I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/17/2014 11:23 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The best plastic pegs are metal ones.

Well, if we want to nitpick, plastics offer smoother slides on rougher obstacles, giving an advantage. Also they allow you to slide ALUMINUM rails, where steel pegs would stick.

So if not having that advantage is the game, why not run super narrow knobbies, single wall rims, looseball bearings, knurled pegs and hi tensile steel frames that weigh a billion pounds? That takes away advantages those things offer.

Just sayin'.

tongue

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2014 2:36 PM

Unless you are gonna be hitting some aluminum rails plastic pegs are unnecessary

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/17/2014 2:42 PM

Unless you have no idea how to set up a wheel, slamming it is unnecessary.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/17/2014 2:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

V1 or V2? V1s sucked because clear plastic is far too brittle to be used for grinding. I have the v2s and love them to death. ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Pretty sure mine are V1, BUT I don't grind a ton, and what I have been grinding has been park stuff, so it isn't rough. Plus I ...more

tomdon wrote:

Maybe he bought 2 spare sleeves when he got the pegs and killed both plus the 4 that came on the pegs? Just an idea but yes i ...more

I did actually replace 6 sleeves this week because I have 3 of these and I broke all of the sleeves twice this week so I bumped or whatever this old thread to find new pegs because I'm done with these piece of shits

|

11/18/2014 1:38 PM

I have had good luck with Primo plastic pedals, when I got them I was bummed with the lack of anti-roll pins but I haven't had mine move

|

twitter

PROBZ

11/18/2014 3:33 PM

My butcher has been treating me well for a while
I've got a cult butter in the front and it hasn't had any probl4ms either

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/18/2014 6:53 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Pretty sure mine are V1, BUT I don't grind a ton, and what I have been grinding has been park stuff, so it isn't rough. Plus I ...more

tomdon wrote:

Maybe he bought 2 spare sleeves when he got the pegs and killed both plus the 4 that came on the pegs? Just an idea but yes i ...more

street for life wrote:

I did actually replace 6 sleeves this week because I have 3 of these and I broke all of the sleeves twice this week so I ...more

Have any pics to fully prove it?

Was thinking about getting those 4.5 Primo plastics, truly hoping your experience is not common

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

11/18/2014 7:51 PM

i used to thing plastics were nice but not that special, but after today i can't be without them
you cant smith an unwaxed rough concrete ledge with metals without getting laid out a couple of times
i rest my case

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/18/2014 8:49 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i used to thing plastics were nice but not that special, but after today i can't be without them
you cant smith an unwaxed ...more

Sure you can. You just have to be good enough.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/18/2014 9:03 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

That's how you make lots of sparksgrin

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/18/2014 9:33 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

its more the fact that all the good spots locally are sketchy and taking time to wax a ledge is enough time to get busted before you get much time in
i can just ride up, fire off a couple trys and leave, and noone is the wiser

|

11/18/2014 9:48 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

its more the fact that all the good spots locally are sketchy and taking time to wax a ledge is enough time to get busted ...more

Plastics are necessary for stealth missions. Add in a freecoaster and you can get a full session and be gone before security even knows you wre there. Silence=stealth

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/19/2014 4:38 AM

street for life wrote:

the primo binary plegs are shit, it you do any hard landings or throw your bike they will shatter. I've broken 6 sleeves this ...more

Lol. Took you 4 1/2 months to go from loving them to hating them.

I do find the plastic peg trend funny tho. The weight savings is so minimal it's unnoticeable unless you're a weak 12 year old weight weenie, plus they cost more than most regular steel/aluminum pegs. Then you still have to spend more money to buy replacement sleeves relatively often even if they do last and don't break in half prematurely, potentially causing injury if you're going down a handrail or something when they fail. Personally I wouldn't want to drop my bike one day, then come out the next, go to grind and eat shit just because my already brittle peg's structural integrity was weakened even more. Plus knowing I wasted more money in the end would make me feel even more stupid, then on top of that I still have to go buy new ones and it all starts over again. Anyone else ever think about this kinda stuff? Lol. I'm nowhere near smooth when grinding tho, so I guess that makes all the difference. But I do enjoy the sound of metal pegs in parks or street as well as throwing sparks on the rough shit.

|

11/19/2014 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2014 7:15 AM

street for life wrote:

the primo binary plegs are shit, it you do any hard landings or throw your bike they will shatter. I've broken 6 sleeves this ...more

-Havok- wrote:

Lol. Took you 4 1/2 months to go from loving them to hating them.

I do find the plastic peg trend funny tho. The weight ...more

They cost about the same as aftermarket steel pegs
Plus sleeves last a while if you rotate them
I've only had to pay to replace 1 sleeve because my cult butter came with a spare
Noone cares about weight savings, they care about speed and versatility
Plastic sleeves aren't much less brittle than steel lol, none of mine have cracked, but I've cracked a steel peg before

|

11/19/2014 4:58 PM

tomdon wrote:

street for life wrote:

I did actually replace 6 sleeves this week because I have 3 of these and I broke all of the sleeves twice this week so I ...more

The Horror Contact wrote:

Have any pics to fully prove it?

Was thinking about getting those 4.5 Primo plastics, truly hoping your experience is not ...more

No I throw away my old sleeves, but I do have the fresh sleeve on my bike that broke basically in half.

Also what happened was I had 3 worn out sleeves that all broke, but they were worn out so it wasn't bad. Then I got all 3 replaced and broke them all in just a few days.

|

11/19/2014 4:59 PM

Photo

|

11/19/2014 8:14 PM

So these primo pegs cracked on top with the grind service on the bottom?? Was really interested these,...shit! Im sure theres reviews which are good and bad, hopefully more post their experience. These are the Binary PL V2 , right?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

11/20/2014 2:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2014 2:40 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

They cost about the same as aftermarket steel pegs
Plus sleeves last a while if you rotate them
I've only had to pay to ...more

Would they outlast rotated steel pegs tho? And yeah if it comes with a spare, then at least the company's hooking it up. And which steel peg did you crack? Either way I'd still trust steel more as long as it wasn't some paper thin inner peg or something. And while most of us build a bike that's comfortable regardless of weight, there are still people that want all the lightest parts possible by shaving ounces off where it kinda makes a difference. Thankfully I think that trend is basically over. Lol

|

11/20/2014 4:11 PM

So this sleeve was fresh before a 30 min ledge session Photo

|

11/20/2014 5:25 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

My plegs were good on metal edges and rails, concrete eats them.

My Primo Binary PCs are solid, but have not hit concrete ...more

I have those, and cracked two sleeves really bad, still shredding them though.

To OP Primo and Butter pegs are the best option because you get the peg, and two sleeves. So you get a back up right off the bat. I always ride with my spares.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/2/2015 7:20 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Cult Butter pegs have been the best from my experience.

Cult Butter pegs are by far the weakest plastics I've came across. I still run them because they slide amazing and don't grind down too fast, but I seem to crack a new every other week. Whatever material they are made out of is great, but they are much too thin.

|

6/2/2015 11:34 PM

the ones made out of metal

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "