barspins..

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2009 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:59 PM

hey guys sup!! ok ive been "riding" for at least 10 years...but i didnt start riding street until 07 and didnt start getting ballsy until last summer...

so far i have my 180pivots, smith grinds and manuals down hard...i started working on my barspins, 360's and 180 rollbacks right before it got cold...

i wasnt doing that bad with my barspins because someone told me to start with halfs until im ready for a full and im doing fine but it seems like my bike isnt working so well with barspins i keep hitting my knee and its pissin me off...idk what to do..

..heres my setup

bars: s&m grandslam xlt 8.25"

frame: fly pantera 2 ..20.5"

see the frame is kinda small im only 5'7" so i thought it would be fine...im wondering if i should use a 21 inch?...anyone have any ideas of what i should use to help get more clearance with barspins?..

|

why would u wanna get FELT buy a bike!!!..lmfao

11/16/2009 10:29 PM

try pinching ur seat

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/16/2009 10:33 PM

pinch lean throw catch its simple as fuck.
haha just patronizing youwink
for real though its all about commitment and straigtning your legs.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

11/16/2009 10:35 PM

my seat isnt big enough..=[ i kinda tried tht but i dont need to pinch it that much..my knees still get caught every so often and it pisses me off..lol i broke my brakelever throwing my bike because i effed up me knee..

|

11/16/2009 10:39 PM

you need to pinch crank arms and seat tube.
If I can OCCASIONALY land a hop bar on my killorado you can find something to pinch on your bike im sure.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

11/16/2009 10:42 PM

ohhh ok im thinking they keep telling me to do it like a flatland barspin ...im like a street seat cant be pinched so easily i have a slammed seat!!..well not tottaly slammed but that post is small as hell

|

11/16/2009 11:01 PM

just keep trying straten out your legs

|

"go high, touch the sky"

11/16/2009 11:05 PM

FLYbikesRP2 wrote:

ohhh ok im thinking they keep telling me to do it like a flatland barspin ...im like a street seat cant be pinched so easily i have a slammed seat!!..well not tottaly slammed but that post is small as hell

If you can't pinch your seat (like me), just hold your cranks. I put my rear foot just under the edge of the crank arm, it helped me to keep my feet on. Then straighten your legs so your bars wont hit. Then all you have to do is catch ya bars lol ( the fun part )

|

BMX 4 LIFE,20 inches of pure freedom

11/17/2009 12:11 AM

knee pads help with commiting to at least they did for me

|

legendary terror

11/17/2009 1:53 AM

1st off, have you thought about cuting your bars down some? they are 29in wide right now and thats huge. I run the Eastern Wonder Year Bars that come 28.5in wide, and the 1st week of Oct. I cut mine to 26 3/4 to start throwing bars. I still have the same controll flying through the air and anyother trick. It just took me about 2weeks to start doing sliders again. At the same time personally, I wouldnt go any skinnyer. I stand at 5'9" and my frame is a 21TT haro, really its a 20.8. b/c of the seat tube angle. I also have a slamed seat.
You should at least think about cuttin them to 27inch. Just remember, once you cut them. You cant go back...
You dont have to go to a 21TT. You can still do this trick in a 20.5 at your stance.

Try this...
1st off, you want to be in the air when you throw your bars. Either you throw in a hop or your flying out of something; i.e. kicker, bank, or quator. Wail in the air, pinch your knea's together. By doing that, the bottom of your feet kind of go outward. Basically pinching your pedals,cranks, and helping you keep "bike controll." Your cranks must be in a level position for this to work. Also by keeping your cranks level as you pinch your knea's together, will help keep them to stay out of the way of the bars. Then the throwing of the bars comes in. You are going to want to throw them when the bike feels the lightest. (The apex of your hight) This is a trick you are going to have to commet to. You dont want to have any habbit of trying half way around. IDK who told you that, but if you do that. You could easyly loose controll when you land.
I throw with my right hand, and catch with my left. Right as I throw the bars, my hands almost come together. This helps me watch my catch hand, the grip of the bars I want to catch, and helps me from not catching them half way around.

This is not a trick you will get down over night, so dont give up and keep trying. I still have yet to get them dialed and I started the begging of last month...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/17/2009 2:15 AM

thanks guys..yeah i guess i need to just suck it up ..i always think if i change my setup things will get easier...and about the halfspins i was working on....half way around isnt that bad ...i mean the highest i ever prohopped was like a little over 3 feet on an average its about 2.5 feet unless in trying to hop over sumthing.. the half barspin was to just get the feel of spin the bars in the air...id recomend trying that before a full barspin..unless you want to hurt yourself a lot..

PS: my bars are cut to about 27.sumthin..i cut off roughly an inch trying not to void the warranty..

|

11/17/2009 5:32 AM

hop and at the height of ur hop pinch ur knees or just get them out of the way either one is fine lol but at the peak of ur hop pinch knees/get em outta the way and then throw and catch and land. wear some kneepads and try them in the grass first. NOT TO SCARE U BUT U WILL EAT SHIT a couple times

|

11/17/2009 8:35 AM

FLYbikesRP2 wrote:

thanks guys..yeah i guess i need to just suck it up ..i always think if i change my setup things will get easier...and about the halfspins i was working on....half way around isnt that bad ...i mean the highest i ever prohopped was like a little over 3 feet on an average its about 2.5 feet unless in trying to hop over sumthing.. the half barspin was to just get the feel of spin the bars in the air...id recomend trying that before a full barspin..unless you want to hurt yourself a lot..

PS: my bars are cut to about 27.sumthin..i cut off roughly an inch trying not to void the warranty..

I DONT recomend the half spin to get the feel of the spinning of the bars. If you want to get the feeling; put your back tire up aginst a wall and hold your front end up with your pedals on the back of your legs. Then spin the bars. Thats all I do at work when I have nothen to do. Right after work today; 4times in a row I landed a 180bar off of a pinic table thats 2in under bar hight. (I have 8.50rise bars just to give you an idea of how high I hop) So me doing it in a hop or even down a 4stair is nothen.
IDK when I'm going to get truckdrivers, but it will come sooner then later. I think I just need to try and it needs to stop raining. Otherwise I would be riding right now.
Like I said b4, I just started to throw about a month in a half ago.
BTW, you dont say I hop 3 or 2.5 feet. You say, peg, top of my forks, stem, or even bar hight; if you got the balls. When I hear kids at the park or something say, oh I can hop 2.5 feet. I'm like, stay in your driveway for another 6months.

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/17/2009 1:16 PM

you're hitting your knees because you aren't pinning your legs back

i've seen people throw barspins w/ 29" wide bars on a 20.5" frame...so it isn't your set up

|