bmx part invention ideas.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2013 8:39 PM

i personally think they should have pedals with metal pins that have replacable foam tips so you get grip of metals and dont kill your leg.

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/30/2013 8:49 PM

Thats a great idea ........ but how would the foam tips stay in tho ........... Mabey a really small pinch bolt on it

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

3/30/2013 9:07 PM

I'm not really bothered by metal pedalbite anymore, but I guess it's an idea, although it wouldn't really make sense because metal pedals are supposed to last longer.

I made a really weird freecoaster awhile ago. It kinda combined a cassette and a freecoaster in how it engaged, but it would only function as a coaster.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/30/2013 9:18 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm not really bothered by metal pedalbite anymore, but I guess it's an idea, although it wouldn't really make sense because metal pedals are supposed to last longer.

I made a really weird freecoaster awhile ago. It kinda combined a cassette and a freecoaster in how it engaged, but it would only function as a coaster.

like the ezra or eclat? i wish any other company but those 2 would have made it first so it wouldnt be so expensive

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/30/2013 9:21 PM

tomdon wrote:

like the ezra or eclat? i wish any other company but those 2 would have made it first so it wouldnt be so expensive

Nah, it used something like a KHE freecoaster with something that threaded in as you pedaled, and that pushed up some pawl-type things and it engaged. It was super weird lol. I lost the file when my computer crashed yesterday though.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/30/2013 9:46 PM

It's a good idea, but not that well though out. The foam would get raped off the tips after an hour of riding. The reason metal pins grip so well is because they have metal tips. plus.. you know...... shin guards.. plastic pedals...

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/30/2013 9:52 PM

Not digging that pedal idea.. just sounds unnecessary. Personally I dont like crazy grippy pedals. for some tricks it just gets annoying. I am a fan of any Eclat PC pedals. they last longer than any other PC because they have fiberglass infused in the PC. And for tricks like crank arm grinds, turndowns, euro tables, and just riding in general I like being able to move my feet around on my pedals a bit easier. Its preference though. I guess what I am getting at is after riding for a while you realize that slipping a pedal isn't all that bad, and there are more important things to worry about that how glued on your feet are.

|

3/30/2013 10:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2013 10:30 PM

Heres my half baked not so well designed idea. It's a chrom hub guard that screws onto the dropouts. Has a hole to fit your peg through and is supposed to guard your drop out as well as your hub. ..But then you would need frames drilled to fit it and its just clunky af. meh whatever. Justa thought.
Photo
(it's called that because its a piece of shit)

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/30/2013 10:35 PM

A peh with a metal flange on the dropout side to function as a hubguard

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/30/2013 10:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2013 10:40 PM

SickDude wrote:

A peh with a metal flange on the dropout side to function as a hubguard

Ahh yeah. Two heads are better than one! Nice thinking man. hahah creative..

but what about spinning the peg to grind on the good sides? Lets think past this obstacle now..

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/30/2013 10:40 PM

SickDude wrote:

A peh with a metal flange on the dropout side to function as a hubguard

BMXism wrote:

Ahh yeah. Two heads are better than one! Nice thinking man. hahah creative..

but what about spinning the peg to grind on the good sides? Lets think past this obstacle now..

Your idea fueled mine haha. I might go up around fv next weekend. I live in camarillo so we should get together sometime haha

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/30/2013 10:51 PM

SickDude wrote:

Your idea fueled mine haha. I might go up around fv next weekend. I live in camarillo so we should get together sometime haha

Theres some good shit to ride in irvine. the university and a couple high schools. And this church with a small open park.
Although I'm framless atm bro.. fuuuuuu

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/30/2013 10:53 PM

SickDude wrote:

A peh with a metal flange on the dropout side to function as a hubguard

sorry to be a bubble burster, but mutant bikes did this. it's a great idea though

Photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/30/2013 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2013 2:02 AM

^fucker!^

why havent I heard of those? They look sick.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/31/2013 12:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2013 2:19 AM

Damn you Sickdude for getting my creative juices going. Heres another, slightly less retarded guard idea... This shit goes on the axle but on the outside to protect the dropout as well as the hub. hopefully it makes sense in this sketch..
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/31/2013 12:28 AM

i remember some company had a seat post and the bottom of it was a socket and you can take your wheels and shit off with it. I'd like to have stuff like that where you don't need as many tools and if you're far away or something you can easily fix shit

|

vital's redneck

3/31/2013 1:00 AM

BLRBMX wrote:

i remember some company had a seat post and the bottom of it was a socket and you can take your wheels and shit off with it. I'd like to have stuff like that where you don't need as many tools and if you're far away or something you can easily fix shit

Kis bike co . There a euro company . They have some very creative ideas

|

rebuilding my refs post old acount sticky.
tcbmx(x6), scramhype, beastassdick,droogskull,SuperstarDK(x20),Warchol02(x2),Deehos(x2),Rysbrnr,Ecuadevil,White Knight(x2),Netty spagetti,dysonday,kurknut,king swag,Bmx,the bmxist(x2),Genisis

3/31/2013 6:37 AM

SickDude wrote:

A peh with a metal flange on the dropout side to function as a hubguard

sundaybmxRR wrote:

sorry to be a bubble burster, but mutant bikes did this. it's a great idea though

Photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]

beat me to it. i was gonna post it. not into production yet though

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/31/2013 6:39 AM

someone needs to make some shit with the coaster in mind. theres no coaster specific shit out there. fbm guard works but is universal so dont really count. and even a gland has to be bored out cuz they dont fit stock. and that mutant peg/guard combo would not fit a coaster.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/31/2013 9:38 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Not digging that pedal idea.. just sounds unnecessary. Personally I dont like crazy grippy pedals. for some tricks it just gets annoying. I am a fan of any Eclat PC pedals. they last longer than any other PC because they have fiberglass infused in the PC. And for tricks like crank arm grinds, turndowns, euro tables, and just riding in general I like being able to move my feet around on my pedals a bit easier. Its preference though. I guess what I am getting at is after riding for a while you realize that slipping a pedal isn't all that bad, and there are more important things to worry about that how glued on your feet are.

i agree because i like to move around on my pedals

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

3/31/2013 1:35 PM

I've had an Idea about a Stem like the Odyssey Lincoln, but with the Bolts at the Back, with the Bolts angled so the Heads are ~45 Degree Forward, and the Bolts also tighten up a Wedge in between the Faceplate and Steerer Tube to tighten the Stem to the Steerer Tube.

|

3/31/2013 1:48 PM

What about a frame with a short chaimstay but hella long dropouts so you can do either spins or have control

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/31/2013 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2013 2:11 PM

SickDude wrote:

What about a frame with a short chaimstay but hella long dropouts so you can do either spins or have control

Mutiny Rune. 13" slammed but I think it's 13.625" all the way back. Plus older frames used to have mega long dropouts, but they got pinched and you couldn't take your wheel off anymore. Happened to my brother's Mosca.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/31/2013 4:26 PM

I always had an idea of a splined stem design. it'd be the same way as cranks are, like the steerer tube would be splined with like 50 splines and the stem would have splines on the inside to match with the forks, thus eliminating need for pinch bolts. simply line it up, put some anti seize on the splines and compress it down with the cap

It'd be a lot harder to get on and off though, so I guess if you need to take your bike apart a lot, it wouldn't be that good an idea.

PROs:
-wouldn't slip
-wouldn't be hard to line up for anyone somehow dumb enough to not line traditional stems up
-eliminates pinch bolts thus saving a tiny bit of weight

CONs:
-harder to get on/off
-could potentially wear out as 48 spline cranks do overtime
-if you blow a bearing, it's more of a hassle to change it, falls under the first con though.
-only compatible with splined forks/stems


patent pending wink

|

3/31/2013 4:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I always had an idea of a splined stem design. it'd be the same way as cranks are, like the steerer tube would be splined with like 50 splines and the stem would have splines on the inside to match with the forks, thus eliminating need for pinch bolts. simply line it up, put some anti seize on the splines and compress it down with the cap

It'd be a lot harder to get on and off though, so I guess if you need to take your bike apart a lot, it wouldn't be that good an idea.

PROs:
-wouldn't slip
-wouldn't be hard to line up for anyone somehow dumb enough to not line traditional stems up
-eliminates pinch bolts thus saving a tiny bit of weight

CONs:
-harder to get on/off
-could potentially wear out as 48 spline cranks do overtime
-if you blow a bearing, it's more of a hassle to change it, falls under the first con though.
-only compatible with splined forks/stems


patent pending wink

I remember some time ago somebody posted something about this, the title of the thread was something like "IS this going to be the new standard" or something like that.
I can't remember what it was exactly but it was something along those lines.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/31/2013 4:35 PM

andyferly wrote:

I remember some time ago somebody posted something about this, the title of the thread was something like "IS this going to be the new standard" or something like that.
I can't remember what it was exactly but it was something along those lines.

Might have been the 2hip groovetech stuff, but that wasn't splined. it had 2 notches in the forks steerer tube and the stem had 2 notches inside of it that slid together

|

3/31/2013 4:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Might have been the 2hip groovetech stuff, but that wasn't splined. it had 2 notches in the forks steerer tube and the stem had 2 notches inside of it that slid together

Yeah must have been something like that.
Still I like your idea.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/31/2013 8:47 PM

48 splined bars and stems, the part of the bar that goes into the stem is like 48 spline and same with the stem so you can adjust your bars to where you like them and they won't slip.

|

3/31/2013 9:24 PM

DialedGuerraBmx wrote:

48 splined bars and stems, the part of the bar that goes into the stem is like 48 spline and same with the stem so you can adjust your bars to where you like them and they won't slip.

Fuck it, while we are at it let's have 48 splines seat tubes and posts so yours seat can't go spinning around!

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

3/31/2013 9:40 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Fuck it, while we are at it let's have 48 splines seat tubes and posts so yours seat can't go spinning around!

I second this. also 48 spline grips and bars. you know what? fuck it. 48 spline tires and tubes too.

|