brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2015 11:12 PM

What is breakless like? How does it change your riding, confidence and such? And in trails, do you find yourself wanting them back? Or to avoid overshooting do you just boost higher?

|

4/27/2015 5:11 AM

brakeless helps me cause I cant bitch out of things as easy.

|

FIT // ODYESSEY // ANIMAL //

Best hip-hop playlist *(K)ILLuminati*

4/27/2015 5:24 AM

I was kinda forced to ride break-less, due to being a broke ass biatch. I can't talk much about trails, but I would like to think it gave me better bike control. Like manuals for instance, I couldn't use the break to drop the front end, so I had to use my body instead. I got some money now, so I was thinking of getting some odyssey evo2's soon.

|

4/27/2015 7:41 AM

To me it feels a lot squirrelier. I am less likely to go fast at first, and am a lot more careful with certain things. Once I am comfy it's all good. For trails, you gotta be pretty comfortable brakeless I think. For the overshooting etc, you learn to pump to adjust speed as needed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/27/2015 4:06 PM

Awwwwww poor baby biggybuggy unsureunsure wants to go brakeless but he never try it before he must be scared to go brakeless. Man up just do it.

|

4/27/2015 4:50 PM

acedog890 wrote:

Awwwwww poor baby biggybuggy unsureunsure wants to go brakeless but he never try it before he must be scared to go brakeless. Man up just do it.

Aren't you the kid who is obsessed with playing "house" on the Sims?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/27/2015 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2015 4:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

To me it feels a lot squirrelier. I am less likely to go fast at first, and am a lot more careful with certain things. Once I am comfy it's all good. For trails, you gotta be pretty comfortable brakeless I think. For the overshooting etc, you learn to pump to adjust speed as needed.

word

|


please embed videos


My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/27/2015 4:56 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Aren't you the kid who is obsessed with playing "house" on the Sims?

He's also a troll and thinks changing his location to mine (when it was previously Kansas) is trolling.







To the original post.. I liked brakes when I first started, so much that I was the last of my group of friends to take them off only because my cable eventually snapped. When they were off, I found I bitched out of rails less since I either had to commit or eat shit trying to stop myself in time haha.


I put them back on a few months ago for a few weeks and I would still ride them but they're just not my style for one. I like doing abubacas and fufanus, fufanus to feebles are super fun too.. But it's just not my preference. Plus they make barspins a pain in the ass for me and doing barspin to fakie and accidentally squeezing your brake lever when catching them is never fun.

Also, call me a bitch, but I don't want my painted rim to get all fucked up either. I like how my bike looks haha but that's not the prime reason I don't ride brakes though.

|

4/27/2015 4:57 PM

You need more space to stop after a trick thats for sure. Also I find myself less comfortable crusing with cars around. For trails its more tricky when you take curves and big turn

|

4/27/2015 5:06 PM

You'll be less confident and you'll probably go slower and be less likely to do things at certain setups. Limiting yourself isn't fun. Learn to setup brakes, it isn't hard, and learn to ride with them, it isn't hard, either, and opens up a lot more.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/27/2015 5:30 PM

I had to go brakeless because the current frame I have had the brakemounts grinded off...so yea.

|

4/27/2015 5:52 PM

From what I know, you ride trails a lot so I would recommend brakes.

I don't like trails that much and I think it's because I am brakeless and when you're brakeless, it seems to me that before you go down the roller or pedal towards the first jump you say to yourself, "I hope this is enough speed." And then you go.



|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/27/2015 6:40 PM

if you want to ride brakeless then just don't use them, or disconnect the straddle cable

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

4/27/2015 6:44 PM

i dont anymore and i think i might put some back on soon
its less work and easier to change a tire, but brakes are really nice, even on street

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/27/2015 7:37 PM

After riding for about four years, here's where I stand about brakes.

If you're a beginner, or have only been riding for a year, you should really keep them on. Don't rush to go brakeless because most likely one day, you'll end up brakeless. And besides, brakes are FUN. When you don't have em, you really take those fun brake tricks for granted.

I had a straight cable, then a gyro, then went brakeless for a minute, then back to a gyro, and now for the past year I have been brakeless. I got frustrated with working on them that I took them off. Plus I cracked a frame on the mount before, so I decided to go brakeless for the next frame.
And I gotta say, I love it and don't see myself putting brakes back on anytime soon, still after a year. I think bikes look more dope without the extra hardware. Also, the feel! There's nothing like riding a bike with no Damn lever in your way, just the feel of the bike is sweet it's kinda hard to explain.
I love doing bars without brakes, they feel so smooth for real.
Going brakeless also changed my riding for the better. I got more smooth by not feathering the brakes, my riding got faster, and more aggressive, my confidence was raised knowing I could huck some pretty big shit without using brakes, and I committed to a lot more of tricks more quickly.

It may feel weird and a little scary at first, but after a while you really adapt to being brakeless. I totally respect both styles, it's just a personal preference . Hope that helped man

|

Street. Park.

4/27/2015 8:48 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You'll be less confident and you'll probably go slower and be less likely to do things at certain setups. Limiting yourself isn't fun. Learn to setup brakes, it isn't hard, and learn to ride with them, it isn't hard, either, and opens up a lot more.

I'm actually good at setting them up. They're perfect right now. I was considering brakeless because 1. I'm getting bored and 2. The frame I want turns out to have to brake mounts at all. I'd disconnect them right now, but setting them up is a bitch seeing as my cable got all jacked up.

|

4/27/2015 8:50 PM

acedog890 wrote:

Awwwwww poor baby biggybuggy unsureunsure wants to go brakeless but he never try it before he must be scared to go brakeless. Man up just do it.

Where's your bike? Do you even ride? Or do you spend your entire day setting up gay fantasies on your computer? I heard bleach goes well with doritos.

|

4/28/2015 7:56 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

To me it feels a lot squirrelier. I am less likely to go fast at first, and am a lot more careful with certain things. Once I am comfy it's all good. For trails, you gotta be pretty comfortable brakeless I think. For the overshooting etc, you learn to pump to adjust speed as needed.

this. i just feel like i got more control with brakes

im less apt to haul ass at stuff i try shit that im not positive about... i guess im more comfortable with brakes.

but idk. i used to just ride brakeless when my cable snapped when i was a youngin. but my shits fucked up so im more weary now

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/28/2015 8:03 AM

Brakes are fine, nice when hills are apparent. But i mainly prefer the feeling of barspins without brakes. I don't like catching lever ever. I love brake tricks. And the way I see it, if they help, i want them for that. But otherwise I couldn't care less really.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/28/2015 9:52 AM

Brakes are fun

|


"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/30/2015 6:31 AM

Brakeless is fun for me, I've never been a fan of brakes, even as a little kid before it was "cool". fun to go fast and it makes me commit to whatever i'm doing.

|

My FBM bike check