|

5/5/2013 12:36 PM

Front brake.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/5/2013 12:41 PM

depends man, just try some bikes out with a front/rear/brakeless and see what feels best

|

Bruh

5/5/2013 12:53 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

depends man, just try some bikes out with a front/rear/brakeless and see what feels best

this.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 12:58 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Front brake.

Both Brakes.

But seriously, it's all personal preference. I do actually ride both Brakes and I love it.

|

5/5/2013 2:27 PM

real men ride brakeless , that's why I ride brakes haha

I prefer brakes in the back only

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/5/2013 2:30 PM

^ this, i'm brakeless atm (insert dumbass comment why wink ) and if i were to have brakes only in the back cool

|

Bruh

5/5/2013 2:36 PM

In my 10+ years of riding i have ran front only, rear only, front & rear, gyro set up, straight cable & brakeless. I dont think i will ever bother with brakes again. I think as mentioned in my 10+ years riding ive been brakeless 6 or 7, possibly 8 years of them. Its what i feel comfortable with & i feel i have progressed more & furthered my "style" without them.

|

5/5/2013 2:41 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

real men ride brakeless , that's why I ride brakes haha

I prefer brakes in the back only

Damn it! I came here to say that exact same thing, but you beat me to it! And I tip my hat off to you, kind sir.

|

The winners guide to tricks: Tuck-it, huck-it, or fuck-it!

My music:http://fxaudiorage.bandcamp.com/

5/5/2013 2:56 PM

Everybody is different, the only way you'll know whether they're for you or not is to just try them out for awhile. At the moment i'm brakeless but occasionally i throw the straight cable on when i feel like switching it up

|

5/5/2013 4:43 PM

It depends on what tricks you're into.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 5:31 PM

Both brakes, watch bobby altiser edits

|

fack off

5/5/2013 7:33 PM

I ride full street, and LOVE breakless and it looks wayy cleaner, and yes im the asshole that cares how my bike looks, by i'm trying to get a simple rear brake stright cable set up just to mess with, it will be an on and off thing. I haul ass down too many hills with lights, which is a bad idea, aha.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/5/2013 8:41 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I ride full street, and LOVE breakless and it looks wayy cleaner, and yes im the asshole that cares how my bike looks, by i'm trying to get a simple rear brake stright cable set up just to mess with, it will be an on and off thing. I haul ass down too many hills with lights, which is a bad idea, aha.

brakes for street is fun since im a park rat i will incorporate alot of park into my street.

lol incorporate i feel so fancy now

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/7/2013 6:55 PM

for at least the first few months of riding, keep the brakes on, then try riding without using them for a week, if you can, then take them off

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/7/2013 6:58 PM

A lot of people ride brakeless and I do a swell, but I do kinda wishi had a rear brake, just because it comes in handy sometimes when you need to stop but don't wanna kill your tires

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/7/2013 7:00 PM

Here's my $.02, coming from a 44 year-old guy who's been riding bikes all his life (except for 10 years I took off to compete in the International Fat and Lazy competition, heh): if you're using your bike for general transportation, RUN BRAKES. If your bike isn't your mode of transportation and you just use it for tricks and stuff, whatever. smile

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 7:04 PM

iamtim wrote:

Here's my $.02, coming from a 44 year-old guy who's been riding bikes all his life (except for 10 years I took off to compete in the International Fat and Lazy competition, heh): if you're using your bike for general transportation, RUN BRAKES. If your bike isn't your mode of transportation and you just use it for tricks and stuff, whatever. smile

Haha i like the $.02, I'll have to use that some time, and good advice I 100% agree

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/13/2013 1:04 PM

right today i took of my back brake and i think brakeless is soooo much more fun :D

|

5/13/2013 1:22 PM

no brakes

|

5/13/2013 1:30 PM

whatever floats your boat man, personally i ride brakeless

|

Bruh

5/13/2013 1:42 PM

its all preference. i personally don't ride brakes cuz it's too much to maintain (lazy), complicated (lazy), and i struggle with barspins with the lever there (lazy). none of those are legitimate reasons to not ride brakes if you want them, but i can ride brakeless fine to its just simpler. if you do alot of high speed street sections tho you might want brakes. all opinion really.

|

Insta: @devicacy

5/13/2013 1:46 PM

i ride brakeless now. i got more money for shoes so i can afford it

|

making half retarded post at the moment

5/13/2013 2:38 PM

Well i almost always ran brakeless. Haha i had a haro (brakes never worked really) and i hauled a** in a hilly place a ton. I had squeaky fly brakes when i first got a coaster to make up for not using pedal pressure to turn out. Got tired of that real fast. What i do for brakelessness is learn all the directions i can go to slow me down/speed me up. For example; if i can turn up/down a hill depending on how much speed i want i pick that. And i estimate how many cranks i need to go the speed i want around a turn or sonething. I never put my foot in my tire. And if i do need to stop i put my feet down.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/13/2013 3:09 PM

Way back in like 1994/95 I took my brakes off just cuz they were useless and I've neva had them on pretty much the whole time I've been riding, each to their own but I like it without them just cuz I've neva used em.

The main ting I like about not having em is that you can't bitch out on stuff and it forces you to commit, like if your goin for a gap or drop and you got no brake once your past the point of no return you just gotta go for it, I reckon you progress quicker that way.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/13/2013 3:15 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Way back in like 1994/95 I took my brakes off just cuz they were useless and I've neva had them on pretty much the whole time I've been riding, each to their own but I like it without them just cuz I've neva used em.

The main ting I like about not having em is that you can't bitch out on stuff and it forces you to commit, like if your goin for a gap or drop and you got no brake once your past the point of no return you just gotta go for it, I reckon you progress quicker that way.

Last bit is definately true.

|

5/13/2013 5:02 PM

I've always ran brakeless since i started, besides when we went on a road trip and broke my hub so i used a old K-mart bike rear wheel. (the ones where you use the drive train to brake) and i have always loved it plus it saves you a bit of cash on new brake pads and tires.

But i see it as personal preference. brakes can allow you to be safer and make some tricks easier and brakeless for me is great because i go as hard and fast as i can and never pussy out. but it comes with its ups and downs.

So try one out, start with brakeless and if you can't ride like that then go for brakes

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/13/2013 10:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2013 10:43 PM

breakless i know it kills your tires and shoes but less hassle then having sort out breaks and breaks a pain in the ass for fat tires and if your wheels not a 100% trued

|

ride or die