bmx media vs skate media

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2013 12:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2013 12:08 AM

the skate culture is so much richer than bmx culture. just look at http://www.youtube.com/user/RIDEChannel/videos
so much media coverage for skate. i wish bmx could get the same. what do you guys think about bmx media coverage?

bonus question: i remember this one video of some douchey skaters calling the cops/security on some bmxers for grinding a ledge. what vid??

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/31/2013 12:59 AM

Go watch the Diggest Joe Rich Perspective.

If you want BMX to be more like Skating, why not just skate?

|

12/31/2013 1:06 AM

Photo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/31/2013 5:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2013 11:08 AM

Bmx needs to develop its own identity more than anything else, we dont need to replicate whats done in the skate world, whats the point in doing stuff that's already being done.

I personally like bmx being away from mainstream culture, it gives it character and individuality.

Also bad things can happen when something gets so popular, the industry gets flooded and diluted into a sub par version of itself, which in the long run does nothing of any good.

Being a small, underground sport we get more dedicated quality companies in it for the love of the riding and the riders.

Quality not quantity has always been something I look for in anything in life, whether that's bike parts, friends, employment, everything...like its better to have a few real good friends, than hundreds of acquaintances.

I like bmx how it is, there is room for improvement, I'm not saying its perfect, but all in all I still and always will love it for what it really is and what it truly repersents....freedom.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/31/2013 9:11 AM

^
plus rep

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/31/2013 9:19 AM

i sort of see what he means , people like Rob Dyrdek are known all over and No one from bmx got close to that far

|

12/31/2013 9:32 AM

I said this a while back.

BMX would have more people into it for sure. The main problem is that BMX doesnt appeal to everyone. It really matters that someone would do something about it to make people like it more.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/31/2013 9:43 AM

In a lot of the UK, or at least where I am, BMX is as popular/more popular than Skating.

|

12/31/2013 9:58 AM

coverage ≠ culture

p.s. you're getting annoying again

|

12/31/2013 10:35 AM

Skating is more popular because skaters are usually immature fags like Tom dugan, looks at football and basketball for example the gayer something is the more popular it will be same with the rap music garbage and the obey clothing line everyone goes nuts for that junk and worships it

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/31/2013 10:42 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Skating is more popular because skaters are usually immature fags like Tom dugan, looks at football and basketball for example the gayer something is the more popular it will be same with the rap music garbage and the obey clothing line everyone goes nuts for that junk and worships it

For real. Look at Jesus...hella gay.

|

12/31/2013 11:13 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

In a lot of the UK, or at least where I am, BMX is as popular/more popular than Skating.

Same where I am mate, I see more riders than skaters, especially riding street, its about even at the parks.

More fooking scoot scoots tho than both put together.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/31/2013 11:16 AM

in socal, its about even between scooters and bikers and skaters
maybe 40%skaters, 20% bmx, 40% scoot

but the skaters are fading and some of the scooterkids are converting to biking

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/31/2013 12:06 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Go watch the Diggest Joe Rich Perspective.

If you want BMX to be more like Skating, why not just skate?

good video. opened my mind.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/31/2013 11:23 PM

It seems that anyone can stand on a skateboard and jump , yet few people have bikes designed for BMX , and fewer have the time to learn.

I think the whole skateboard image is the base of street culture , clothing stemmed from it , as well as whole lifestyles and sub-cultures evolved from skateboarding. The fact is , skateboarding has been around longer and more popular due to the sheer amount of people/companies that revolve around it , compared to biking. You don't see brands that say "BMX influenced".

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/31/2013 11:32 PM

fuck popular media. bmx wouldn't be what it is today if it were more mainstreamed. I love it the way it is. Like soulrebel put it, it's all about freedom. BMX can do what the fuck it wants and not be influenced much by outside bullshit. Keep it REAL.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/1/2014 1:01 AM

I'm happy we don't have trend fuckers that wear an OBEY hoodie and ride a wood plank , that are considered instant skaters.
Keep BMX to the people that love it. Doesn't matter if you're good , just have fun and make sure the people who are in it for the right reasons are the ones that prosper.

Unrelated , fuck DC shoes this year for dropping BMX and SURF for SKATE. Fucking corporate shitheads.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/1/2014 3:55 AM

p3n15 sQWAG

|

bicycle more like bikecycle