blew up my wheel

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2009 5:17 PM

i blew up my front wheel. should i keep riding it, or w8 till i get a new wheel? im thinkin of buyin the fly wheel

|

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000120996960

""""\___/""""

does this make my signature look fat?

10/4/2009 5:17 PM

wat happened nad wat kind of wheel?

|

10/4/2009 5:19 PM

i got a flat and i changes the tube then i put everything back on and it was loose but the nuts wer tight as shit. and it was a stock wheel from the kink whip 2010

|

""""\___/""""

10/4/2009 5:23 PM

hmm my friend had a kink and the front wheel was always loose

|

10/4/2009 5:28 PM

aznsbmx? wrote:

hmm my friend had a kink and the front wheel was always loose

o well it just felt loose today

|

""""\___/""""

10/4/2009 5:34 PM

if you can get a fly front wheel, do it, its better than a stock one

|

Ed's Bike Shop Flow Team.
Go Webbie!

10/4/2009 5:39 PM

ight thnx i was plannin on tht anyways

|

""""\___/""""

10/4/2009 5:40 PM

get the fly complete wheel for 110 off danscmp

|

10/5/2009 8:28 AM

apparently a kid who comes into the shop i work at broke his kink launch frame at the headtube. This will sound like the eastern stuff, but I guess it was a 180 off a curb? Just what I heard, I will probably get some visuals today at work.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/5/2009 8:31 AM

if you blew up your front wheel how are you going to keep riding it??

sounds like you just need to tune it up and keep riding it. unless you got money, then just buy a new one.

|

10/5/2009 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:14 PM

alohabmx wrote:

sounds like you just need to tune it up and keep riding it. unless you got money, then just buy a new one.

Thats what all the newbies to bmx do, "I bent my wheel a tiny bit, time for a new one, MOM!!!! I NEED A WHEEL!!!!"

"My brakes don't work well, I am going to take them off rather than spend 5 minutes making them work." I especially love this one, because they claim the can stop and have bike control, but they slam into anything and everything because they can't stop, and can't control their bike at all. They just see the top level pros without brakes and think they will become pro without brakes too.

My other favorite "Helmets and pads are gay."

I say to em, 'Well, when you are riding with a friend and they hit their head, get a concussion, have a seizure, and have to be hauled away in an ambulance and YOU are the only person there, your attitude will change drastically." (happened to my roommate when we were out riding)

"I don't need one, I never crash." (their lack of brakes/control and obvious cuts and bruises all over their knees and elbows begs to differ)

This is my BIGGEST pet peeve with BMX. Every little kid who as been riding for 5 seconds thinks he is God on a bike, and that he knows everything there is to know about BMX, then you prove them wrong and they whine about it, or try to act like you are wrong.

I had a kid tell me he had "an aluminum odyssey BIKE that weighed 11 lbs complete. Then he tried to tell me he "crumpled the tubing" and he "welded some steel to it." I looked him square in the eye and said "Odyssey doesn't make frames under their name." and "You can't weld steel to aluminum, they have different melting points, the aluminum would liquify before the steel got hot enough to weld." "I figured it out and did it" was his response. I told him to patent the process because he would be unbelievably rich in like a week. I also said i wanted to see the Odyssey bike, and he should bring it in. (He still claimed they made them and sold them for years, I saw ONE prototype flatland frame ever, and yes I know about sunday being in cahoots with Odyssey) Kid never came in.

He also tried to tell me that Dyno is still around and makes the best bikes ever. HA.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/5/2009 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2009 12:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

apparently a kid who comes into the shop i work at broke his kink launch frame at the headtube. This will sound like the eastern stuff, but I guess it was a 180 off a curb? Just what I heard, I will probably get some visuals today at work.

Low end (cheap) Steel frames. Those are the only bike I ever see broken. (Excluding bike pros use or bikes that take massive drops.)

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

10/5/2009 12:47 PM

Whats wrong with riding no brakes? I ride no brakes. I hated on brakeless for the longest time and said I'd never go brakeless. One day I finally took em off and I love it. You may not think so but it DOES help with bike control.

|

"swwyobmx"
so im balls deep in this bitch and she screams hurt me hurt me! so i pulled out and punched her in the fuckin mouth.

10/5/2009 12:48 PM

squiddy. wrote:

Whats wrong with riding no brakes? I ride no brakes. I hated on brakeless for the longest time and said I'd never go brakeless. One day I finally took em off and I love it. You may not think so but it DOES help with bike control.

He's mostly talking about kiddies who think they're god with bikes

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

10/5/2009 12:48 PM

alohabmx wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Thats what all the newbies to bmx do, "I bent my wheel a tiny bit, time for a new one, MOM!!!! I NEED A WHEEL!!!!"

"My brakes don't work well, I am going to take them off rather than spend 5 minutes making them work." I especially love this one, because they claim the can stop and have bike control, but they slam into anything and everything because they can't stop, and can't control their bike at all. They just see the top level pros without brakes and think they will become pro without brakes too.

My other favorite "Helmets and pads are gay."

I say to em, 'Well, when you are riding with a friend and they hit their head, get a concussion, have a seizure, and have to be hauled away in an ambulance and YOU are the only person there, your attitude will change drastically." (happened to my roommate when we were out riding)

"I don't need one, I never crash." (their lack of brakes/control and obvious cuts and bruises all over their knees and elbows begs to differ)

This is my BIGGEST pet peeve with BMX. Every little kid who as been riding for 5 seconds thinks he is God on a bike, and that he knows everything there is to know about BMX, then you prove them wrong and they whine about it, or try to act like you are wrong.

I had a kid tell me he had "an aluminum odyssey BIKE that weighed 11 lbs complete. Then he tried to tell me he "crumpled the tubing" and he "welded some steel to it." I looked him square in the eye and said "Odyssey doesn't make frames under their name." and "You can't weld steel to aluminum, they have different melting points, the aluminum would liquify before the steel got hot enough to weld." "I figured it out and did it" was his response. I told him to patent the process because he would be unbelievably rich in like a week. I also said i wanted to see the Odyssey bike, and he should bring it in. (He still claimed they made them and sold them for years, I saw ONE prototype flatland frame ever, and yes I know about sunday being in cahoots with Odyssey) Kid never came in.

He also tried to tell me that Dyno is still around and makes the best bikes ever. HA.

i think i actully saw a odyssey frame t was old skool or mtb icr lol

|

Biggest troll.

10/5/2009 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:14 PM

|

Biggest troll.

10/5/2009 12:51 PM

fuck when i read this i went outside to ride and i did a 360 and i hit the ground nose before back and my tire blew

possesed topic lol

|

10/5/2009 3:39 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Low end (cheap) Steel frames. Those are the only bike I ever see broken. (Excluding bike pros use or bikes that take massive drops.)

it did break, i saw it haha, downtube ripped off.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/5/2009 3:53 PM

squiddy. wrote:

Since you are fairly new to the forum here I will let it slide, but you are trying to talk to me like I know nothing, (just like I stated in my rant). I am not badmouthing brakeless, hell, I went brakeless for like 3 years, so don't gimme that shit. I do agree you CAN learn bike control brakeless, but those who have none to begin with are the stupid little kids I am talking about. If you have some control to begin with (have the ability to stop without hitting immobile objects aka walls, rails, trees, ramps) I couldn't care much less if you have em or not. The kids who take em off and use other people, walls, trees, ditching their bike into said objects are the problem I have with it(mostly when they hit me or my stuff, trees and solid objects are funny to see a lil stupid kid plow into). You can learn just as much bike control with brakes as you can without. The main difference from a strictly functional standpoint, is how you stop. I will state that being brakeless CAN make you somewhat more aware of your surroundings, but, not in a majority of the situations I have been in where the kid doesn't have brakes.

Main point for those who won't read it all:
-I referred to stupid little kids, not every brakeless rider
-I too have been brakeless
-Learn some damn bike control BEFORE you take them off
-Don't make up stupid ass excuses (They didn't work, they broke) for not fixing them/making em work
-Stop trying to say no brakes is the only "respectable" way to ride ("Brakeless FTW" or "Fuck brakes" etc). I don't care what your thoughts are. Show some respect to fellow riders, not just those that share your exact opinion.

That's all for now.
Go ride your damn bike.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/5/2009 4:06 PM

squiddy. wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Since you are fairly new to the forum here I will let it slide, but you are trying to talk to me like I know nothing, (just like I stated in my rant). I am not badmouthing brakeless, hell, I went brakeless for like 3 years, so don't gimme that shit. I do agree you CAN learn bike control brakeless, but those who have none to begin with are the stupid little kids I am talking about. If you have some control to begin with (have the ability to stop without hitting immobile objects aka walls, rails, trees, ramps) I couldn't care much less if you have em or not. The kids who take em off and use other people, walls, trees, ditching their bike into said objects are the problem I have with it(mostly when they hit me or my stuff, trees and solid objects are funny to see a lil stupid kid plow into). You can learn just as much bike control with brakes as you can without. The main difference from a strictly functional standpoint, is how you stop. I will state that being brakeless CAN make you somewhat more aware of your surroundings, but, not in a majority of the situations I have been in where the kid doesn't have brakes.

Main point for those who won't read it all:
-I referred to stupid little kids, not every brakeless rider
-I too have been brakeless
-Learn some damn bike control BEFORE you take them off
-Don't make up stupid ass excuses (They didn't work, they broke) for not fixing them/making em work
-Stop trying to say no brakes is the only "respectable" way to ride ("Brakeless FTW" or "Fuck brakes" etc). I don't care what your thoughts are. Show some respect to fellow riders, not just those that share your exact opinion.

That's all for now.
Go ride your damn bike.

Way to regulate.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

10/6/2009 5:34 PM

glub wrote: odyssey mtb

That is a BUTLER brand, the Odyssey is the MODEL not the brand. Odyssey was going to do a flatland frame (I think they did one or two) for Chase Gouin (sp) one of their flatland riders.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura