best pegs for the aviod hardcore street rider

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2015 11:33 AM

Hi, I've got couple of friends of mine are running a company called grindworks! Not a fan of pc, alum, or jus simply lite pegs? Well I got the solution! These pegs are made from 4140 chromoly USA made, made in pa. These pegs weigh in at 11 Oz a peg these pegs are nearly industructable. In other words I guarantee these will last you a life time! If your looking for peg that will last and don't really give a shit about weight. Check this website out www.grindworks.com

|

1/21/2015 12:29 PM

Yo!! I know about you guys, i ride in the pittsburgh area pretty often. The Wheelmill, Pitcher, South Park, and other places. I met that andrew guy that day. I do want some of those pegs eventually when i get the money.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/21/2015 12:41 PM

already knew about grindworks

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/21/2015 12:48 PM

Why should I get those if I can get Animal LinOGs?

|

1/21/2015 1:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 1:01 PM

Pegs are so over priced now a days
4 pegs shouldn't cost 85 dollars

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/21/2015 1:18 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

i agree

|

1/21/2015 1:19 PM

tomdon wrote:

i agree

This is very true.

Imma wait til you guys make some good plastic pegs!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/21/2015 1:27 PM

http://www.grindworksbmx.com/

Fixed that for ya haha.

If my Animal Lino G pegs ever shit the bed somehow, I might pick up some of those.
But considering how long my last set of Animal pegs lasted, I doubt that. I do like how thick they are though and I'm not a weight weenie so they would be pretty great.

|

1/21/2015 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 1:32 PM

I'd rather buy a set of $15 Odyssey pegs honestly. No need to spend anymore unless you want plastic and/or light pegs. They all work the same and cheap pegs tend to last as long if not longer than more expensive pegs. On top of that, I ran 5-6 ounce (Can't remember the exact weight) Shadow pegs for like 3 years and they still had more than 50% of life left. In fact, they're still being used by another rider now. If I can get 5 years out of a set of light pegs, I'd take that over 10 years of use from heavy pegs just because light bikes feel so much nicer.

Yeah, I get the whole US made thing, I run an FBM frame. But I didn't get it because it was made in America, I got it because it was the best choice for me. If it was made in Taiwan, I still would have bought it. If I can get the same thing for cheaper, I'm going to go for the cheapest option.

But this is coming from the guy with a bunch of Ti hardware so don't pay attention to me.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/21/2015 3:00 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

This. Although i would run grind works pegs i would still choose animal first.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/21/2015 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 9:31 PM

tomdon wrote:

i agree

MaximusBikes wrote:

This is very true.

Imma wait til you guys make some good plastic pegs!

Haha, I highly doubt they will make plastic pegs any time soon! I Could be wrong

|

1/21/2015 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 9:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'd rather buy a set of $15 Odyssey pegs honestly. No need to spend anymore unless you want plastic and/or light pegs. They all work the same and cheap pegs tend to last as long if not longer than more expensive pegs. On top of that, I ran 5-6 ounce (Can't remember the exact weight) Shadow pegs for like 3 years and they still had more than 50% of life left. In fact, they're still being used by another rider now. If I can get 5 years out of a set of light pegs, I'd take that over 10 years of use from heavy pegs just because light bikes feel so much nicer.

Yeah, I get the whole US made thing, I run an FBM frame. But I didn't get it because it was made in America, I got it because it was the best choice for me. If it was made in Taiwan, I still would have bought it. If I can get the same thing for cheaper, I'm going to go for the cheapest option.

But this is coming from the guy with a bunch of Ti hardware so don't pay attention to me.

Im not saying anything bad about parts made in taiwain , I mean a lot tawaines parts are legit. Some people are particular on what they buy. Grindworks is a small company. They kinda have to sell there pegs for what seems high priced in order to keep the company running. I do believe that saying you get what you pay for is true most of the time.

|

1/21/2015 8:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 9:25 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Again these pegs are designed for people who dont give a shit about weight!

|

1/21/2015 8:58 PM

Make some ti pegs same thickness as those and l
I'll buy 4

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

1/21/2015 9:18 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

No one's forcing you to buy these

|

1/22/2015 6:46 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

yost4130 wrote:

Not very good marketing tactics... Ya gotta sell em on these. Get em hooked.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/22/2015 6:58 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

yost4130 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

From a selling standpoint, no. From a courtesy standpoint, yes. No one likes a pushy company

|

1/22/2015 7:03 AM

yost4130 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

tomdon wrote:

From a selling standpoint, no. From a courtesy standpoint, yes. No one likes a pushy company

Yes but if i ask why i should buy said company's product instead of other company's product, i expect to be given reasoning, not "oh okay you dont have to buy them." Good reasoning would be warranty, product material, production methods, etc.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/22/2015 7:07 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

tomdon wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yes but if i ask why i should buy said company's product instead of other company's product, i expect to be given reasoning, not "oh okay you dont have to buy them." Good reasoning would be warranty, product material, production methods, etc.

Yeah. I know what you meant

|

1/22/2015 8:38 AM

Selling pegs as singles has made shopping for pegs shitty , I miss the days of buying a good metal chromoly pair of pegs for 20 bucks

|

1/22/2015 8:53 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Selling pegs as singles has made shopping for pegs shitty , I miss the days of buying a good metal chromoly pair of pegs for 20 bucks

This this this this

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

1/22/2015 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2015 11:48 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

yost4130 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Maybe I took the message from B(avaria)mx the wrong way.These pegs are legit. Yes they have a high price tag. However everything's inflated in other words everything's skyrocketed. Although you get what pay for in the long run they are wroth it . I also think it shouldnt matter how much pegs weigh, there pegs, thats my opinion. Grindworks is doing things slightly different than other companies are compared to other pegs they have a thicker wall on the pegs. I'm not saying buy the damn things. I' m saying the choice is yours. This what they have to offer. I do a lot of grinding with these things, I've had these pegs for over a year now of course there going be grind marks on them however I don't seeing any sings of them deforming on the pegs. Jus to be clear i have no ownership in the company. Jus trying help some good friends out!

|

1/23/2015 8:23 AM

saw the instagram video of the guy I always see at the Bethlehem Skateplaza for jams and such break his leg/ankle

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

1/23/2015 1:27 PM

Effting wrote:

saw the instagram video of the guy I always see at the Bethlehem Skateplaza for jams and such break his leg/ankle

i think remember that happening, that's my friend andy

|

11/28/2015 8:25 AM

I own a small American based company so I understand the higher price. The younger generation won't get it until they lose jobs because large companies go overseas to save money. I had to lay a lot of people off and saw a lot of good people lose jobs over the years. I choose to support American based companies as long as the product is good. I even spend a little more to support my LBS. Once these kids grow up and meet the real world they may change their thought process. I'm going to order a pair but they better hold up well for that additional price haha.

|

11/28/2015 8:50 AM

I haven't had pegs in a while but I rememeber buying old school (late 90's) kink pegs for like $20-$30 as a pair...those legs literally lasted FOREVER! Lol

|

11/28/2015 11:10 AM

The grindworks dudes actually ride what they sell and seem super cool so I like to support them

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

11/28/2015 5:21 PM

Andrew from grindworks is a cool dude! I never thought pegs made much of a difference, but the grindworks pegs slide so well compared to my previous peg(maybe because I was riding a cult butter without a sleeve). 1.5" diameter is awesome since it protects my rear dropouts from being pinched. Anyways, I completely support them, so good thread, yost.

|

11/28/2015 9:46 PM

I've always stuck to metal pegs and wax. I don't have money to spend all the time to replace sleeves. And if you're a hardcore grinder with barely/no wax and you grind dry obstacles all the time, you're going to broke in no time replacing sleeves. Not to mention wheels move much more in the dropout with the plastic sleeves. For metal pegs, anything legit over $13-15 is a good peg. The Odyssey MPEG's sold in pairs of 2 for $15 a pair do the trick. They're not as bombproof as pegs from the midschool days, but still damn strong.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/1/2015 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2015 9:31 AM

It's 4 pegs a tshirt wax and stickers.

Let's do a little math for you guys freaking out about the pricing.

85 total
15 for a shirt
70 bucks.
5 for wax (being realistic)
65 bucks.
4 pegs
16.25 per peg. Look at that. Coming in on par with MOST PEGS OUT THERE price wise.

Actually looking at Dan's, they are pretty cost-effective compared to a lot of pegs out there.

Animal Lino Gs are 19.99 PER PEG. That's 39.98 for 2, or for 4, 79.96. 5 bucks cheaper and no shirt no wax and like 4 danscomp stickers.

Yep, the Grindworks pegs are way too expensive.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura