brake question

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2012 5:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2012 5:06 PM

im currently setting up a new bike and im throwing on brakes......im debating a gyro, 12 years of biking ive never ran a gyro, and im also debating a nokon straight cable....has anyone ever used them before on here? i want my bike to run smooth im not one to do a ton of maintnence on brakes i like to have my bike set up good and last as long as it can without maintnence, im thinking the straight cable set up would be better for that but im having a tough time deciding....i wanna learn barspins and whips one day so a gyro would be good for that....just wondering for some opinions on people whove ran these set ups before

|

2/19/2012 5:16 PM

gyro's dont need sooo much attention, and if you know what you're doing with brakes it's about a 5 minute tune up every few months or so

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/19/2012 5:57 PM

I run a gyro. It's convenient for bars and whips. A few ounces heavier than a cable, but that doesn't really matter.

|

2/19/2012 7:15 PM

im not worried about weight i want something that functions good....im thinking the gyro is looking like a good possibility

|

2/19/2012 7:50 PM

i love gyros. and i hate those nokon shits. if your cable ever snaps, chances are all those little pieces will go flying

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

2/19/2012 7:52 PM

my buddy used to run a nokon years and years ago and swear i remember him snapping his into a couple hundred pieces....asked him if they did and he said no....but i knew that was the cable i was thinking of

|

2/19/2012 10:01 PM

ever think about doing the dual rear cable set up from the gyro? when i used to run brakes, that's what i had. i personally recommend that route.

|

2/19/2012 10:35 PM

yea i deffinatly wanna go all dual cables if run a gyro....get the london mod going.....snapping single cables is a pain in the ass

|

2/23/2012 6:22 AM

Check THIS link for a helpful guid to setting up a gyro.

|

Photobucket

2/23/2012 8:20 AM

eskimojay wrote:

yea i deffinatly wanna go all dual cables if run a gyro....get the london mod going.....snapping single cables is a pain in the ass

dual just allows for that little extra fine adjustment as well. i got a new frame yesterday, and have been contemplating throwing the Snafu gyro set up back on. but the frame isn't tapped for tabs, so i need to find a plate or something to make it work.

|

2/23/2012 8:50 AM

If your thinking gyro now is the time.

Side wall distribution has some snafu gyros on sale for $10. Cables on sale for $4 and $5.

I must say nokons work amazing though. My friend had one for 3 year and had it on 3 or 4 different bikes and it still worked just as good as the day it was put on.

|