barspins?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2013 5:01 PM

so 2 days ago i finally manned up and threw bars(fell every time), i never really tried to throw em before, so it was pretty cool. at the end of the day i broke a finger, and bruised the shit out of my palm. anyways my question is, how long did it take you guys to land your first barspin after you started commiting to them, how long should i wait for my finger to heal for, and is throwing with my left hand wrong if im right foot foward

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

10/17/2013 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2013 5:13 PM

How do you know your finger is broken? When I was first trying my barspins I remember this one time I fell kinda funny and I hit my bar ends (no caps on them ) with my elbow a little below my elbow towards my palm.... I felt this extreme pain and shit went numb for a few seconds after I got up I felt a little bump where I got hit and it took a long ass time to heal. I remember I'd be at school and accidentally lean on my injured elbow and it would hurt a shit load... I kept riding though just took it easy and didn't do barspins for the longest.

It's just committing to staying on the pedals and throwing the bars at the right time.

|

10/17/2013 5:14 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

How do you know your finger is broken? When I was first trying my barspins I remember this one time I fell kinda funny and I hit my bar ends (no caps on them ) with my elbow a little below my elbow towards my palm.... I felt this extreme pain and shit went numb for a few seconds after I got up I felt a little bump where I got hit and it took a long ass time to heal. I remember I'd be at school and accidentally lean on my injured elbow and it would hurt a shit load... I kept riding though just took it easy and didn't do barspins for the longest.

It's just committing to staying on the pedals and throwing the bars at the right time.

i had my friends mom look at it, she is a nurse. and will catching them just come with time?

|

10/17/2013 5:36 PM

Purple bike wrote:

i had my friends mom look at it, she is a nurse. and will catching them just come with time?

Everything comes with time. Different people have different problems for me I think the throwing came pretty easy it's just the staying on the pedals that was difficult and still is. I don't have my barspins dialed but I more or less know the feel behind them. Some people use their knees to hold the seat to stay stable I use my calves and hunch over my bars. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged.

|

10/17/2013 5:58 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Purple bike wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Everything comes with time. Different people have different problems for me I think the throwing came pretty easy it's just the staying on the pedals that was difficult and still is. I don't have my barspins dialed but I more or less know the feel behind them. Some people use their knees to hold the seat to stay stable I use my calves and hunch over my bars. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged.

ok, thanks for the help man, im gonna just man up and deal with the broken finger(its only a fracture above the top nuckle, so its on the part that doesnt matter) ill try and land afew tomarrow

|

10/17/2013 6:00 PM

like a few weeks,
wait about a week,
yes

|

10/17/2013 6:49 PM

took me 2-3 days once i started really wanting to land them, took about 100 attempts lol then i had them for a month and lost them for about 3 then re learned them later on

|

10/17/2013 7:03 PM

I've tried and my bike just floats away from me

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/17/2013 9:23 PM

3,4, maybe 5
Your finger is fine, ride your bike pussy
Enough pinecones

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

10/17/2013 10:57 PM

Which Barspin is the question? if your talking about a regular barspin where your riding with both feet on the pedals and then the technique is to clip the seat and spin the bars, it took me about some hours, i would not say a day because it was in the 100 digits so hot outside i had to keep getting water but i was committed, the bunny hop barspin now that took some time, about a week, but once you learn the regular barspin, you can start trying your own combos.

|

10/18/2013 12:10 AM

Manual barspins took a full day of practice. I got manual halfbars almost right away. I've been trying legit hop bars now for about a month and have only landed a few. I can hop halfbar like a champ but that's not what I care about. Hardest part is learning how to distribute your weight so you don't fly off the back of your bike...least for me. I know I need to lean more forward but just haven't got it committed to muscle memory yet, hence the reason I've only landed a few.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride