barspins w/ brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2016 9:54 PM

So just a question for you guys out there that run brakes, is do you find the brake lever itself interferes when you do barspins?

As in when you try to catch the bars?

Or do you have the lever on the throwing hand? (but i thought this interfered with the throwing action...)

Thanks guys smile

|

12/2/2016 10:00 PM

I ride with my brake on the right side, and I throw with my right hand (clockwise) and it doesn't interfere at all. I just learned how to catch with it there, and honestly it isn't much harder.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/2/2016 10:13 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I ride with my brake on the right side, and I throw with my right hand (clockwise) and it doesn't interfere at all. I just learned how to catch with it there, and honestly it isn't much harder.

ok....

so that would mean you catch with your left hand...... right?

and also what hand is your dominant hand, does this have and affect on what hand you throw with?

another thing is that do you 180 clockwise as well?

Thanks smile

|

12/2/2016 10:37 PM

Just them being there was enough to make me not wanna do barspins. I was always so scared of busting my knuckles on the lever so I just never did them unless we were playing bike. Did a bar to fakie once and ended up pulling the lever upon landing and ate shit backward. 0/10 do not recommend haha

|

12/2/2016 10:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Just them being there was enough to make me not wanna do barspins. I was always so scared of busting my knuckles on the lever so I just never did them unless we were playing bike. Did a bar to fakie once and ended up pulling the lever upon landing and ate shit backward. 0/10 do not recommend haha

LOL ok...

well the reason being i am looking getting a brake setup is that while i love my brakeless setup, i live near a few hills and my shoes are getting a bit jacked so i don't wanna ruin my shoes completely as they weren't exactly cheap..... haha

|

12/2/2016 11:24 PM

I learnt bars with a brake, actually haven't done one since being brakeless (about 10 years!). I had my lever on the right and threw with my right too. The only thing I didn't like was catching the lever, which I did a lot when I first learnt them. But you learn where to catch your bars, it becomes part of the trick. Although, i used to eat shit quite a bit doing them and that's the main reason I don't do them anymore

|

12/2/2016 11:36 PM

i throw with right hand and have lever on the left and it gets in the way every now and then

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

12/3/2016 5:22 AM

Practice! I throw right and run my lever on the right and just learned to do it over time. But I've been running brakes forever anyways lol

|

12/3/2016 8:43 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

iamelvis wrote:

ok....

so that would mean you catch with your left hand...... right?

and also what hand is your dominant hand, does this have and affect on what hand you throw with?

another thing is that do you 180 clockwise as well?

Thanks smile

I catch with my left hand, and shortly afterward I catch with my right hand (the difference is impossible to see, except on slo-mo).

My right hand is my dominant hand, but I've been trying oppo bars as well

And yes, I 180 clockwise as well.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/3/2016 12:15 PM

I run my lever on the right, spin my bars to the right, and I haven't figured out what way I spin better, lol.

While the closest to a barspin I've ever gotten as of now is a pull-up bar, the lever has never gotten in the way. I catch with left, so my left hand is the first to make contact with the bar. As for my right hand, I am ALWAYS holding my brake lever with at least my pointer finger at all times when I ride, so when I go to catch with my right hand as the bar is coming around, it naturally goes back to that position. I've had no issued wrecking my hand yet. YET. smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/3/2016 6:49 PM

readybmxer wrote:

I run my lever on the right, spin my bars to the right, and I haven't figured out what way I spin better, lol.

While the closest to a barspin I've ever gotten as of now is a pull-up bar, the lever has never gotten in the way. I catch with left, so my left hand is the first to make contact with the bar. As for my right hand, I am ALWAYS holding my brake lever with at least my pointer finger at all times when I ride, so when I go to catch with my right hand as the bar is coming around, it naturally goes back to that position. I've had no issued wrecking my hand yet. YET. smile

ok so what foot is your chocolate foot?

|

12/3/2016 9:38 PM

readybmxer wrote:

iamelvis wrote:

ok so what foot is your chocolate foot?

I assume chocolate is front... ? smile

I'm left foot forwards.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/3/2016 10:03 PM

readybmxer wrote:

I assume chocolate is front... ? smile

I'm left foot forwards.

hah yeah it is....

|

12/4/2016 4:19 PM

I could bar with brakes. I throw right and had the lever on the right. I mostly caught on the lever. I don't ride brakes anymore but it didn't make it that much harder.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

12/4/2016 5:04 PM

I don't like doing them with brakes, they piss me off since I crack my finger on the lever. I can do them decently brakeless. Plus I like my brakes dialed in pretty well so I'd HAVE to have a gyro to make it work right. I do not like the lever catching me when I do turndowns either so the brakes stay off for now.

I do enjoy brake tricks but it's not enough to keep me having them. I have a cassette so I can use pedal pressure to do fufanus and shit.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.