bmx anti theft

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2013 7:29 PM

Do you guys take your bikes to school? i would like to start taking mine but i'm afraid of being robbed. What's the best security thing to use? i tought only on a chain with a locker.

|

9/9/2013 7:32 PM

Chain intertwined with rope then plastic sleeve over the top is the anti theft way.

make sure the chain goes through as much of the bike as you can. people get crafty and steel the bars, frame, wheels, and what ever they can get

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/9/2013 7:35 PM

where do i get the plastic sleeve? what about the locker ?

|

9/9/2013 7:43 PM

the lock you can just use a standard heavy duty key lock and the plastic sleeve you can use a old hose cut it open slide it over then get a heat gun and reseal it but i just used that so the chain links didn't clinker all over the place and turns out to be better

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/9/2013 7:45 PM

Get a junker off craigslist.

Seriously. Don't leave your BMX locked outside. As stated above, people take whatever they can get.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2013 7:50 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get a junker off craigslist.

Seriously. Don't leave your BMX locked outside. As stated above, people take whatever they can get.

I would do this find a $10 mongoose and bam

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/9/2013 8:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2013 8:54 PM

I use 3 heavy duty ULocks and a steel cable that has a plastic cover over it to go aroubd everythibg and connect all the parts and locks, its like 20 pounds of extra weight i carry around but its worth it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/9/2013 8:59 PM

Honestly, a beefy set of bolt cutters will slice through most chains/padlocks in seconds. Interlocking chains won't help...much. Still, I always carry a backpack with me for water, tools, and a Kryptonite lock that I use only if I'm running into somewhere for water or to drop a deuce, etc. Anyway, I still get real tense when I have to lock my bike outside somewhere for ANY timeframe. I've seen too many "professional thieves" steal bikes and/or parts in the blink of an eye. To me, locking a bike up all day while you're in school seems too risky, but that's just my take. Maybe multiple U-locks would help, but you'd still need to remove your seat/post. No thanks to all that noise IMO!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/9/2013 9:14 PM

I take mine to school I just have a thick cable lock that I use, I know it can be cut but the school is gated and I highly doubt any ones just gonna walk around with bolt cutters to all there classes lol. If I had more money to blow I would buy a U- lock and then buy a cable and wrap that around your wheels and bars.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/9/2013 10:30 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I take mine to school I just have a thick cable lock that I use, I know it can be cut but the school is gated and I highly doubt any ones just gonna walk around with bolt cutters to all there classes lol. If I had more money to blow I would buy a U- lock and then buy a cable and wrap that around your wheels and bars.

There was this group of black kids at my old high school who actually did walk around with bolt cutters in their backpacks, they where pieces of shit i wanted to beat the shit out of them every time i saw them.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/10/2013 4:47 AM

Ask if you can just store it in the classroom or inside somewhere. If they don't let buy 5 chains and locks or something (even I wouldn't risk that though). Chains are just to keep honest people honest. EVERY chain can be broken through.

|

9/10/2013 5:28 AM

http://www.probikeshop.pt/kryptonite-cabo-antirroubo-kryptoflex-4ft-looped-cable/68729.html

Do you guys think that 120cm will do the job? or i'll need another one? i'll pass the chain through all my components. I mean , who has strength to brake this ?? it's like 20 brake cables.

|

9/10/2013 5:39 AM

I use a dog choker Photo
and a pad lock

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/10/2013 7:22 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

There was this group of black kids at my old high school who actually did walk around with bolt cutters in their backpacks, they where pieces of shit i wanted to beat the shit out of them every time i saw them.

Wow dude that's pretty fucked up that no one ever took them away from them.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/10/2013 10:26 AM

ride a $10 bike to school, fuck actually riding a bmx for more than a mile lol. so glad I drove in HS lol

|

fack off

9/10/2013 10:57 AM

I never rode my good bike to school. The possibility of losing it wasn't worth it.

There's a guy at my work that usually rides a fixie, but at break I noticed he rode a Mongoose mode 270. Which happens to be the most expensive bike I would ride to work. People don't respect BMX bikes. They assume that the ones at Walmart are as expensive as they get, do they will;
1) Watch someone with bolt cutters "inconvenience" someone by stealing their bike.
2) Do ignorant/rude/destructive things to them, because, again, they have not one clue of what they are worth or how much they can mean to someone.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/10/2013 11:23 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Wow dude that's pretty fucked up that no one ever took them away from them.

yeah I know but I guess they never got caught or something and plus the security guards at my school where also ghetto pieces of shit that didn't care what they did as long as they didn't have to do anything

|

Murica bike check

9/10/2013 11:31 AM

I'll leave the bmx in that spot , a train station because the school as not a place to bikes. I might say it looks more safe. There are lots of people there all the day , and cops very often. ill hide it behind the other bikes to dont get noticed ahah. my question is , do i get a normal chain interwined with rope or the kryptonite cable.Photo

|

9/10/2013 3:33 PM

Get a cable a chain will be alot weaker, I'd really recommend a good U lock though

|

Murica bike check