being scared

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2014 4:21 PM

im too scared to try news tricks... like even attempt them... any tips on growing balls haha

|

3/19/2014 4:27 PM

Can you bunny hop high? Can you carve around a skatepark? Manual? Work on rounding out your riding and you will become more comfortable pushing yourself

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/19/2014 4:30 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Can you bunny hop high? Can you carve around a skatepark? Manual? Work on rounding out your riding and you will become more comfortable pushing yourself

yeah i can but i can get better at it.... thanks for the tip

|

3/19/2014 4:46 PM

Seat time will help more than anything. The more u ride the better u get. Focus on smoothness and basic bike and body control. Work on manuals and stuff like that first. Even basic wheelies will dramatically improve your balence and coordination. Good luck bro

|

3/19/2014 4:50 PM

95horsepower wrote:

Seat time will help more than anything. The more u ride the better u get. Focus on smoothness and basic bike and body control. Work on manuals and stuff like that first. Even basic wheelies will dramatically improve your balence and coordination. Good luck bro

ill work on it... thanks for the tips

|

3/19/2014 5:01 PM

You not alone I'm also scared to try any tricks i want to do them everybody would get hurt including me. Would having elbow pads and knee pads gloves helps a little.

|

3/19/2014 5:08 PM

Wear a helmet ....and pads if you want ......I ride a mouthguard and and a full face when I'm riding deep bowls and big vert transitions......notice I tend to go faster and higher with it

|

3/19/2014 5:09 PM

No problem man. Im still working on manuals and dirt jumping (whips) myself. I wont ride without my triple 8 brainsaver fwiw

|

3/19/2014 5:37 PM

Pads. I wear a helmet almost all of the time and a mouth guard and gloves when i ride park. though the gloves are more because i get sweaty palms.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/19/2014 5:58 PM

Helmet and pads they'll give you the secure feeling to do new things

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/19/2014 6:23 PM

Nut up or shut up.

Just kidding. Get better bike control and the tricks will come. It just takes time.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

3/19/2014 7:45 PM

A lot of progressing for me is just breaking the fear barrier i have in my brain. Fear will make you fail, even if you have the skill to do the trick. You have to convince yourself not to be afraid.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/19/2014 9:53 PM

Stick your hand into a blender and get used to the pain so when you ride the pain you feel will be less major and it will seem like nothing compared to the blender. Dont actually stick your hand in a blender though.

|

3/20/2014 7:51 AM

Wear protections, and dont think about failing.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2014 7:36 PM

i wear a helmet, knee pads, and shin pads. other than that, when the session is fun and im excited and adrenaline is flowing i just say fuck it, YOLO and send it.
its normal to be scared, a big part of bmx is facing your fears. that being said, if you REALLY REALLY dont feel right about trying something then dont, nobody is forcing you. go at your own pace, theres no need to rush.
however, i do find it much easier to try new things when im having fun even if i do get hurt trying.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/20/2014 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2014 7:40 PM

Confidence is huge. I tell my son if he's not 100% confident and commited then dont try it. Get a good helmet as well. It will free up your mind to focus on riding

|

3/20/2014 9:17 PM

BMX is a mental game dude.

I tried backwards feeble grinds and got mangled the first 2 days but it felt good to try and push myself ! I always pussied out on the run up and when I first did hop , I did a "grunt of fear" in mid air LOL But it felt good I was trying something new instead of the same things , and then I got more comfortable with them a couple days later. It's just progression.

Then my axle striped and now I cant ride...

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/20/2014 9:39 PM

just try things as you get more comfortable at your own pace

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "