cranks: profile GDH
pedals: shadow nostra sealed
sprocket: profile wake
chain: shadow v2 interlock
BB: shadow
brake arms: fly from previous bike
brake lever: odsy small from previous bike
pads: odsy slim by four clears
cable: eastern moray linear(best i have used)
grips: odi longnecks

im thinking all black with purple hubs and stem. or all black with lime green spokes.

i have never had a nice bike, and all i think about is how bad i want a nice bike, so since im starting a job next week, and get paid alottt, as soon as i get the first couple checks this is exactly what i am getting.

i might also expand my sporting to more sports than just bikes, but im not sure as to what sport i am the most interested in.

im also getting a 1992 ford ranger for $350 that just needs a master cylinder and turning it into a nice offroad buggie since i get a daily driver car the day i get my license. im thinking about getting blake el gingero to do the build since he is the best mechanic in the country.

|

email- brplante@hotmail.com
refs: irideafly ... thor_davis

11/5/2010 10:12 PM

PLEASE do yourself a favor and get a better frame. the guttershark, IMO, really aint worth it. i would look for an FBM, cult, or something else haha. you know about frame geo right

|

11/5/2010 10:15 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

PLEASE do yourself a favor and get a better frame. the guttershark, IMO, really aint worth it. i would look for an FBM, cult, or something else haha. you know about frame geo right

yeah im not sure on it, i like the geo on it, everyone thinks im all about the weight of it.
but yeah bud, i know geo, when it comes to a bmx bike i know more than 90% of my local bike shops. not to be cocky, it is sadly true.

|

11/5/2010 10:16 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

i was thinking about a steadfast or a gypsy

|

11/5/2010 10:34 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

brplante wrote:

i was thinking about a steadfast or a gypsy

both great frames also go onto thetakeonlife.com and check out the take babylon and ivy 4. there made by fbm and i am a proud owner of an ivy 4

|

11/5/2010 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2010 10:45 PM

the ivy4 in raw - "trans gold" is a possibiltiy. what do you think about all black parts with a raw frame and lime gree spokes front and back?

|

11/5/2010 10:48 PM

brplante wrote:

the ivy4 in raw - "trans gold" is a possibiltiy. what do you think about all black parts with a raw frame and lime gree spokes front and back?

i like white spokes but that sounds sick. the raw is more of a brown/gold with lots of glitter tho because the clearcoat has a goldness to it but its awesome i love it

|

11/5/2010 10:53 PM

brplante wrote:

Fbm Marauder wrote:

i like white spokes but that sounds sick. the raw is more of a brown/gold with lots of glitter tho because the clearcoat has a goldness to it but its awesome i love it

i'd probably get the gypsy in raw, but i dunno why but i have always had a fixation on lime green spokes haha.

|

11/7/2010 1:48 PM

boredum bumppp

|

11/7/2010 2:02 PM

Any bar over 8.5" is overkill in my opinion.
But other than that, it looks good.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/7/2010 2:20 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

im 6'2 bud, 9" is not overkill by any means, especially when an inch of spacers, a topload stem, and 8.25 rise bars make my back hurt from bending over so far. but thanks for your input broski.

|

11/7/2010 2:25 PM

def get an fbm over the guttershark

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/7/2010 2:26 PM

yeah son if youre tall you need that big shit!

|

11/7/2010 2:28 PM

brentrides wrote:

def get an fbm over the guttershark

i planned to, the only thing i liked about the guttershark was the geo, but the fbm has alot more pros to it. thanks man.

|

11/7/2010 2:35 PM

ryan, the dimetrodactyl wrote:

yeah son if youre tall you need that big shit!

exactly.

what part of newyork are you in? upstate by any chance?

|

11/7/2010 2:36 PM

whats teh price on that.

|

Kicking
Incredibly
Dope
Shit

TAYLOR GANG OR DIE!

11/7/2010 2:37 PM

sounds beast dude

|

steazy

11/7/2010 2:41 PM

sounds like it will be dialed. when you get it post pics

|

11/7/2010 2:44 PM

Go Big wrote:

whats teh price on that.

fucking expensive, i think its on the upside of $1600, but hey, ive never had much of anything good, so im going all out on this.

|

11/7/2010 2:45 PM

thebmxerSS wrote:

sounds beast dude

thanks dude, i cant wait to get it!

|

11/7/2010 2:47 PM

srh 420 wrote:

sounds like it will be dialed. when you get it post pics

thanks dude, and you can count on it. my last bike was a stock frame and a bunch of hefty parts and it was only 26 pounds according to the scale at my LBS, so i bet it will be nothing, probably around 22 or so...

|

11/7/2010 2:47 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

brplante wrote:

im 6'2 bud, 9" is not overkill by any means, especially when an inch of spacers, a topload stem, and 8.25 rise bars make my back hurt from bending over so far. but thanks for your input broski.

I'm 5' 11" and i ride 8.25" bars with a flipped Fit DLD (style) stem. They are like 8.65" now. They are a little too big for my likings.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/7/2010 2:50 PM

Sick dude.
I want to work but I'm thirteen.

|

Kicking
Incredibly
Dope
Shit

TAYLOR GANG OR DIE!

11/7/2010 2:51 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

brplante wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I'm 5' 11" and i ride 8.25" bars with a flipped Fit DLD (style) stem. They are like 8.65" now. They are a little too big for my likings.

yeah, but im long legged as fuck, and you probably only come up to my nose, thats quite the size difference, and i have always loved massive bars anyway. i get more control with a bigger width and i find it much easier to lift the front end with higher bars, weither it be on the ground or in the air.

|

11/7/2010 2:56 PM

Go Big wrote:

Sick dude.

i'm 17 and the only work i have done is landscaping. the job i am getting is working for a logging service, ill be cutting down trees, limbing them, and putting the limbs in a chipper for $8-$12 bucks an hour depending on how fast i work, and ill be working daylight to dark monday-saturday, only on saturday is if a emergency job comes up, like if a tree falls on a house or in a road.

|

11/7/2010 2:56 PM

anyone interested in hearing my plans for the truck?

|

11/7/2010 3:00 PM

Go Big wrote:

Sick dude.

You're 13 ?!

|

My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/7/2010 3:01 PM

brplante wrote:

anyone interested in hearing my plans for the truck?

Prerun it?

|

My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/7/2010 3:04 PM

i kno exactly wat you mean ... in spring of 2011 im going all out and getting a custom build that will be dialed its easily gonna be 900 bucks but i just cant wait til i have a bike im proud of

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

11/7/2010 3:08 PM

if your getting it from danscomp wait till the next 20% coupon and you'll save mad bank

|