being hurt is fucking lame.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2009 10:30 AM

So I basically folded my foot in half in the wrong direction after sitting down on it all weird the weekend before last at the skatepark...and of course the weather has been glorious like every single day since then. Like, mid 70's-low 80's and sunny-perfect riding weather.

It was feeling better but then I went out on Saturday night and walked around on it way too much in between and on the way home from the bars, and yesterday it swelled up again and started hurting a lot more. I was hoping it was just a sprain but now I'm worried that it might be a stress fracture. It sucks b/c there's not a whole lot I can do for it besides stay off of it, so here I am, going through my booze and herb at a much higher than average rate, posting on Vital when I'd much rather be shredding.

Feel free to respond if you want, I'm mostly just ranting. But yeah, being unable to ride sucks donkey balls.

|

8/17/2009 10:31 AM

i concur

|

8/17/2009 10:35 AM

i feel you man... i'm pretty sure i've got a stress fracture in my ankle too. i'm just to afraid to go to the dr and him tell me to stay off the bike for 2 months...

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

8/17/2009 10:37 AM

haha trust me i feel your pain, i broke my thumb at the beginning of the summer

|

8/17/2009 10:40 AM

MirraCoAndHaro wrote:

lol you didnt ride b/c you broke your thumb???

i had a broken wrist and elbow at the same time in the spring and still rode. splint that shit, pop a pain pill and ride.

|

8/17/2009 10:50 AM

MirraCoAndHaro wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

i had a broken wrist and elbow at the same time in the spring and still rode. splint that shit, pop a pain pill and ride.

lol forreal i rode after i broke my wrist when i had my cast on.

|

8/17/2009 10:57 AM

MirraCoAndHaro wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

alex-ridebmx! wrote:

lol forreal i rode after i broke my wrist when i had my cast on.

i know man... i dislocated my thumb and turned it around backwards the night before a contest and rode the next day with a brace on last fall (and won :D).

ive got a couple pictures on my profile when i was riding with my wrist in a brace. didnt do anything about the elbow though, just sucked it up.

|

8/17/2009 10:59 AM

haha nice dude.
i'll have to check the pics out

|

8/17/2009 11:22 AM

yeah, there's a fine line between sucking it up and causing more long-term damage though. It's almost always better to let it heal so you don't have a weak bone/joint/etc later on down the road. Trust me, I had to learn this one the hard way a few times over before it sunk in.

Also I love BMX, but I have to heal up in the next month or two so I can shove my foot into a stiff-ass snowboard boot for the entire winter. Being able to ride the amazing powder we get in Utah all season without a gimpy foot is a pretty high priority for me. What can I say, I have adrenaline ADD.

anyway, looks like I'll be icing it and not doing a whole lot for the next week and see how it feels. I'm trying to be optimistic that there's no fracture-and I just got drunk and walked a few miles on it before I should have.

|

8/17/2009 7:15 PM

MirraCoAndHaro wrote:

when I broke my thumb they gave me a wrist cast. So after three days i couldn't take the cast anymore and cut it off with some scissors and it just fine ever since.

|