building a fun box, need opinions!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2014 9:54 AM

Ok, I'm building a box for my kid... I was thinking a 5ft ramp 6ft wide with 2ft of that being a 10 inch kicker... 4x6ft box in the center with a 5ft ramp on the back side... the box would be 30 inches tall... that would make it a 7 feet ramp with a 40 inch tall kicker across a 4ft gap to a 5ft landing ramp... does that sound like it would be fun to ride? I went to a park and scaled down one of the features there... i can add feature on the sides later... any suggestions or comments appreciated!

|

10/3/2014 9:58 AM

Make it fun

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/3/2014 10:21 AM

I just finished this.
Photo

Photo

All ramps are 6' wide and 3' tall. The two kickers have 5' transitions and the other two have 10' transitions. The deck portion is actually 2 decks, both 3'x6'. I built it so I could move things around and do stuff like this.
Photo

Photo

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

10/3/2014 10:46 AM

I'm currently building this using the plans here as a guide, but I bumped it up to be bigger at 5ft wide, 6ft long, and 2.5 ft tall. So don't be afraid to use the plans from the diyskate above, and make it your own. It can be tricky though cause for the slant I had to basically eyeball it and draw a line on the plywood sides for the landing that looked to be an okay transition. Still working on the lip though but we'll see how that turns out. Feel free to follow my plans as well if you want.

|

10/3/2014 2:09 PM

thanks guys for the input... sunday, the box I'm building looks a lot like yours, except I'm putting a landing and 2 foot of the take off os going to be about 10 inches taller... and i may go ahead and make the landing a transition like TKeck's box... little more work than i wanted to do but i think it will be better! thanks again guys! Ill see if i can't post the results!

|

10/5/2014 6:12 AM

So, here is what I ended up with! it's 3 separate pieces that can be moved around and set up however you like… My son came over yesterday after I finished it and rode for about 2 hours on it, till it got dark and he got hungry! Thanks for the input and ideas guys… He's already talking about a 1/4 pipe to add to it! won't be long till my driveway is a mini-park!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/5/2014 6:23 AM

You should throw some metal coping on the edges in case he wants to learn to grind

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/5/2014 6:25 AM

That looks awesome! Nice job!

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

10/5/2014 6:48 AM

Thanks TKeck! Not my best work, but not bad for a first attempt at a bike ramp… I've built a 1/2 pipe before at a friends house for skate… tomdom, he actually turned the center box lengthwise, which left a 2ft space between the ramps… He knows how to grind and actually and a good idea to build a 2ft wide box to fill the gap and add a 1ft tall grind box on the side of it… like I said, i'll have a mini park before this is all done…

|

10/5/2014 3:20 PM

My kid playing on the box...

Photo

Photo

|