bars slipping!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2014 11:06 AM

I just got a animal remix off stem but my bars keep slipping and always stop at the same spot, I don't think that is the stem because that's why I got the animal stem.

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Facebook Photography Page
Bike Check

3/30/2014 11:18 AM

Did they slip on your previous stem?

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/30/2014 11:25 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Yeah

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Bike Check

3/30/2014 11:32 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

GFresh wrote:

Yeah

The knurling on the bars is probably worn down then or the clamping area could be crushed. if its the knurling you can wrap it with some aluminum foil and that usually works for a temporary fix

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/30/2014 11:35 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

GFresh wrote:

Yeah

handlebar-to-face wrote:

The knurling on the bars is probably worn down then or the clamping area could be crushed. if its the knurling you can wrap it ...more

Thanks, but how can I get it permanently fixed?

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Bike Check

3/30/2014 11:53 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

GFresh wrote:

Yeah

handlebar-to-face wrote:

The knurling on the bars is probably worn down then or the clamping area could be crushed. if its the knurling you can wrap it ...more

this

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/30/2014 11:57 AM

Rough the stem and bars up with some sand paper then brush the dust off then when you tighten your stem do it in a star patern jumping from one bolt to the other so it gets tightened evenly

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/30/2014 1:53 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Rough the stem and bars up with some sand paper then brush the dust off then when you tighten your stem do it in a star patern ...more

I just checked and the bars have lost some grip in a few spots but I really like them

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Bike Check

3/30/2014 2:05 PM

Get new bars. Or like Mitch said rough up the clamping area a bit

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/30/2014 2:07 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Get new bars. Or like Mitch said rough up the clamping area a bit

2nd options is worth the try.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/30/2014 7:42 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Rough the stem and bars up with some sand paper then brush the dust off then when you tighten your stem do it in a star patern ...more

This, its what I did and it doesnt move for shit!

|

3/30/2014 9:41 PM

It's stupid but maybe take something that can make deep scratches into the bars to make up for the knurling. Like deep, deep scratches.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/30/2014 10:00 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

It's stupid but maybe take something that can make deep scratches into the bars to make up for the knurling. Like deep, deep ...more

This would work, use a saw but DON'T go deep! just a tiny bit, and do them in x formations if you can.

A friend of mine's bars would always slip, it was definitely the bars because he got another set & they didn't slip. I suggested to saw grooves very lightly into the knurled area, and that fixed his problem for good.

Also, did you paint your bars by any chance? A lot of people make this mistake & forget to tape off the knurled area, or at the very least sand the paint off of there.

|

3/30/2014 10:05 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

It's stupid but maybe take something that can make deep scratches into the bars to make up for the knurling. Like deep, deep ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This would work, use a saw but DON'T go deep! just a tiny bit, and do them in x formations if you can.

A friend of mine's ...more

Nope, never painted my bars before

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Bike Check

3/31/2014 9:24 AM

I use a razor blade knife and cut AWAY from myself to rough it up. Make sure your stem has no paint in the clamping area and rought that up too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/31/2014 10:09 AM

New bars

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

3/31/2014 10:13 AM

If they are slipping but holding really tight in a different position there is a chance you have ovalised the clamping area.

|

3/31/2014 1:20 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

New bars

No need for new bars man.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER