bhop barspin

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2018 6:07 PM

whatsup guys

10 years ago after many many hours of not even being able to attempt throwing my bars on a bhop barspin i gave up riding. figured if i was going to be that big of a pussy to not even try i might as well just give up it was too frustrating not even being able to mentally prepare myself to even try the trick

but a few days ago...saturday actually i started riding again 29 years old trying to relieve some stress and do something i enjoyed doing.

so today i was on a mission to just try to hop and throw the bars even if it meant tossing the bike. put on some knee pads and i was finally at least trying it. after a few tries i was getting the bike off the ground and spinning the bars with the bike still under me

and what do you know after about 20 tries i fucking landed one. about 4inches off the ground sketchy and lucky as shit but i got one fuck yeah

im just happy i grew some balls and can at least try the trick ive always wanted to learn

anyone trying this trick heres what helped me

lean against a wall lift your front end up and practice bus drivers do it alot
next do them while rolling
next if your a pussy like me go to the grass and bunny hop and try a little x up but let go of the bike before you land this helped me with the transfer from bunny hopping to throwing the bars. then try throwing the bars
once confident enough take it to the street

def suggest knee pads i whacked my knees with the bars a few times which would have hurt alot without them

|

3/19/2018 7:21 PM

Cool! That's awesome you landed one! 2 of my buddies have gotten hop bars not too long ago, I think it's also time for me to just try one lol, I'll try some of your tips too... definitely going to try them in grass lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/19/2018 7:36 PM

I can do them switch and I’ve gotten a shit ass magician “regular” one ( actually switch for me because I’m goofy ) once . They’re weird tricks for sure

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/20/2018 12:36 AM

Learnt T-bogs the other day so I might have to think about taking it a step further and learning bars soon haha

|

3/20/2018 4:25 AM

Class man. That's one of many things I can't do, mainly due to being a pussy. But I think I'll definitely invest in some knee pads and get these this year.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/20/2018 4:57 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Class man. That's one of many things I can't do, mainly due to being a pussy. But I think I'll definitely invest in some knee ...more

We'll have to work on them in Leeds laughing

|

3/20/2018 5:00 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Class man. That's one of many things I can't do, mainly due to being a pussy. But I think I'll definitely invest in some knee ...more

RumHam wrote:

We'll have to work on them in Leeds laughing

Yes dude. Could either end with us bossing barspins or with us both landing on our ass numerous times and having swollen knees...... I know where my money is.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/20/2018 5:21 AM

If I plan to throw the bars I run knee pads and shin guards nowadays. I did back in the day and it made me 100% more comfortable with that stuff. It's also how I learned hop crankflips a few weeks back and have them moderately dialed now (when my BB is loose).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/20/2018 6:43 AM

These are the next trick for me to learn. I'm pretty confident with my hops, and I really want to try to start with the Spencer Foresman method. But everything I've heard, you really do have to just send it.

I will not be a pull-up bar guy.
I will not be a pull-up bar guy.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.