big guy

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2013 12:06 AM

ok, im aware im prolly gonna get shitted on but oh well im prepared. anyway here goes. im 6 ft 4 usually around 285lbs... I here the (oh shit), anyway I just went thru a screwed up divorce not to mention getting laid out by a drunk driver 2 years ago, so I went on a depression eating binged, now im 350lbs.....no shit, but heres whats up, im back im happy and my son tears the shit outta the parks when he rides, and hes always asking me to get a bike and go with him... my question is,,, is there anything besides an exersize bike I should be on? I mean im from the 80s, I used to dirt jump and bmx all day, and I wanna get back into shape an think this will help along with a diet. I looked into big bikes I don't want any 20inch I need a big bmx. so far my only choices are the se big ripper which is a 29er and the saint 24 from stolen, I saw a video of a 26 from stolen but they haven't produced it yet, does anyone have suggestions? there was this place called thick bikes which custom made a bad ass frame but I called him and he stopped doing it, it was beefy as hell and looked liked a sunday frame on roids. I need that bmx look but beefed up, a 26incher is what im wanting, my height and weight are turning me off a 24 and I don't really want a 29, any suggestions? please help. I know2 itll take a miracle.

|

12/24/2013 12:23 AM

I'd get a Sunday Model C if I were you. and there are plenty of 6' 4"+ people on 20" bikes btw.

|

12/24/2013 6:23 AM

S&M Holmes 22"

|

12/24/2013 7:01 AM

if you want a big and solid bike, get a NS Bikes, they make quality shit, my friend is riding a second hand 2009 suburban ns bikes frame and its holding up great, and he rides hard. check his website and choose what you like the most: http://www.ns-bikes.com/

|

12/24/2013 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 11:56 AM

Garnished wrote:

S&M Holmes 22"

This. Or the S&M ATF 22. Check out the link in my signature. And if you're looking to do a custom frame, look into Standard Byke Co. Don't fool yourself into thinking you need a 26" just because you are tall and heavy.

|

12/24/2013 8:13 AM

I'd look at a 26" DJ bike, from NS, Black Market, or Transition. Those fuckers are beefy and if you decide you don't want soft forks, there are a few rigid ones for mtb (Black Market Tech 9, Ns RNS, DMR Trailblade, ect..)

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/24/2013 8:14 AM

get a 22", and slap some tall bars on there so you're not hunched over.

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/24/2013 8:16 AM

22 inch bike
feel of a 20 inch, stability and comfort of a 24 inch
get the S&M atf
maybe a bit pricey, but worth it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 9:30 AM

yea a 22 is your best bet.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/24/2013 10:00 AM

if i were you i'd go for a 24''. there is more variety of parts than 22'' bikes. for frames, forks, bars and rims check ns bikes, mutant, dartmoor, beddo and octane one, for all the parts left you can use bmx ones.

|

12/24/2013 11:30 AM

Sunday Model C - They Supposedly Feel/Ride Like A BMX - I have been told by people that I Very much Respect that, that is Crap haha! However they did say they are HELLA FUN!!!

Your next choice is an S&M 22" - The Holmes is built along the lines of a Trails Frame, The ATF is set up for more Street/Park Riding.. Which I think is Your best bet! It's basically a bigger version of the 20" ATF.. S&M offer all you'll need to get the 22" part of the Bike rolling. Then really You can build it up with "Normal" BMX Parts.

If you need help with the Build hit Me up via PM I'll be happy to help you out getting a Build planned out!!!

|

12/24/2013 11:53 AM

Get a 26" DJ. Like a Kona Shonky. You can flow parks and bowls too , with the added benefits of a DJ. They are burly as fuck ! I wouldn't ever break mine. There was a dude who has the same bike as me trying flip whips and bailing so hard and it held up fine for him.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/24/2013 1:02 PM

MacNeil duece duece frame don't get a mtb .....Neil Harrington is tall as fuck and shreds the bmx

|

12/24/2013 1:44 PM

go with a 22" if you want a bigger bike but not a bike that is long and awkward. If not go with the Sunday Wave C or Model C. The Sunday's ride nice if there set up right. The stock Model C bars are to low for me.

|

12/24/2013 1:50 PM

Sunday Model C or Specialized P bikes.

They are more of a DJ setup, but a tad bigger.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2013 7:30 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

if you want a big and solid bike, get a NS Bikes, they make quality shit, my friend is riding a second hand 2009 suburban ns bikes frame and its holding up great, and he rides hard. check his website and choose what you like the most: http://www.ns-bikes.com/

I looked into ns bikes, just didn't know anyone who had 1, ill look into them again thanks, I really wish I knew a custom frame builder, that frame from http//:www.thickbikes.com looks sick but he dosent build em anymore. so do u think that ns bike is beefier than the se pk ripper or a stolen?

|

12/24/2013 8:13 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I'd look at a 26" DJ bike, from NS, Black Market, or Transition. Those fuckers are beefy and if you decide you don't want soft forks, there are a few rigid ones for mtb (Black Market Tech 9, Ns RNS, DMR Trailblade, ect..)

dude I had never seen those bm or transition bikes, I just wrote them askin if those 26ers can hold me up, thanks for the advice.

|

12/24/2013 8:31 PM

Topsey wrote:

Sunday Model C - They Supposedly Feel/Ride Like A BMX - I have been told by people that I Very much Respect that, that is Crap haha! However they did say they are HELLA FUN!!!

Your next choice is an S&M 22" - The Holmes is built along the lines of a Trails Frame, The ATF is set up for more Street/Park Riding.. Which I think is Your best bet! It's basically a bigger version of the 20" ATF.. S&M offer all you'll need to get the 22" part of the Bike rolling. Then really You can build it up with "Normal" BMX Parts.

If you need help with the Build hit Me up via PM I'll be happy to help you out getting a Build planned out!!!

so theres a guy on here from Norway... hes a huge Viking, said he weighs 400lbs, he wrote ona post he had a build that some1 made him an hes down 100lbs from dieting and riding. so I wrote him askin what frame he used, he said we the people 26er, the only thing was the chain kept jumping off when he peddled hard and stood up so Im not as big as him but im thinking . whatever frame I get ill need to know what stronger componants im gonna need so that wont happen to me.

|

12/24/2013 8:45 PM

damn this is getting harder an harder, so many good suggestion, so far its the ns, transition or black market, im not just big but im tall, so im gonna go with a 26, someone even told me a gt cuz there coming out with that oldschool heavy look. so many ways to go im actually getting more confused. I wish I could see each of those frames and pick out the beefiest,

|

12/24/2013 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 9:01 PM

Custom frames:

Stout Bikes. Matt does MTBs and BMX frames. Oh, and he's in TX.

|

12/24/2013 9:07 PM

Fondue wrote:

Custom frames:

Stout Bikes. Matt does MTBs and BMX frames. Oh, and he's in TX.

smile
|

12/24/2013 9:46 PM

eclipse1018 wrote:

damn this is getting harder an harder, so many good suggestion, so far its the ns, transition or black market, im not just big but im tall, so im gonna go with a 26, someone even told me a gt cuz there coming out with that oldschool heavy look. so many ways to go im actually getting more confused. I wish I could see each of those frames and pick out the beefiest,

I'm 6'6 and I still ride a 20"BMX haha. I just run a long toptube and tall bars. Whatever toots your flute though, DJs are rad too.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/25/2013 12:22 AM

get a 21-22" frame, and some 48h wheels, youll be good man... glad to hear your lookin to get back into it and get healthy... good for you

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/25/2013 5:30 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

eclipse1018 wrote:

I looked into ns bikes, just didn't know anyone who had 1, ill look into them again thanks, I really wish I knew a custom frame builder, that frame from http//:www.thickbikes.com looks sick but he dosent build em anymore. so do u think that ns bike is beefier than the se pk ripper or a stolen?

i highly recommend you to get any NS bikes frame, i've never seen a snapped one. but if i were you i'd go with a 24'' instead of a 26'', 26'' seem pretty big for me, but it's your choice!

some ns bikes good completes: http://www.ns-bikes.com/metropolis-1,55,pl.htm http://www.ns-bikes.com/metropolis-2,56,pl.htm http://www.ns-bikes.com/metropolis-3,57,pl.htm

|