bike design project for my school

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2012 11:00 PM

Well right now I'm in college at CCS (college for creative studies) for product design, and our final project for this semester relates to bikes. or bike accessories. not just bmx but any person that uses a bike.

paper boy
pizza delivery
messenger
bike cops
bike taxi (in some countries)
ect

what i need from you is to shoot me basically ANY idea you have for an accessory that would improve any one of these peoples riding experience, (not just these few types of riders, think of anyone that uses a bike) lance armstrong, tandem bikes, vendor bikes.

so any realistic (to a point) accessory, saddle bag, tool pouch, baskets, blah blah. ( BUT IT HAS TO BE DIFFERENT!)

let your imagination run wild and thanks for the help boys.

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

11/2/2012 11:32 PM

pro biker...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/2/2012 11:37 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

pro biker...

as a category? ya definitely

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

11/2/2012 11:50 PM

gps.. or a mounted ipad(or watever other tablet)
small cameras mounted acting as a rear view wich you can see through the tablet
turning signals, head lights/tail lights
maybe like a device that alerts the rider(with sound)of incoming traffic that he may not see coming.. some shit like that
a panic button that gives your exact location in a sudden emergency

Kinda stupid but.. a built in or mounted mini air pump on the fork and chainstays. They're super micro pumps that come with the frame. Or even a completely internal pump. An elaborate system of hoses that run through the frame to the front and rear end, a short hose sticks out just long enough to get to your tires. The bar end can be where a hidden handle comes out to pump air with. Hah.. I know its some wacky shit, but I think its a sweet idea.

i'm out of ideas bro.. hope this helps spark some creativity for you.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/3/2012 12:03 AM

BMXism wrote:

gps.. or a mounted ipad(or watever other tablet)
small cameras mounted acting as a rear view wich you can see through the tablet
turning signals, head lights/tail lights
maybe like a device that alerts the rider(with sound)of incoming traffic that he may not see coming.. some shit like that
a panic button that gives your exact location in a sudden emergency

Kinda stupid but.. a built in or mounted mini air pump on the fork and chainstays. They're super micro pumps that come with the frame. Or even a completely internal pump. An elaborate system of hoses that run through the frame to the front and rear end, a short hose sticks out just long enough to get to your tires. The bar end can be where a hidden handle comes out to pump air with. Hah.. I know its some wacky shit, but I think its a sweet idea.

i'm out of ideas bro.. hope this helps spark some creativity for you.

Thanks man those do help. I really like the rear view and tablet idea or the turn signals. Im seeing the small rear view with tablet/screen mounted on the bar for roadbikers. Most ride in the street day to day so they need to be aware, amd for competition they can see how close of far the competition is without turning thier head around

|

11/4/2012 1:11 AM

up

|

11/4/2012 1:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2012 2:04 AM

Here you go I give you permission to use my idea, you can reword it how you want but let me shoot you my idea.

fuck gramar its the internet so get ready for a long as run on sentence, its your job to make it grammatically correct for your grade.

what bikers need is stylish cloths that other more than just clothes, my idea is that if we can design a pair of biking jeans that the denim is tough that it wont rip then we eliminate the need for pads, how this can be done is by somehow finding a material that is thing enough to not make the pants uncomfortable to wear but still offer protection where needed, how we can do this is with rubber compositions, there are forms of rubber out there that you can put your hand under and smash with a hammer and not feel a thing, as bmxs we are constantly taking abuse from pretty much getting slammed by a hammer on the ground though, think about it if a piece of rubber can protect my hand that is not even a centimeter thick, why can it protect my whole body, so what we are trying to do is eliminate the need for bulky pads that restrict movement and cause discomfort, if we can some how come up with a pant design that has this special rubber made into the fabric, when we fall and roll this rubber is going to protect our body, but in order for it to be successful its need to fit in with the current fashion meaning that not only is it fucking effiecnt to wear while riding but its still stylish enough to wear out in public with out having to change, it can work but itll cost money and a good design but it is possible the items out there to accomplish it are out there you just need to gather them and assembly it in the right order to make this clothing line work, think about it we already wear big bulky hoodies when we ride, why not reinforce this hoodie with a special rubber that absorbs shock like a mofo, so that when we wear the hoodie it keeps us insulated and protect us from shock. the only downside is the weight of the hood, that is why you need to find a way to design the hoodie to not be heavy to do all the rubber, how you can achieve this is by cutting the rubber into small centimeter squares, analyze how people fall and what part of the body hits the ground frist and during the person spreading out the impact, most of the time people roll out, rolling out requires you to roll across your shoulder blade, so it would be smart to reinforce that part of the hoodie with the rubber because thats the part of teh body that takes the most abuse so it would only make sense, you need to anlyze each trick and what happens when it goes wrong, like a whip chances are you are going to fuck up some ribs, so just reinforce the rib area with the rubber, this idea is too complicated to make a one size fit alls, i mean you can do it, but its more effiecint to have a tailor measure you and instead of mass producing a bunch of hoodies and pants and other articles of clothing you can get a piece of clothing that not only fits perfectly to your body but we can see where you ribs are and shoulder and that bull shit, if we know what parts of the body take the most abuse then we can design a piece of clothing that will protect us, we dont need big bulky pads because they are the short cut to my idea, those chest plates can be replace with a hoodie that the material is strong to not rip when getting cheese grated by the ground but still look stlyish to wear out in public, itll be expensive but yu pay for quality, if its built to last, then it is a dope ass investment, you cant put a price on your health, if the hoodie or whatever will last for ever you only need one pair of pants an one hoodie, and on the days you know you are going to push the limits you can wear it and have the confidence that if you do fuck up you will be protected, its stead of trying trick into a foam pit why not find a why to attach the foam pit to yourself, and on the days you dont wanna wear your protective gear that looks like any normal piece of clothes you can wear your normal shit and just not hit the ground but for a learning process thats the closest idea i have that can actually change anything and be succesfull some just has to do it, market it the right way and itll sell its self, trust me dude its a beautiful idea but i dont feel im the right person for the job to do it, i mean im sure i could learn how to do it cause i pretty much wrote your whole paper for you but im sure there is someone smarter out there that can do a better job, i just want credit and a piece of the cash. i will call it "safe clothes" oh man i just got this safe clothes hoodie man this shit is on point baby

the end.

|

11/4/2012 2:02 AM

and if someone does make this idea i can sue them for intellectual property theft, obviously its my idea since now published on the internet, i can take it to court and make them pay me a small percent, i dont want much i just want a piece of the pie since it is my idea, i get my tax on it, or be prepared to be sued like what happened with facebook hahahah

|

11/4/2012 2:09 AM

SEANimal757 wrote:

and if someone does make this idea i can sue them for intellectual property theft, obviously its my idea since now published on the internet, i can take it to court and make them pay me a small percent, i dont want much i just want a piece of the pie since it is my idea, i get my tax on it, or be prepared to be sued like what happened with facebook hahahah

Holy words batman lol.

Its not a paper im writing, its just brainstorming ideas, drawing, prototyping ect.

I like the jeans idea. I know of a material your talking about, i forget about it but its some impact foam they use in motorcycle jackets, soft and flexible but dense when it recieves shocl. Good idea.

A hoodie i dont think as being as possible, becuase since it is a big baggy hoodie, its going to shift around misplceing pads when you fall.

Both will deffinatley go into my brainstorming pile, i bassically need as many ideas as possible for class tuesday.

And ill make sire i throw u a bone whem i become a multi millionare of your design lolcool wink

|

11/4/2012 5:58 AM

SEANimal757 wrote:

they make kevlar jeans already

|

parkrat.

11/4/2012 6:55 AM

SEANimal757 wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

Holy words batman lol.

Its not a paper im writing, its just brainstorming ideas, drawing, prototyping ect.

I like the jeans idea. I know of a material your talking about, i forget about it but its some impact foam they use in motorcycle jackets, soft and flexible but dense when it recieves shocl. Good idea.

A hoodie i dont think as being as possible, becuase since it is a big baggy hoodie, its going to shift around misplceing pads when you fall.

Both will deffinatley go into my brainstorming pile, i bassically need as many ideas as possible for class tuesday.

And ill make sire i throw u a bone whem i become a multi millionare of your design lolcool wink

hence why they need to be tailor made to custom fit each rider, it was in that run on sentence haha

|

11/4/2012 6:55 AM

SEANimal757 wrote:

Rstar wrote:

well then im going to find them and wear them when i ride, i didnt know that

|

11/4/2012 7:20 AM

SEANimal757 wrote:

they're meant for motorcyclingbut they are over $100, the ones below have pockets so you can add pads

http://www.amazon.com/ROCKET-KEVLAR-DENIM-BLACK-34-SHORT/dp/B003UWSI7C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1352042173&sr=8-9&keywords=kevlar+jeans

|

parkrat.

11/4/2012 9:37 PM

Rstar wrote:

SEANimal757 wrote:

Rstar wrote:

they're meant for motorcyclingbut they are over $100, the ones below have pockets so you can add pads

http://www.amazon.com/ROCKET-KEVLAR-DENIM-BLACK-34-SHORT/dp/B003UWSI7C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1352042173&sr=8-9&keywords=kevlar+jeans

yea ive seen this before, and urban creation has skinny kevar jeans for vmx

|

11/5/2012 7:50 AM

anything else?

|

11/5/2012 10:21 PM

comooon

|