|

1/14/2014 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2014 10:07 AM

I ride breakless, because a few reasons:
- I practice barspins and i do fjtailwhips
- Looks cleaner
- Wears down the color of the rim
- Dont really know hot to mantain them
- The breaks that come with cheap completes sucks so i had shitty brakes, and good ones are expensive.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/14/2014 10:12 AM

I ride with both Brakes.

|

1/14/2014 10:24 AM

Brakeless because If you want your bike to be lighter, you have a linear cable, but you cant do barspins. If you want to do barspins, you have a gyro, but that makes it heavier. brakeless is a good compromise.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

1/14/2014 10:25 AM

Photo
|

fack off

1/14/2014 10:34 AM

I ride with brakes, Never had an issue, but im more of a flow rider, i typically just hit what ever is in front of me and keep moving

|

1/14/2014 10:35 AM

Shortdude wrote:

Brakeless because If you want your bike to be lighter, you have a linear cable, but you cant do barspins. If you want to do barspins, you have a gyro, but that makes it heavier. brakeless is a good compromise.

With a Linear Cable you can do two Barspins without doing any damage to the cable, three if you wind it round the opposite way first. Also, the weight of a Gyro is barely noticeable, especially compared to a Linear Cable set up. Of course there are some advantages of being Brakeless, but still.

|

1/14/2014 10:45 AM

Currently brakeless (lost the springs for them) but plan on running both front and back

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/14/2014 10:56 AM

My brakes have come off. They're crappy brakes anyway, don't really work in the cold, don't work at all in the wet. Plus it allows for smoother and less sketchy bars & tails.

|

1/14/2014 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2014 11:13 AM

I ride both brakes and brake less .....will also be rotating back and forth with a cassette and an a coaster

|

1/14/2014 12:17 PM

So this marks probably 500 times I have seen this thread since I joined in 08.

Depends on my mood. Brakeless, both front and rear, just front, just rear. All is fun in its own way.

I recommend those who have not tried anything else to try something new. Change your setup for a session. See what you think. That alone has caused me to have lots of fun, and to look at things very differently.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/14/2014 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2014 12:21 PM

been brakeless forever! but might build up a dirt bike with old parts and run a back brake

|

brakeless maniac

1/14/2014 12:43 PM

Brakes. I like to go fast and I mostly ride trails. Also having a brake gives me more confidence. I'm more willing to go faster/higher because I know I have a brake I can pull if something goes wrong.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/14/2014 12:46 PM

I just stick my foot in the back tire. kinda wears down your shoes and tires thoughsad

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

1/14/2014 1:02 PM

I ride both. I like switching up my setup every now and then just to keep things different. I switch between brakes/brakeless and coaster/cassette. I'd like to try out front brakes but I don't really feel like buying new forks right now.

|

1/14/2014 1:07 PM

Fad3r wrote:

I ride both. I like switching up my setup every now and then just to keep things different. I switch between brakes/brakeless and coaster/cassette. I'd like to try out front brakes but I don't really feel like buying new forks right now.

just get some crappy caliber brakes off a walmart bike. That would be a good and cheap way to see if you like front brakes.

|

1/14/2014 5:15 PM

one to their own, but fuck breaks, ran them like 4 times in the last year or so thinking that each time will be better than the last but i just hate them lol.

|

1/14/2014 5:28 PM

I currently have brakes on but I don't use them. Think I might start running front brakes only.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

1/14/2014 5:41 PM

Ive been Brakeless since 1994, couldn't work on them as a kid so took them off, and they never went back on.

When I get round to building up a legit trails bike I'll run one in the back then but other than that I'm never going to use em, I'm not into to any of the tricks that require you to use them, so there's no point.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/14/2014 8:48 PM

I went brakeless to early, rode it for years, saw Anthem 2, got stoked on going fast, and went back to brakes. A few months ago I broke my Gyro (which I had cuz I broke my straight cable) so I went brakeless for like 3 days. HATED IT SO MUCH! Got a straight cable back on and plan to stay that way for the forseeable future.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/14/2014 8:58 PM

ride about 70% street, 30%trails with brakes
i use a coaster (minimum slack on trails and its just like a cassette)
my setup is an animal linear cable, monolever, springfield brakes, clear ghost pads

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/14/2014 9:08 PM

Brakeless for cruising and street , too hard to maintain with my current knowledge of brakes , looks better without them.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/14/2014 9:36 PM

I like them sometimes. I tried them for a little bit and thought they were fun. It made me ride slower. Haha i like them for jumps and stuff, just makes me puss out and waste energy pedaling usually. Silly for me. haha I took them off and im glad i did. haha It just is smoother for me really.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/14/2014 10:06 PM

They seem fun and are really useful at times. I've always rode brakeless from the start. I got the hang of it in like half an hour or less. I mean, close calls are the worst but hey, what can I say? I personally would only ride a gyro setup. Straight cables are gay and front brakes alone or both brakes would so not be my thing. Another thing is that I'd also depend on my brakes too much. I'd honestly only like brakes for certain brake-specific tricks and just to slow down and whatnot, obviously.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/15/2014 6:00 AM

no breaks = less pussy out.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/15/2014 6:06 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

I agree.

|

1/15/2014 6:08 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

I agree.

I second that.

|

1/15/2014 6:16 AM

Would love to try frobt brakes but never got round to doing anything about it. Could do with a back one for commuting places as I live in a valley, but then again, I live in a valley, so no brakes = more fun :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/15/2014 7:27 AM

If you need to stop and you're going a bit too fast for your foot to slow you down, just jump off. But don't let go of the bike! You'll stop.

|