bmx music and other hobbies

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2016 3:06 PM

i found out that 90% of riders i know listen strictly to trap music,not that trapcity bullshit,but real trap.
i also found out that alot of them do graffiti and have exotic pets and had a skate phase when they were younger...i do all of the things i wrote too,except the skate phase....but i was a scooter kid for like 2 years,felt good to be straight again haha (joke)....can you tell me what are your other hobbies and what music you listen to? i wanna know

|

7/28/2016 5:21 PM

I do not listen to rap or any of that crap! Lol I listen to metal and most rock music. Other hobbies for me are taking care of 4 kids. Not really time for much else except for bmx of course because the kids are getting into it

|

7/28/2016 5:28 PM

Trap music makes me envy the deaf, same with the majority of rap music. There's a few rap artists/groups I enjoy, but the majority of it just sounds like they put a microphone in front of a guy with a speech impediment having a seizure then added a generic beat.

|

7/28/2016 7:13 PM

I mostly listen to classic rock, 80's, and Country. Some Hip/hop here and there.
My main hobby is fixing up this car hence my username. I swapped the motor and converted it to manual. Also I just recently rebuilt the transmission myself.

Photo

|

7/28/2016 7:50 PM

I ride other kinds of bikes, play xbox 360 and classic video games, play with my son (hotwheels are awesome) and work.

Music-open to a lot, but Classic Rock for me.

I want to start playing my guitar more often, debating going back to college, and I've even considered taking up painting or drawing for a hobby.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2016 8:38 PM

I listen to rap, metal, rock and I'm big into car audio, I've got a 21" 100 lbs sub right now DD9921 (digital designs) it will take 4-5k rms it's a beast. 1500 bucks before the carbon fiber cone and supercharged options. Into motocross, sport bikes and cars also

|

7/29/2016 12:18 AM

Can someone please make it clear to me what trap music is? It sounds terrible

|

7/29/2016 2:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Can someone please make it clear to me what trap music is? It sounds terrible

It's the kind of music that makes you feel like you've walked into a trap and it sucks and you can't go anywhere until it's done playing. I'm 0% a fan of it, haha! I like the sound of pawls clicking in my cassette and the squeak of my brakes. I like any kind of tune by BUNT. Music or Awolnation. Maybe add in a few tracks from Proximity's YouTube and I'll have a playlist that'll suit me well.

Aside from BMX, refer to thy Signature. :D

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/29/2016 2:57 AM

Is it that shit, slow, wannabe gangster pop music? Where they think they're rappers just because they repeat the same word over and over and occasionally drop the n word?

I listen mostly to a band called small brown bike, a band called Totorro, and anything chuck ragan has played a part in.
I grew up listening to hip hop before I started riding, then got into whatever was on bmx videos (mostly punk and hardcore). Then during one of my breaks from riding I got heavily into hip hop again and used to break dance, and was a graffiti writer (this was a long time before it became cool and there were legal walls everywhere. Before street art was a thing).
I also used to collect transformers toys. And am quite into comics. Not a full on comic book nerd, but I enjoy them still.

Now all I do is ride when I can, when I've got time off from work. But mostly I chill with my wife and son, which is awesome.

|

7/29/2016 3:32 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Is it that shit, slow, wannabe gangster pop music? Where they think they're rappers just because they repeat the same word ...more

trap is a subgenre of rap where the bpm is usually around 130-135,and the beat ALWAYS contains 808s,trap snares,fast hi hats,crashes,and is usually dark themed, and yes,the not underground trap does suck dick,but underground trap is where its at,TheComeUp commonly uses underground trap in their edits and shit

|

7/29/2016 3:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2016 3:43 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Is it that shit, slow, wannabe gangster pop music? Where they think they're rappers just because they repeat the same word ...more

TRVPJUNKIE wrote:

trap is a subgenre of rap where the bpm is usually around 130-135,and the beat ALWAYS contains 808s,trap snares,fast hi ...more

Yeah, sounds rubbish. I can't stand that music, especially on bmx videos. It's about as far away from real hip hop as you can possibly get. Full of ego's and fakes. They can barely string a decent sentence together, let alone rap with any real content or flow. And the production sounds like a bad headache that someone made on fruity loops. And it's mostly white kids that listen to it and think they're ghetto, while mummy and daddy buy them Jordans/hauraches and turn a blind eye to their kid smoking a bit of weed to be cool.

|

7/29/2016 4:18 AM

I love riding downhill as well as bmx. To me there's nothing better then classic rock. The Beatles, led zep, simon Garfunkel. I've fallen in love with folk punk Defiance Ohio and Elliot Smith make me cry and I love riding to them. Hiking is fun, and I like filming and pics too, made it big time with that. Love psychedelics and taking super simple clean lines while tripping, feelslike a movie.

|

7/29/2016 6:51 AM

I have a full time job. And a 6 year old son who takes up a lot of my time. Trying to get him into riding. Still a bit young. But he totally wants too. He loves watching YouTube videos with me. I also DJ as a hobby. Trying to get my son into that too.Photo

|

7/29/2016 7:40 AM

Work full time. Play bass and drums in rock/metal bands. Horror movies. Gambling. Eating. Collecting records. I love to travel and drive fast. Iron Maiden and Motörhead are the best bands ever. Martial arts and working out too.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/29/2016 4:14 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

TRVPJUNKIE wrote:

trap is a subgenre of rap where the bpm is usually around 130-135,and the beat ALWAYS contains 808s,trap snares,fast hi ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, sounds rubbish. I can't stand that music, especially on bmx videos. It's about as far away from real hip hop as you can ...more

thats why i only listen to underground shit

|

7/29/2016 4:15 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Work full time. Play bass and drums in rock/metal bands. Horror movies. Gambling. Eating. Collecting records. I love to travel ...more

i did martial arts too a few years too! jiujitsu or however its spelled

|

7/29/2016 4:16 PM

g-fresh242 wrote:

I have a full time job. And a 6 year old son who takes up a lot of my time. Trying to get him into riding. Still a bit young. ...more

holy fuck thats a nice setup! i am a producer,but i use fl studio

|

7/29/2016 7:11 PM

g-fresh242 wrote:

I have a full time job. And a 6 year old son who takes up a lot of my time. Trying to get him into riding. Still a bit young. ...more

TRVPJUNKIE wrote:

holy fuck thats a nice setup! i am a producer,but i use fl studio

Thanks dude! Technics 1210 m5g decks and a pioneer mixer. Runnin serato through my MacBook Pro. Fun shit! Lol!

|

7/30/2016 12:26 PM

I ride mountain bikes. Band nerd. Sneakerhead. I listen to mainly classic rock and hip hop. Joey Badass, Kendrick Lamar, Axtion Bronson, Quasimoto. Chase Hawk's frame promo actually got me into Action Bronson. I'm also building a fixie. Riding bikes fast is probobly one of my favorite things. Combine that with no brakes and always having to pedal makes it all a bit more fun.

|

7/30/2016 1:56 PM

I'm listening all kind of music but my favourite is the Romanian underground music "Subcarpati" (i'm romanian) and for the other hobbyes are break dancing, drinking (hahaha) and painting.

|

7/30/2016 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2016 2:52 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Trap music makes me envy the deaf, same with the majority of rap music. There's a few rap artists/groups I enjoy, but the ...more

(T)rap music makes me envy the deaf...I am turning that into a shirt!

I mainly listen to thrash/death/progressive/crossover/black metal. Also old school hardcore punk (stuff like Minor Threat; 7 Seconds; Suicidal Tendencies; Cryptic Slaughter; Black Flag; SOA; Teen Idles etc....anything that is short, fast and loud. Original skate music). Also love jazz and classical. I always tell people I like every thing except country and rap/hip-hop/urban/electronica etc. When we grew up biking/skating, people that listened to rap, or pop, or ska, or anything like that were not usually welcome in our culverts. We did make exceptions for people who were into the first wave of rap...Luke Skywalker; Boogie Down Productions; KRS-1; Run DMC etc because they were not gangster/hoodlum/posers. They were outcasts like us...cool, chill, usually not trouble makers and definitely not posers...

I am a band director for my 9-5, and am a drummer(35+ years) mainly, but have also played bass guitar for about the same time. Have always played in metal, punk or hardcore bands. Music is actually my first love and main activity...then biking. My 2 current bands (Fools Crown and Go Robot, Go!) have music available on iTunes etc....both bands have toured with or played with many national acts

As a youngster I grew up in the Straight edge punk scene, and still am Straight Edge. I never got into all the deviant stupidity because it would have prevented me from playing music and riding my bike. I saw all of my friends always being grounded, getting beat up, or going to jail, and thought that was a stupid waste of time.

My other main activities are mountain biking, playing hockey, and collecting hockey, football and baseball cards. I am also a self-professed and proud D&D/Magic:The Gathering nerd.
|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

7/30/2016 2:49 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I ride mountain bikes. Band nerd. Sneakerhead. I listen to mainly classic rock and hip hop. Joey Badass, Kendrick Lamar, ...more

what up fellow band nerd!! Are you into DCI/WGI?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

7/31/2016 10:11 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

I ride mountain bikes. Band nerd. Sneakerhead. I listen to mainly classic rock and hip hop. Joey Badass, Kendrick Lamar, ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

Sorry to say but no. It's always been sinething really cool that I would love to participate in, but my focus has been soley on improving my concert solo and jazz skills. I play sax. I did just get back from the Sacramento State USA drum major camp though. So many of the kids there have been doing things like Blue Devils B corp and marching other Corps that I can't remember the names of. I'm very excited for my band's field show this year though. I'll be assistant drum major and with the drum major and director, we're working to try and unite our band more and boost motivation to do better.

|

7/31/2016 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2016 6:45 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Sorry to say but no. It's always been sinething really cool that I would love to participate in, but my focus has been soley ...more

cool man. Keep going on whatever you do....as long as you strive to attain the highest level!!I know many sax players who learned brass or percussion to march, but you gotta do what you are into! Do you think you will major in music, or at least play in college? love it that you are getting into jazz. I grew up in that world

funny too b/c most sax players I know are pretty mellow....BMXing would not be something I would tag a sax player as being into....uber cool!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

7/31/2016 9:19 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Sorry to say but no. It's always been sinething really cool that I would love to participate in, but my focus has been soley ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

cool man. Keep going on whatever you do....as long as you strive to attain the highest level!!I know many sax players who ...more

Definitely continuing in college. I have no idea if I will major in music of any sort though. I don't have an interest in teaching, more in performance. I've put a lot of hard work into this. Been getting first chairs in honor and state bands, except for the full blown Nevada all-state band which I have yet to even make it into. Damn Vegas kids....... Joking, joking.

|

8/1/2016 6:52 AM

g-fresh242 wrote:

Damn thats sick, cool to see I'm not the only DJ/Producer here, I'm currently waiting on some new equipment to come in so the stuff I have now is in boxes haha

As for the topic of trap, its decent enough to hype up a session because of the catchy beats and whatnot but to be honest I prefer the EDM version of trap compared to the Hip Hop/Rap variation.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!