bmx inner tube question

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2013 7:31 PM

Is it possible to run a 26" tube in myy 20" wheel? Its probably a ba idea but I've seen a few people do this and the only other tubes i have are already patched to shit. if anyones done this before, how did you fit the tire in? Because i really want to ride tomorrow. and none of the stores carry tubes in my town.

|

5/22/2013 7:36 PM

I guess but it might pinch inside the tire & pop while inflating.
I would ride a patched tube though.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/22/2013 7:42 PM

I highly doubt this is even remotely possible, and Walmart/target sell inner tubes, you can try the 26 on your 20 inch wheel, but I really don't think it will work, otherwise why would companies even bother making a 20 inch tube

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/22/2013 7:44 PM

Purple bike wrote:

I highly doubt this is even remotely possible, and Walmart/target sell inner tubes, you can try the 26 on your 20 inch wheel, ...more

24" tubes fit 26" rims.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/22/2013 7:47 PM

Purple bike wrote:

I highly doubt this is even remotely possible, and Walmart/target sell inner tubes, you can try the 26 on your 20 inch wheel, ...more

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

24" tubes fit 26" rims.

Yeah going from smaller to bigger works, but bigger to smaller is quite doubtful

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/22/2013 8:19 PM

yes itll work just dont do anything hard and get tubes as soon as possible. fold the tube and put it so it fits. like pinch one part and itll pump up and if you got 110 psi tires dont even think about running them hard!! just do like 65 psi-80 if you wanna risk it. i used to all the time when i was on my crappy 65 psi tires.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/22/2013 8:26 PM

Well i tried it, and it worked! i just folded the tube a lot and filled it with a hand pump. It held up to some 3s and bars and footjam whips. So i hope it'll be good til this weekend when i can get new tubes. Normally id just run patched tubes but that tube just has too many holes in it. But thanks for the help

|

5/22/2013 9:10 PM

i've had tubes w/ well over 15 patches in them. if it holds air, I see no problem.

|

5/22/2013 10:37 PM

Interesting, I know of 2 people that have used 24" Tubes on 20" Wheels and it worked fine but I don't know anyone that's tried 26".

|