best and worst bmx complete brands

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2013 8:01 PM

i want to get a good complete

|

6/23/2013 8:06 PM

Best: We the people Envy, Redline Column.
Second best: Walmart Mongoose, or one of those bikes that looks kinda like a motorcycle. Stingray I think they're called.
Third best: Koala bear
Fourth best/ Tied with first best: Wifi, Sunday, and some other awesome completes.
Fifth best: Any Tony Hawk BMX bike.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/23/2013 8:10 PM

Like the guy above said, they're pretty much a Target bike, but I gave it a look over on the Target site, and they seem better than ur average Target bike. Usually, the dimensions, geometry, and angles of the tubes (top tube, head tube, chainstays) are not the same as reputable brands such as FIT, WTP, or Stolen. What this means, is that the bike will not feel like the other, more expensive bikes, to a degree. And believe me, an inch or two extra on a Top Tube can make a HUGE difference, if ur trying to do things like Hang-5's or even simple peg wheelies.
But in saying all this, I had a Target bike when I first started out, and it was great to learn stuff with, get me comfortable with the feel of riding a BMX after riding a mountain bike for so long, and it allowed me to figure out if I wanted to take up BMX seriously as a hobby/spor.. which I did, and then went on to buy a better, stronger, and more expensive bike. But that Target bike served it's purpose, and I leanrd some cool tricks on it, none the less, including Decades, and footjam tailwhips smile
If you just want a bike for transport, and to do a couple of basic tricks while riding it, get the Hawk bike, but if you want to ride regularly, at a skate park, or to bust some Flatland in a parking lot on weekends, invest some extra clams and get a decent bike from a bike shop. usually, anything above $400 Australian (which is about $300 US), is gonna be a good start.
And after all, you gotta ask yourself... is a BMX, made with the backing of a pro skater going to be any good..?? lol It's like Matt Hoffman making skateboards. lol waisted 5 mins of your life.

|

6/23/2013 8:12 PM

koala bear for the win, but really dude just borrow one of your buddies bikes. or go to the skate park and ask kids to ride theirs. its way cheaper and you dont have to fix it if you break it. "complete" means complete bullshit. just borrow YOLO

|

6/23/2013 8:39 PM

Foopsz wrote:

Like the guy above said, they're pretty much a Target bike, but I gave it a look over on the Target site, and they seem better than ur average Target bike. Usually, the dimensions, geometry, and angles of the tubes (top tube, head tube, chainstays) are not the same as reputable brands such as FIT, WTP, or Stolen. What this means, is that the bike will not feel like the other, more expensive bikes, to a degree. And believe me, an inch or two extra on a Top Tube can make a HUGE difference, if ur trying to do things like Hang-5's or even simple peg wheelies.
But in saying all this, I had a Target bike when I first started out, and it was great to learn stuff with, get me comfortable with the feel of riding a BMX after riding a mountain bike for so long, and it allowed me to figure out if I wanted to take up BMX seriously as a hobby/spor.. which I did, and then went on to buy a better, stronger, and more expensive bike. But that Target bike served it's purpose, and I leanrd some cool tricks on it, none the less, including Decades, and footjam tailwhips smile
If you just want a bike for transport, and to do a couple of basic tricks while riding it, get the Hawk bike, but if you want to ride regularly, at a skate park, or to bust some Flatland in a parking lot on weekends, invest some extra clams and get a decent bike from a bike shop. usually, anything above $400 Australian (which is about $300 US), is gonna be a good start.
And after all, you gotta ask yourself... is a BMX, made with the backing of a pro skater going to be any good..?? lol It's like Matt Hoffman making skateboards. lol waisted 5 mins of your life.

thnx bro tongue

|

6/23/2013 9:36 PM

All complete bikes usually suck ass anything that has sealed every thing and full chromo is going to be your best bet

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/23/2013 10:15 PM

Diamondback high end completes,Redline, KINK, Wtp, Sunday, etc.
Full chromo, Sealed everything & 100psi+ tires = good

Stolen, Ive seen alot of Verdes go to shit aswell.
Hi ten, unsealed, 50psi tires (Stolen) =Bad

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/24/2013 12:49 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Diamondback high end completes,Redline, KINK, Wtp, Sunday, etc.
Full chromo, Sealed everything & 100psi+ tires = good

Stolen, Ive seen alot of Verdes go to shit aswell.
Hi ten, unsealed, 50psi tires (Stolen) =Bad

Give stolen a break, there high end completes are not far behind any other brand

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/24/2013 12:50 AM

Bad completes - Blank and Amity.

|

6/24/2013 12:53 AM

Best = wethepeople
Worst = too many to list

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


6/24/2013 7:02 AM

what about united?

|

6/24/2013 7:14 AM

I have the wethepeople justice, its decent
the good=integrated heaset, sealed bb
the bad=unsealed hubs, 25lbs, forks, bars, and frame are all part chromo, part hi-ten steel
all other parts are decent
there really isn't much good about it, but if your a beginner its a good bike since you can always replace parts as you go on

|

6/24/2013 7:40 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Best: We the people Envy, Redline Column.
Second best: Walmart Mongoose, or one of those bikes that looks kinda like a motorcycle. Stingray I think they're called.
Third best: Koala bear
Fourth best/ Tied with first best: Wifi, Sunday, and some other awesome completes.
Fifth best: Any Tony Hawk BMX bike.

Why is it that Greenbastard was the only one to realize my list was only partially true, and the rest was pure nonsense, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/24/2013 8:49 AM

greenbastard wrote:

koala bear for the win, but really dude just borrow one of your buddies bikes. or go to the skate park and ask kids to ride theirs. its way cheaper and you dont have to fix it if you break it. "complete" means complete bullshit. just borrow YOLO

ya don't get a complete, just save up your money and build your own bike

|

6/24/2013 8:56 AM

2nd hand custom is always an option.

|

Bruh

6/24/2013 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2013 10:29 AM

Wethepeople - Trust, Zodiac, Volta, Envy (The Envy is like full aftermarket "Pro Spec" bike!)
Fit - Try to get the Pro Models or the level 3 Higher Quality Models
Sunday (Pro Models)
Fly Proton or Neutron
Kink Liberty, Local (Ben Hittle) Solace (Tony Hamlin) Transition
Subrosa Letum, Malum, Novus, Salvador

As mentioned the worst bikes, there are too many to list! Stick with one of ^ Those ^

Or as mentioned by Zach, look into finding a second hand custom build.

|

6/24/2013 10:53 AM

markos.papadimitriou wrote:

what about united?

Only if urbwilling to spend a lot on A complete I would get a WTP (united makes really good after market parts tho)

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/24/2013 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2013 11:34 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Diamondback high end completes,Redline, KINK, Wtp, Sunday, etc.
Full chromo, Sealed everything & 100psi+ tires = good

Stolen, Ive seen alot of Verdes go to shit aswell.
Hi ten, unsealed, 50psi tires (Stolen) =Bad

Sharpy wrote:

Give stolen a break, there high end completes are not far behind any other brand

One of the close locals bought a sinner. Bent the bars in the first 2 rides, Bent the forks within the week, Wheels died in 2 weeks, tires died almost ss soon as he got it & His Thermalite pedal snapped on the spindle. The thermalite pedals are an aftermarket pedal aswell so they shouldnt be as bad as stock parts. I know all these were stock parts but bars no matter if stock or not should NOT bend to -10 downsweep in 2 days. He does not throw his bike either. I know its not a high end complete but, its 400 $ & my old Stock kink whip bars have been through 3 people & havent bent yet.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/24/2013 11:42 AM

Best Completes : sunday,fit,WTP

Worst completes : Verde,Stolen

|

6/25/2013 4:33 AM

sk8termatt wrote:

I have the wethepeople justice, its decent
the good=integrated heaset, sealed bb
the bad=unsealed hubs, 25lbs, forks, bars, and frame are all part chromo, part hi-ten steel
all other parts are decent
there really isn't much good about it, but if your a beginner its a good bike since you can always replace parts as you go on

i have the same bike it has lasted me 3 years!

|