build up tricks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2020 1:32 AM

so I watched a YouTube video where a guy was talking about how you can learn certain tricks to learn another faster. for example for a tbog u should learn a seat grab and a one hander before trying to learn them. my question is, what would be the buildup skills for something like a tailwhip or crankflip?

|

8/23/2020 4:41 AM

Footjam tailwhip before regular tailwhip. Crankflip without hopping before you do a real one

|

8/23/2020 4:49 AM

i think maybe learning no footers can help you hold your legs up in the air when you do start tailwhips and crankflips.

|

8/23/2020 8:11 AM

everything you learn helps build skill , balance and confidence for other tricks.

|

8/23/2020 11:37 AM

jboozer4 wrote:

Footjam tailwhip before regular tailwhip. Crankflip without hopping before you do a real one

that makes sense. I'll go for those before trying tailwhips. it'll somewhat help me with the motion I assume

|

8/23/2020 11:38 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

i think maybe learning no footers can help you hold your legs up in the air when you do start tailwhips and crankflips.

good idea. getting used to not having your feet on the pedals can help with those tricks

|

8/23/2020 11:55 AM

supersnivy87 wrote:

that makes sense. I'll go for those before trying tailwhips. it'll somewhat help me with the motion I assume

It’s just as important to practice getting the bike around you, then actually hopping onto the pedals. Helps with confidence, at least, it helped me.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/23/2020 3:30 PM

for what it’s worth, I can tailwhip and crankflip, and even no footed can can (ugly though) but I cannot for the life of me do a no footer, and if I do, my feet are off the pedals for half a second 2 inches away from them. Idk why.

I definitely agree crankflips without hopping helps, that’s how I learned them. Just riding down the road and would kick them.

|

8/23/2020 4:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

for what it’s worth, I can tailwhip and crankflip, and even no footed can can (ugly though) but I cannot for the life of me do a no footer, and if I do, my feet are off the pedals for half a second 2 inches away from them. Idk why.

I definitely agree crankflips without hopping helps, that’s how I learned them. Just riding down the road and would kick them.

everyone learns differently. it just seems like it may help for some people.

|

8/24/2020 4:27 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

For whips, no foot cans helped me a ton. Once I started kicking them and basically doing the second half of a no foot can, I started to land em to the pedals more.

As to crankflips, no footers for sure.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura