brakes vs brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2017 5:41 AM

SA519 wrote:

So we have the weight weenies. Brakes make my bike heavier. Wah wah wah. If you can't perform because of the minuscule weight ...more

callum bmx1 wrote:

4 starts I dont ride brakeless cos im a weight weenie I run 4 pegs and a freecoaster so am I really a weight weenie I just ...more

Go back to school or pay attention in school and stop falling asleep and learn how to fucking spell!

|

9/1/2017 5:42 AM

SA519 wrote:

So we have the weight weenies. Brakes make my bike heavier. Wah wah wah. If you can't perform because of the minuscule weight ...more

Quoted for the absolute truth right here.

|

9/1/2017 6:35 PM

I have rode brakes, none, front and back and front only. Over the period of 30+ years. And I can say that if you really want to ride your running brakes. I can do many more things with them. Unless you are scared to just send a trick (which is bad to start) you are better off with them. I have seen the trends come and go over the years and brakeless is one. Care to guess what started it? 2 things: Mat Hoffman pushing limits to a degree nobody will ever get to but him and Mirra. 2- People got lazy or didn't know how to dial brakes or worse setup a gyro.

Both are true. If you go back and read most pros took them off (the brakeless ones from the 90's)...because "I got tired of adjusting them" it's in multiple bike checks from that time. Even Ian Schwartz said that he took his off for that and he didn't like gyros.

Not hating on either side but it's what I have seen and done. Plus, kinda like a FC makes roll backs easier. Brakes make manuals easier. Tap the lever to lower the front wheel. A little magic trick many use but nobody noticed.

|