bmx questioning .

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2013 8:19 PM

So I've been riding since 2007-08 something like that, took 2011 and 12 off due to a broken foot, got a new bike a month ago, got back in to groove and tho i was a little scared, I started 360ing down steps and barring and shit again , NOW today I went to 360 some steps (6 steps) and I landed it and then my bars just turned in and i caught a bar end into the pelvis. so my question is How often do you get hurt? i know its part of the sport but i hate that part of it and want to know what keepd you going cause i cant quit but hate getting hurt.

|

7/20/2013 8:24 PM

every time i ride, just depends on how bad

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/20/2013 8:25 PM

Idk it happens. Heal up then back at it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/20/2013 8:27 PM

tomdon wrote:

Idk it happens. Heal up then back at it

Idk either but what keeps you going and how do you clear your mind and fears of getting hurt to go big again

|

7/20/2013 8:35 PM

tomdon wrote:

Idk it happens. Heal up then back at it

Mfwic_ wrote:

Idk either but what keeps you going and how do you clear your mind and fears of getting hurt to go big again

Yo just back at it. Don't think about it. When you think about it fear builds.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/20/2013 8:35 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

Idk either but what keeps you going and how do you clear your mind and fears of getting hurt to go big again

well what i realized this point right here is what separates the people who rely want to ride to the people who ride just cuz its cool, it shows who truly love the sport

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/20/2013 8:39 PM

This is true, I just dont know how to clear my mind from the bullshit, if i got hurt doing a 360 down something, when I go to 3 something after i heal up it fucks with me ! they say waht doesnt kill you fucks you up mentally !

|

7/20/2013 8:42 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

This is true, I just dont know how to clear my mind from the bullshit, if i got hurt doing a 360 down something, when I go to 3 something after i heal up it fucks with me ! they say waht doesnt kill you fucks you up mentally !

ya you just have to get over it guess, but after you get fucked up mentally and then you do it anyway and make it you feel amazing

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/20/2013 8:45 PM

There is nothing to fear but fear itself

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/20/2013 8:47 PM

Yeah i kinda just hurt all the time since i ride a lot. Just landing everything fine hurts you after a while, trust me. I am always sore and achey. Sucks. All i need is a massage and a hot tub to loosen my muscles up a bit. Before, my back used to hurt real bad all the time, after i got tendinitis in my left wrist. I got new bars and a higher topload and now thats not as bad as before. Now the muscles around my shoulder blades hurt from just riding and my wrist and my ankles and my legs are sore for the first time in forever. Its fine though because i will just sleep it off or something haha. Just try to be smooth i guess. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/20/2013 8:48 PM

tomdon wrote:

There is nothing to fear but fear itself

your right dude ! im in ny we should link up and ride ! I've been fucked up 3 times where i've had to sit out but i hate it and then getting back into the groove sucks

|

7/20/2013 8:50 PM

personally I get hurt pretty much every time I ride because I don't ride within my limits (I just dislocated my wrist the other day somehow) but I heal fast so I don't really care but like tom said the only thing to fear is fear because the more you think about something the more hesitant you'll be at doing things and that's when you fuck up and get hurt.

so just throw fear out the window

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/20/2013 8:53 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah i kinda just hurt all the time since i ride a lot. Just landing everything fine hurts you after a while, trust me. I am always sore and achey. Sucks. All i need is a massage and a hot tub to loosen my muscles up a bit. Before, my back used to hurt real bad all the time, after i got tendinitis in my left wrist. I got new bars and a higher topload and now thats not as bad as before. Now the muscles around my shoulder blades hurt from just riding and my wrist and my ankles and my legs are sore for the first time in forever. Its fine though because i will just sleep it off or something haha. Just try to be smooth i guess. haha

I know the sores you speak of my friend.

|

7/20/2013 8:56 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

personally I get hurt pretty much every time I ride because I don't ride within my limits (I just dislocated my wrist the other day somehow) but I heal fast so I don't really care but like tom said the only thing to fear is fear because the more you think about something the more hesitant you'll be at doing things and that's when you fuck up and get hurt.

so just throw fear out the window

Damn bro. thats exactly how I do , I dont believe in limits in this sport, if u stay within your limits you wont progress cause you'll always just being doing the same shit. BUt i know waht u mean and I just need to learn how to get rid of fear.

|

7/20/2013 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2013 9:08 PM

I think what your trying to get across is that you like riding bmx you just don't like the injuries. Seems to me like your asking for advice on how to get over fears and what other people do to get over fears. I just came from the Dustin Orem page in the main page on this site. He suffered from kidney, lungs, spleen and other sorts of damage riding at someone's backyard. You hear of riders like Stephen Murray who got paralyzed from the neck down after his crash. Mike Aitken and Brett banasciewiz come to mind also. All of these riders who get injured and hurt but yet they keep riding it makes people wonder what drives them. Well i wouldn't be able to give you the answer to that so I am sorry to disappoint you.

Although I can give you my reasoning behind injuries given that I haven't suffered a full fracture of a bone or anything. Nonetheless I'll do my best to help out. I certainly do get scared of breaking a bone when school is in session I seem to have weeks were I mentally battle myself trying to find reasons to why I ride bmx and risk getting hurt to land a 360. I don't ride to get girls or to look cool, in fac I try to keep the fact that I ride bmx and do tricks as subliminal as possible. If I ever talk about it i just tell people I ride bikes. I started riding at a time where I felt completely lost upon who I was and what I wanted to do with my life. I made a spontaneous decision of buying a bike. That summer I worked all summer to earn 400 dollars to buy a decent stock bike. While I was working I felt like giving up and I remembered what the purpose of me working was, to buy a bike. I took 2 nails (accidentally) to my feet that summer and I had to keep working all day. At the time I had no idea what moments like those would play a part of but looking back at them now I begin to understand and comprehend. Bmx has taught me that hard work and persistence pay off. There are a few occasions were hard work and persistence don't pay off but don't be mad you failed, be glad that you tried. I had to constantly argue with my parents to let me go out on my block. I was 14 at the time, i say old enough to be allowd to go out. Bmx taught me to stand up for myself and what I believe in, even if t ment disappointing my parents. Despite my parents efforts of pushing me to a 4 year university I decided I am going to g to trade school and learn a trade ( parents think its a mistake). I'll willingly admit that the decision I plan on making might be the biggest mistake of my life, but what is life if it weren't for mistakes? What good is landing a 360 if it weren't for the falls and the scars to show you earned something. When I do tricks it isn't to impress some random stranger. When I 360 or wall ride I do it to prove To myself that I can accomplish something. When I fall I do my best to get back up and try it again because life isn't shits and giggles. Life will beat the fuck out of you and if you stay down and give up you no longer stand for nothing.

So what I'm trying to say is bmx has been an essential part of my "teenage life" .Whether bmx continues to be a part of my life or not I will always remember it as the thing that showed me various life lessons. Injuries aren't just a part of bmx, they are a part of life. Wha good is a coffin with an unharmed body? One day I will not be able to move as swiftly as I do now, jump as high, wall ride, one day my 180s will slowly decay, and when that day comes I want to have lived my bmx years to the fullest. One day I will get old, and one day I shall die.... So shall we all. Enjoy the moment. life wasn't ment to be understood it was meant to be lived.

|

7/20/2013 9:10 PM

You want to get rid of fear? Understand and comprehend it.

|

7/20/2013 9:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2013 9:15 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I think what your trying to get across is that you like riding bmx you just don't like the injuries. Seems to me like your asking for advice on how to get over fears and what other people do to get over fears. I just came from the Dustin Orem page in the main page on this site. He suffered from kidney, lungs, spleen and other sorts of damage riding at someone's backyard. You hear of riders like Stephen Murray who got paralyzed from the neck down after his crash. Mike Aitken and Brett banasciewiz come to mind also. All of these riders who get injured and hurt but yet they keep riding it makes people wonder what drives them. Well i wouldn't be able to give you the answer to that so I am sorry to disappoint you.

Although I can give you my reasoning behind injuries given that I haven't suffered a full fracture of a bone or anything. Nonetheless I'll do my best to help out. I certainly do get scared of breaking a bone when school is in session I seem to have weeks were I mentally battle myself trying to find reasons to why I ride bmx and risk getting hurt to land a 360. I don't ride to get girls or to look cool, in fac I try to keep the fact that I ride bmx and do tricks as subliminal as possible. If I ever talk about it i just tell people I ride bikes. I started riding at a time where I felt completely lost upon who I was and what I wanted to do with my life. I made a spontaneous decision of buying a bike. That summer I worked all summer to earn 400 dollars to buy a decent stock bike. While I was working I felt like giving up and I remembered what the purpose of me working was, to buy a bike. I took 2 nails (accidentally) to my feet that summer and I had to keep working all day. At the time I had no idea what moments like those would play a part of but looking back at them now I begin to understand and comprehend. Bmx has taught me that hard work and persistence pay off. There are a few occasions were hard work and persistence don't pay off but don't be mad you failed, be glad that you tried. I had to constantly argue with my parents to let me go out on my block. I was 14 at the time, i say old enough to be allowd to go out. Bmx taught me to stand up for myself and what I believe in, even if t ment disappointing my parents. Despite my parents efforts of pushing me to a 4 year university I decided I am going to g to trade school and learn a trade ( parents think its a mistake). I'll willingly admit that the decision I plan on making might be the biggest mistake of my life, but what is life if it weren't for mistakes? What good is landing a 360 if it weren't for the falls and the scars to show you earned something. When I do tricks it isn't to impress some random stranger. When I 360 or wall ride I do it to prove To myself that I can accomplish something. When I fall I do my best to get back up and try it again because life isn't shits and giggles. Life will beat the fuck out of you and if you stay down and give up you no longer stand for nothing.

So what I'm trying to say is bmx has been an essential part of my "teenage life" .Whether bmx continues to be a part of my life or not I will always remember it as the thing that showed me various life lessons. Injuries aren't just a part of bmx, they are a part of life. Wha good is a coffin with an unharmed body? One day I will not be able to move as swiftly as I do now, jump as high, wall ride, one day my 180s will slowly decay, and when that day comes I want to have lived my bmx years to the fullest. One day I will get old, and one day I shall die.... So shall we all. Enjoy the moment. life wasn't ment to be understood it was meant to be lived.

Yo bro thats the most inspirtation anone has ever giving me in this sport, everyone else would tell me to just man the fuck up or something like taht but you dude hit the nail on the head, thanks bro, cant wait to heal up to go back and own that set of steps , i'll just make sure to sweep the ground where im landing this time (lol) thanks bro !

|

7/20/2013 9:16 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

You want to get rid of fear? Understand and comprehend it.

My mentor (40 year old bmx rider from nyc) told me learn how to control fear and use it as a positive !

|

7/20/2013 11:15 PM

every time i have a nasty eat shit moment i watch a sean burns video and tell myself that i am being a real big pussy and that i need to man up earn the trick im trying to get.

|

7/21/2013 3:15 AM

The more you get het hurt the more you get used to it, bmx can toughen you up, its all part of it really. When I first started riding again every time I'd get hurt I was like...fuck what am I doin this for, now tho I don't care about the pain.

As long as I don't get hurt so bad that it keeps me off my bike for any length of time I don't care, I'm still going to get right back at it.

Another thing the longer and more regular you ride the better you get at bailing out of stuff, its just pure reflex after a while. when shits going bad you gotta learn to be able to get out of it, like jumping otb when learning to nose manny, each trick for me has a way out it if things are going bad but you just gotta learn how and when to abandon ship. Its hard at first tho because its like you have to commit to the trick to get em done, but you also have to know when to press the eject button when thing are going wrong cuz its normally when your fully committed to a bad move that you get hurt the most.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


7/21/2013 4:45 AM

Fear and pain are weakness leaving the body. NOW GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND 360 A 20 SET!

Just ride. If you feel up to it, do it. If not, don't.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/21/2013 10:01 AM

future FBM wrote:

Fear and pain are weakness leaving the body. NOW GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND 360 A 20 SET!

Just ride. If you feel up to it, do it. If not, don't.

AMEn

|

7/21/2013 7:58 PM

I definitely don't do tricks anymore due to being in the military... can't being getting hurt all the time now.

I stopped the dayI came off a kicker and landed on my back and my helmet saved my skull. I walked away and took the fall pretty well while keeping a hold of my bike. After that, it sunk it that I was coming up on graduating college and had to get a job. I couldn't be going into work with crutches all the time or messing up my back.

Now, I'm glad stopped because the AF wouldn't take me with previously broken bones since they aren't needing too many people right now.

I still ride (did 20 miles the other day) and might pop a bunny hop off a bank here and there, but for the most part I just go fast and avoid cars lol.

|

7/21/2013 8:34 PM

i have never been seriously injured on a bike..i have seriously fucked myself up doing everything else though..but i have hyper extended my knee and rolled my ankle..had to get 45 stitches in my shin and broken some toes, but nothing that put me out for over a week

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]


follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media