bike sounds un-dialed

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2011 4:18 PM

my bike still sounds like shit, even after i got new wheels, tightened the cranks and everything. whats making it sounds bad?

|

10/16/2011 4:20 PM

rip it apart and grease everything that is metal on metal contact.

or..... give a short video of your bike making the noise...maybe it can be figured out.

|

10/16/2011 4:23 PM

The chain is one of the noisiest things.Make sure the chainline is straight and it's lubed up.Also,dont run your chain too tight.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

10/16/2011 4:28 PM

find out where the noise is coming from?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

10/16/2011 4:33 PM

chain, pedals, valve caps,,,,small thing like those....headset.......

|

10/16/2011 4:36 PM

CHANCExBMX wrote:

chain, pedals, valve caps,,,,small thing like those....headset.......

lol

holy shit man... i just noticed that the front rim in your avatar is taco'd .

|

10/16/2011 11:36 PM

well it sounds like a metal clinking sounds, thats not the hubs, and i know what the chain sounds like. if its my pedals, how do i make them shut up?

|

10/16/2011 11:48 PM

Street/Flatland wrote:

well it sounds like a metal clinking sounds, thats not the hubs, and i know what the chain sounds like. if its my pedals, how do i make them shut up?

U tighten them.

|

10/17/2011 2:42 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

U tighten them.

Unless the bearing's are rooted like mine. Pedals make ALOT of noise for something so small.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

10/17/2011 8:46 AM

Street/Flatland wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

U tighten them.

flow wrote:

Unless the bearing's are rooted like mine. Pedals make ALOT of noise for something so small.

mine dont make a single noise.

just get some tri flow and lube everything. also, look at a new chain. its a cheap part and will more than likely help with most of the noise. i love having a brand new chain.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

10/19/2011 3:58 PM

well i cant tighen my pedals anymore, cause there on there tight but you can move the pedal body up and down and feel it hit the sipindle. damn odyssey trailmix unsealed bullshit

|

10/19/2011 4:24 PM

It's going to be your pedals I bet, only thing on my bike that makes noise.

|

10/19/2011 6:04 PM

Grease your headset, bottom bracket bearings, cranks. Make sure your chain is tight, but not too tight. Tighten up everything as much as you can. If you can't figure it out, take it to your bike shop and have them do like a tune up, they just make sure your bike is solid and everythings how it should be

|

I rode to town on an ass...yo mama's ass