best brake cable

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2019 3:40 PM

the title says it all l. I have a really bad habit of snapping brake cables even snapped 2 nokons last month does anyone have any experience with the cables that have the built in hangers. If so do they feel any better or last longer?

|

I believe in hub guard protection

11/11/2019 4:34 PM

Yea odyssey is solid

|

fack off

11/11/2019 5:39 PM

I've had great luck with the Flybikes cable.

|

11/11/2019 7:51 PM

Odyssey or Kink is what I hear are good, I run Odyssey and they’re solid.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/11/2019 10:44 PM

what are you doing to break them?

do they break in the same place? is something rubbing or binding..?

if your brakes are set up correctly, i can't think of any reason why you'd be breaking cables so often.

|

11/12/2019 2:46 AM

Shadow linear is also a great cable, thicker also.

|

11/12/2019 3:38 AM

Odyssey slic k shield. End of thread

|

I like riding my bike.

11/12/2019 4:01 AM

Kink linear with desist cable hanger.

|

11/12/2019 4:25 AM

pnj wrote:

if your brakes are set up correctly, i can't think of any reason why you'd be breaking cables so often.

HULK HANDS!

But I agree, what is causing the break? I have had the same Odyssey Linear for like 3 or 4 years without issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2019 11:26 AM

pnj wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

HULK HANDS!

But I agree, what is causing the break? I have had the same Odyssey Linear for like 3 or 4 years without issues.

it may be hulk hands but they ussualy break at the end that goes into the lever and when I'm trying to fufanu a sub box.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

11/13/2019 12:35 PM

Odyssey Linear Quik‑Slic Kable is my go-to.

|

11/13/2019 3:31 PM

pnj wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

HULK HANDS!

threesomemist wrote:

it may be hulk hands but they ussualy break at the end that goes into the lever and when I'm trying to fufanu a sub box.

Have you checked to make sure there are no burs or anything along the cable slot in the lever? This can happen from use and abuse (read having fun) and can cut into a cable.

|

11/14/2019 12:48 PM

make sure you have proper tension in your arms. run soft pads. so you dont need to squeeze them hard. Im 285 and my brakes stop me on a dime. i run a gyro and do a million fufanus a day and dont snap cables,

odyssey m2 cable and snafu astroglide lowers.

|