best protective shoes brand for the heel area?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2019 1:23 PM

been getting bad and even sometimes bruised heels, been riding with janoskis(always seem to get holes in them)

any suggestions on shoes with a better durability and protection on the heel

|

1/29/2019 1:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2019 1:30 PM

Save yourself the trouble of experimenting with different shoes & get yourself a nice set of insoles.

I personally ride in Janoskis religiously because they support my feet much better than Van's.

I know a select few pros ride in Jordan's since they have a lot of padding and extremely thick soles. Not sure what model would be good for BMX though, all the Jordan's I've owned didn't have very good soles for gripping pedals.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/29/2019 1:58 PM

Agreed 100% with Tim, insoles are way more important than shoe. I've gone through several pairs of vans and kept the same insole.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/29/2019 2:02 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Save yourself the trouble of experimenting with different shoes & get yourself a nice set of insoles.

I personally ride in Janoskis religiously because they support my feet much better than Van's.

I know a select few pros ride in Jordan's since they have a lot of padding and extremely thick soles. Not sure what model would be good for BMX though, all the Jordan's I've owned didn't have very good soles for gripping pedals.

What sort of insoles do you go for?, a specific brand?

|

1/29/2019 10:20 PM

w201190e wrote:

What sort of insoles do you go for?, a specific brand?

Try fp insoles, I've heard nothing but good things. I just ordered a pair to try myself so I'll see how it goes

|

1/30/2019 7:25 AM

My Etnies (fader/fader2) are great on my heels.

|

1/30/2019 4:11 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Jordan 1's are real good for riding but you're lucky if you can get a pair for less than 120$

|

2/1/2019 6:38 AM

Buy some shadow insoles or just stack some insoles On the shoes u got already.

|