bmx pegs question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2015 3:16 AM

ive been learning to grind more and ofcorse i forget to get a hubguard so there are some scratchs on my hub. but it still works (apart from needing to be cleaned and regreased) but im wondering if i start grinding alot how will this effect my bike damage wise if i use a hubguard?

|

7/30/2015 9:29 AM

A hub guard will prevent you from snapping spokes as easily when grinding and will also protect the flanges from bending and being warn down. I'd defo get some I you're gonna be grinding quite often

|

7/30/2015 12:15 PM

^Yes. Get some guards if you plan to start running pegs often and make sure that the guards that you get will fit your hubs.

Other damages from grinding are just the obvious stuff. You can dent your frame if you mess up a grind, your pedal pins will most likely get worn down, you might see scratches and marks on your chainstay after a while. Nothing too crazy.

Just get some guards and you should be fine.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/30/2015 3:30 PM

theyre like condoms, better to have one and not need it, then need one and not have it

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/30/2015 6:26 PM

Stocksy wrote:

^Yes. Get some guards if you plan to start running pegs often and make sure that the guards that you get will fit your hubs.

Other damages from grinding are just the obvious stuff. You can dent your frame if you mess up a grind, your pedal pins will most likely get worn down, you might see scratches and marks on your chainstay after a while. Nothing too crazy.

Just get some guards and you should be fine.

yeah i will get some hubguards, i just dont want to mess up the bearings in my hubs or break my axle or somthing because there pretty good hubs aha.
i dont care to much about scratchs as those can be fixed easily.

|

7/30/2015 7:50 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

theyre like condoms, better to have one and not need it, then need one and not have it

that would be a firearm. i mean condoms come on now i raw dawg it

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

7/31/2015 7:05 AM

Get some guards.

THE ONLY EXCEPTION would be if you ride NOTHING BUT MINI RAMP with round coping, you won't hit your hubs.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura