best budget wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2017 8:22 PM

So I need a new complete wheel for my Haro which I am going to use as a kick around bike. I am not going to be doing crazy stunts or stupid shit on it, only little drops and stuff around town.
Anyways, I need a cheap complete rear wheel that is in the 50-60 dollar range. I would really like to have something in this price range because it is what is affordable for me. I am planning to put the freewheel on my current wheel on the new one to match the gear ratio. It is 16 tooth.
I would love any suggestions or anything that would put me in the right direction.
Cheers
-WildeB33st

|

8/13/2017 8:59 PM

Craigslist or Letgo is your bestfriend for cheap shit . Otherwise some budget brand like Ceneca , Haro Zebra shit , low end stuff is something you want

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/13/2017 10:54 PM

Maybe you could get a new rim and lace it to your current hub. GOOD 16t wheels are in real scarce number nowadays.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

8/14/2017 12:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 12:14 AM

i got you actually man call up eddie at my lbs http://www.eddiesbikes.com/ and ask if he'd be willing to ship out one of his classic primo hubs. then just take it to a bike shop or lace it up yourself to your rim. he has a bunch of classic freewheel bmx hubs with several tooth driver options in the box. he's only charging about 30 bucks for emv most are 48h but he might also have 36

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/14/2017 12:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 12:13 AM

heres a pic i sourced off museum
[LINK TO IMAGE]
called the primo pro

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/14/2017 12:43 AM

Your best bet is your local bike shop. You'll get a wheel that'll do the job and is within your budget, but it won't be great. Other than it would be some second hand mid school wheel, but mid school guys want silly money for everything

|

8/14/2017 2:12 AM

Your problem is that if you want to buy a new modern wheel, you will also need to replace your sprocket, and chain. Modern wheels come with a 9t cassette, and you have a 16t freewheel. You would need to get a 25t sprocket to replace the 44t you have now. What you should do is check eBay for an old flip flop hub. You can find really nice ones for cheap, because no one uses them anymore. Then buy a new rim. I'd recommend a fly pyramid rim. They are one of the best budget rims out in my opinion. Make sure they are both 36 holes. That will make lacing them easier, when the time comes. I just laced my first wheel, and it's not very hard at all. Plenty of YouTube videos to teach you how. You can also reuse the freewheel you have now to save some money.

|