braking without brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2014 12:47 PM

So in a few says ima get my brakes removed since its getting expensive having to adjust them every week.i haven't used my brakes in a long time and i brake by either stepping or touching the floor or putting my foot on the rear wheel.ive seen people break by sliding their back wheel.how do u do this and what is it called.is there any other ways of braking? Thanks

|

1/3/2014 12:49 PM

Just jam your foot in the back wheel, easiest way..

|

1/3/2014 12:53 PM

ive been learning how to skid but its verry difficult. the kids i see doing it have excellent bike control and the surfaces r smooth on the most part. just go fast n skid that tire sideways like drifting. maybe practice in dirt

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/3/2014 1:21 PM

Put your feet on the ground or jam your foot in the space between your frame and rear tire.

If all goes wrong and you can't stop , ghost your bike.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/3/2014 1:37 PM

Learn to work on your brakes. Seriously, it's not that hard once you get it.

Riding brakeless does nothing but limit your tricks and limit the spots you can ride.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/3/2014 1:42 PM

It's expensive? Seriously? I have spent a total of about £20 on my back brake since I started riding 2 years ago.

|

1/3/2014 1:45 PM

Just don't stop. I ride in the grass and stuff. Learn to limit your speed. I do it, you can too. Haha if i am going super quick i just put my foot down and walk it slow. haha it isnt hard at all. I run brakes sometimes and they really arent hard at all to work on. Just learn to. Plenty of good how tos out there.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/3/2014 1:45 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

It's expensive? Seriously? I have spent a total of about £20 on my back brake since I started riding 2 years ago.

It is sadly sad that's wat i get for living in nyc.plus i don't work soo yea

|

1/3/2014 1:48 PM

i tried learning about adjusting brakes and i just can't do it.i always leave them lopsided .plus i need to do the bar spins and tail whips and stuff like that.

|

1/3/2014 1:59 PM

wealthydanny wrote:

i tried learning about adjusting brakes and i just can't do it.i always leave them lopsided .plus i need to do the bar spins and tail whips and stuff like that.

Your cable should be long enough that it will allow you to do it and still work, if not get a gyro?

|

1/3/2014 2:20 PM

wealthydanny wrote:

$50 says you can't bar or whip.

You'll learn how to work on brakes if you just sit down and think about them. You'll DEFINITELY learn about brakes much faster than you'll learn bars or whips.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/3/2014 2:28 PM

If you have a hard time riding brakeless, don't ride brakeless. And there's this new invention that just came out called a 'gyro'.. look that shit up.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/3/2014 2:44 PM

i can do the footjam tailwhip .i just need to try to ride away after im done.and thanks guys

|

1/3/2014 3:35 PM

Cmxx wrote:

Just jam your foot in the back wheel, easiest way..

This can be dangerous, I've had my foot get stuck, back wheel started skipping around/up and down...

|

1/3/2014 3:39 PM

If there's grass nearby, I'll usually utilize that to at least slow down a little, then dragging the feet (around the toe or sides of the shoe where it doesn't matter as much is what I usually do)

As far as the kick out, it took me a while to perfect it, but basically carve one way super hard, then lean away from the carve (with your weight over the front) and kick out the back wheel a little. You have to pick up your back-end a little, that's what takes a while to feel out, usually at first you end up completely pick up your back wheel, then it hits the ground at a weird angle, it's all about leaning forward/picking up just enough so that your back wheel slides across the ground.

|

1/3/2014 3:44 PM

If you don't know how to stop without brakes, you aren't ready to ride without brakes. And if you think you can't do bars and whips with brakes, 1. Look up Chris Doyle, and 2. You definantly can't bar or whip.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/3/2014 4:14 PM

I tried a bike with no brakes today. Wierd.

|

1/3/2014 5:22 PM

take pressure off your rear wheel. whip your body to the side. not that hard

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/3/2014 5:49 PM

Do a moto whip without lifting up, it will cause your rear tire to slide and slow you down a bit. I recommend going in grass or something as well. It will slow you down a lot!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

1/4/2014 8:07 AM

Do NOT put your foot on your tire. That way you damage your tire AND your shoe. Just put your feet on the ground.

|

1/4/2014 2:31 PM

odyssey springfields or whatever theyre called... no more need for adjusting

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "