brakes vs brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2013 1:24 PM

hmmm I have always rode brakeless except when i first got a freecoaster when i started and realized pedal pressure would rape me if i couldnt use it. haha when i rode brakes, they never worked right, when they did work i kept pussying out haha so brakeless it is. I love pogo-ing around with breaks, i like brake tricks, i like having the power to stop. The main reason i dont have breaks really is because i am straight up breakless, i know how many cranks i need to get to one point without being a pussy and sticking my foot in the tire, or putting my feet down. Obviously i cant go straight down a hill until im sure there are no cars coming, but thats fine. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/24/2013 4:06 PM

bmxrgreg wrote:

Fuck all of you I ride front and back brakes

i do aswell it helps do thing like footjam i know that sounds strange but it stops your wheel slipping

|

5/24/2013 4:12 PM

bmxrgreg wrote:

vTsDUBST3P wrote:

i do aswell it helps do thing like footjam i know that sounds strange but it stops your wheel slipping

Damn you newbie! Don't bump 3 year old threads. Your not going to get a reply.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/24/2013 11:00 PM

bmxrgreg wrote:

vTsDUBST3P wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

Damn you newbie! Don't bump 3 year old threads. Your not going to get a reply.

While it's an old thread, it wasn't him that bumped it, and he clearly did get a reply.

|

7/21/2013 2:29 AM

>smile

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

7/21/2013 3:22 AM

FUCKING NOOB

|

Bruh

7/21/2013 3:45 AM

brakeless or home

|

7/21/2013 11:15 AM

HHBMX wrote:

seriously brakeless is a stupid trend... u ride brakesless cause it looks better wow...thats u but brakeless=gay seriously if ...more

style is everything... don't anybody ever forget that.

|

7/21/2013 11:19 AM

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE READ WHEN THE LAST PROPER FUCKING POST WAS AND STOP BRINGING BACK OLD THREADS THAT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT OVER....

|

Bruh

7/21/2013 11:44 AM

Fucking newfags (not Zach).

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/21/2013 11:47 AM

like 7th time this thread was bumped.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/21/2013 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2013 12:46 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I actually ride with both Brakes, but I disagree with you on some factors. Also, I hope your child is OK.

Almost all ...more

Disc brakes have already started showing up, BMC made a Carbon race frame with a disc brake.

Price wise, a standard Mechanical disc is similar pricing, a set of Avid BB5s (decent for a basic disc) is about 50 bucks, on par with most decent BMX 990s.

Weight-wise, they might be a touch heavier, but they work a LOT better.

I can see them becoming a staple in trails and racing, but not freestyle.

They really aren't any more complicated than a standard 990, with more adjustability.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/22/2013 2:47 PM

I run brakes because tricks are alot easier with brakes ( like tailwhips, no footers, 360, tire taps) and in my opinion a bmx bike looks better if it has a brake.

|

10/22/2013 3:16 PM

Photo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/26/2014 6:49 AM

i ride with brakes bcz it gives me more tricks to do i got a gyro on so i can still bar spin and whip................ but i run brakes bcz i do flatland i know lots of brakeless flat landers thou and i also ride street but i prefer been able to stop and not die from being run ova tx but in the end we all bmxers so awe guys bmx 4 life

|

12/26/2014 10:26 AM

Joshua Vlantis wrote:

i ride with brakes bcz it gives me more tricks to do i got a gyro on so i can still bar spin and whip................ but i ...more

Photo

|

8/26/2017 2:59 AM

HHBMX wrote:

seriously brakeless is a stupid trend... u ride brakesless cause it looks better wow...thats u but brakeless=gay seriously if ...more

Bmx is all about looking cool or steezy if u r harry main and u can not tell me that riding brakes is steezier than brakeless. U become alot smooter brakeless so seriously brakeless isnt stupid and no shit u should ride pedals but that has nothing to do with this subject

|

8/26/2017 7:14 AM

HHBMX wrote:

callum bmx1 wrote:

Bmx is all about looking cool or steezy if u r harry main and u can not tell me that riding brakes is steezier than brakeless. ...more

Firstly, personal preference.
Most trails riders have more style without doing any tricks than any Park or street rider. But it isn't whether or not they have a brake that gives them style.

Secondly, 9 years! 9 long years! Pretty sure that guy isn't going to read or care about your reply.
Please don't bump old threads, unless you're bringing something new to the party (which in this case you're not)

|

8/26/2017 7:25 AM

HHBMX wrote:

callum bmx1 wrote:

Bmx is all about looking cool or steezy if u r harry main and u can not tell me that riding brakes is steezier than brakeless. ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Firstly, personal preference.
Most trails riders have more style without doing any tricks than any Park or street rider. But ...more

Ok hang on when I put the first bit I didnt realise it was 9 years old and yh it is preference and yh if u ride trails u should probably ride brakes and yh people do have style doing that but your opion on dirt riders having more style than park and street is your opion and that isnt mine I also belive that all riders have a extra element of syle without the brakes not to say u cant have style with brakes

|

8/26/2017 7:35 AM

callum bmx1 wrote:

Photo

|

8/26/2017 10:19 AM

callum bmx1 wrote:

Is it? i thought it was just about having fun and enjoying yourself, silly me, i must try harder to impress the scooter kids at the skatepark, I didn't realise i had an obligation to be stylish....should i wear girls stretchy jeans like all the BMX emo kids as well?

Fuck that....and doesn't Harry ride a Brake?
there's also a vid done by vital about best front brake riders, quite a few of them are "steezy" as you call it

|

8/26/2017 11:19 AM

That kid on a bike wrote:

Brakes suck. With out them your bike is lower maintenance, lighter, looks better, girls think youre a bad ass and you cant ...more

That statement is the most false shit I've seen makes me think you are compensating... but on topic I have rode both, I ride brakes but that's only cause it's my main transportation so I got brakes to save my shoes lol but if you only use your bike for park then I would say brakeless

|

Ride till you die

8/26/2017 2:54 PM

This is the most divided thread ever.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/26/2017 5:22 PM

So we have the weight weenies. Brakes make my bike heavier. Wah wah wah. If you can't perform because of the minuscule weight difference between brakes and brakeless... Idk what to tell you.

Then you get the brakes are for pussies guys. Stopping when you feel like it with two fingers is for pussies. Obviously foot dragging, foot jamming and sliding are superior. If you're gonna bitch on a gap it's not because you have brakes on. You can still bitch out brakeless.. I seent it.

Then you get the it looks cleaner without brakes guys. That's up for debate. Yes maybe to some it does look "cleaner" I don't know their definition of cleaner is? Can't really argue somebody's personal preference. Everyone has their own.

Then we come to the flow better guys. Christ, my lord and savior. How ever will i flow with my brake installed on my bike? How will i ever roll and string tricks together without depressing my brake lever? I don't think that's even possible.

It really doesn't matter what you ride as long as you're happy doing it.

|

8/31/2017 2:25 PM

HHBMX wrote:

callum bmx1 wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

Is it? i thought it was just about having fun and enjoying yourself, silly me, i must try harder to impress the scooter kids ...more

U ride 4 fun like everyone else I have fun brakeless get over it and im pleased I impress the scotters I also dont remeber saying harry mains steezy also I belive everything looks better faster so brakeless is the 1 for me

|

8/31/2017 2:33 PM

SA519 wrote:

So we have the weight weenies. Brakes make my bike heavier. Wah wah wah. If you can't perform because of the minuscule weight ...more

4 starts I dont ride brakeless cos im a weight weenie I run 4 pegs and a freecoaster so am I really a weight weenie I just profer brakeless and yh people who say they ride brakeless so they comit are chatting shit u can still pussy out easily and yh I belive it looks cleaner and 2 me riding brakeless I do it feels cleaner but thats me all I can say is maybe try brakeless 4 a month get used to it and take it from there but 4 brakeless 2work for a rider it takes adjusting dont be scared to make the change and have fun with it and yh couldnt agree more it dont matter if u r happy doing it

|

8/31/2017 3:54 PM

KiNk^RidEr wrote:

give your opinion and what you ride with or without

Brakeless looks better and is definitely easier to run without having to hassle with the brakes, but brakes is 100 percentent safer and more useful

|

8/31/2017 4:30 PM

Then we come to the flow better guys. Christ, my lord and savior. How ever will i flow with my brake installed on my bike? How will i ever roll and string tricks together without depressing my brake lever? I don't think that's even possible.

Lol Mike Aitken is my response for anyone saying it makes you flow better. Chase Hawk used to run a brake and flowed SO well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/31/2017 5:28 PM

callum bmx1 wrote:

4 starts I dont ride brakeless cos im a weight weenie I run 4 pegs and a freecoaster so am I really a weight weenie I just ...more

Try. Using. Periods. It. Makes. It. Much. Easier. To. Understand.

|

8/31/2017 5:52 PM

callum bmx1 wrote:

U ride 4 fun like everyone else I have fun brakeless get over it and im pleased I impress the scotters I also dont remeber ...more

Jeezus i had to read that 5 times, are you allergic to even a tiny bit of punctuation?

you said "Bmx is all about looking cool or steezy if u r harry main" which to me sounded like you think Harry's steezy, otherwise why would you drop his name out of the blue like that? either that or the lack of punctuation makes it come across that way.

and the "everything looks better faster" statement is just daft as a brakeless bike isn't any faster than a bike with brakes.

BMX....the only 2 wheeled sport (aside from those road riding-spandex gimps that think their Lance Armstrong) where people will argue not having the ability to stop makes you better/faster/more aware\better in bed etc etc

|