bike for beginner

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2016 6:53 AM

so two years back i had bought me a haro bmx bike and i loved it but it got stolen almost right away. here is a link of what I bought.

https://www.harobikes.com/bmx/bikes/2013-haro-bmx/100-3-2013

anyways now I can afford to get another one. I am wondering what I should get. I want to get a good quality bike but at the same time keeping it cheap. I dont know much about them but would like to stay around 300 dollars if possible. cheaper is better but i still want something at least as good as that haro. I loved how light the haro was. please let me know what you think.

I am about 5'8 to 5'9 but I am 15 so I will still grow. I weigh about 160lbs and I dont know how much that will effect anything.

I just want to ride around my neighborhood and learn some simple tricks like some bunny hops and manuals.

|

6/30/2016 6:58 AM

Apparently the mongoose mode 900 is about the best you can get as a cheap bike your side of the water. That would leave you some cash to buy a couple of extra bits too, and is better (at least on paper) than a $300 bike

|

6/30/2016 7:04 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Apparently the mongoose mode 900 is about the best you can get as a cheap bike your side of the water. That would leave you ...more

that haro that I linked is the 100.3 I might of had the 100.1 I am not sure they look the same to me. anyways my favorite part about that bike was that it was so light. I would pick it up literally with one finger. But now i am reading reviews on it and they all say that it is very heavy. I did not have anything to compare it to so I wouldn't know. I can go up in price if necessary i could also look at used if necessary.

|

6/30/2016 7:19 AM

Check out some online stores. You want full chromoly frame, fork, bars and cranks, sealed bearings throughout, and double wall rims. The mongoose offers all of that, but for a bit more than $300 you should be able to find something else with all that too. Quality and geometry are more important than weight, as geometry can make a bike feel a lot lighter when you're riding

|

6/30/2016 7:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2016 7:28 AM

|

6/30/2016 9:31 AM

so I really like this one

http://www.sundaybikes.com/bikes/2017-completes/primer/2017-primer-cool-grey/

and it is at the very top of my budget but what do yall think

|

6/30/2016 11:46 AM

I'd get the Sunday for sure

|

It’s all bmx

6/30/2016 11:48 AM

On my way to get a used haro for $60 I know it is not the best but if I like it I will upgrade later

|

6/30/2016 12:27 PM

Just bought it for 60 dollars it is a haro downtown blx

|

6/30/2016 12:28 PM

Here it isPhoto

|

6/30/2016 2:02 PM

That'll do you for now. But I'd keep saving incase you decide to take it a bit more seriously. There's no real point in upgrading anything on that as it's all going to need to be upgraded. So save up and if you enjoy riding you can get a better bike

|

6/30/2016 4:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That'll do you for now. But I'd keep saving incase you decide to take it a bit more seriously. There's no real point in ...more

me and my brother had a blast taking it off a ramp that I have. pretty much all I can do right now is bunny hop a few inches off the ground.

|