brake mount problem

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2014 7:35 AM

Hey guys got a problem ive got my brake mount stuck on the arm of my brake i managed yo get them off my bike but the allen key bolt that links the arm to the mount is stuck, dont worry about the spring btw ive got more springs any ideas on how to sperate them guys? Thanks! (Pics below)

[LINK TO IMAGE][/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/godsake/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0101.jpg.html][LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

10/22/2014 7:39 AM

I have the same problem. Now i know why removable mounts suck.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/22/2014 7:56 AM

Liquid wrench should loosen it right up

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/22/2014 8:33 AM

Open end wrench on the mount & allen in the top ?

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/22/2014 8:40 AM

Kokxxy wrote:

Open end wrench on the mount & allen in the top ?

Tried my friend the allen keeps wanting too slip also tried clamping the mount in a vice but no joy allen wants to slip out again might try heating it up later

|

10/22/2014 9:51 AM

If the above mentioned method with the wrench & allen didn't work then you're screwed. The mount is steel and your brake arm is aluminum. Your brakes will be melted if you try to heat it up. Aluminum melts at a much lower temp than steel. And btw those mounts are garbage. I had em on my mutiny and hated them. The fit style is better but I'd prefer welded overall

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/23/2014 5:13 AM

Sounds stripped to me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura