eyeing things up but that ruler method is probably going to be the best bet. It doesn't have to be perfect and will probably move anyway with decent enough impact from a fall.

|

3/27/2018 9:26 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Im the same, i think bars and forks and whatnot are always welded a bit improperly. I always go by the crossbar and front ...more

You rarely bend the top of the dropout; it's usually only the bottom. If it is bent though, you can line up with your cones.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/27/2018 11:18 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

Place a ruler horizontal on the tire and match the crossbar straight with it. You can make the ruler straight by rolling the ...more

Same thing I do.

|