bunny hop

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2013 12:38 PM

sometimes when i try to bunny hop i end doing a hop with both tire up at the same time
and when i try to pull up the front end then the back endto hop i end smacking the front end to the ground
also when i pick my front tire up i dont have time to scoop the back what am i doing wrong? and is putting all the strength on the rear foot to scoop a bad habit?

|

3/26/2013 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2013 1:05 PM

Scoop? Forget about that...

Just bend over your handle bars and load up like a spring ready to explode.
Pull the front wheel up and jump with all your power.
Not really a 'scoop', more just a jump. Jump up! almost as if you're jumping out of your pedals.
As you reach height push your handlbars outward and BRING YOUR KNEES UP INTO YOUR CHEST. (or as close as possible)

Remember tho, it's all one swift motion. It's done all at once. You're not a robot... don't over think it.

The guy at 0:37 explains it well.

But please try to type it into the search bar next time. (top right) I've probably explained this dozens of times myself...
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/27/2013 3:50 PM

BMXism wrote:

Scoop? Forget about that...

Just bend over your handle bars and load up like a spring ready to explode.
Pull the front wheel ...more

is it a bad habit i almost do all the trick with my bars?

|

3/27/2013 4:29 PM

pull up harder

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/27/2013 10:06 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

pull up harder

Pull what? The bars or the pedals

|

3/27/2013 10:08 PM

Don't worry about your pedals. Pull up on those bars with all your strength and jump. Bend those knees.

Didn't you read anything I posted??

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/27/2013 10:11 PM

I've learned better hops I guess. I do a hard manual pull then push out my bars and scoop my feet up real quick. Doesn't work all the time and I still nosedive a lot of the time. Sometimes, I pull up too much and don't have enough time and momentum to level out and pick up my rear and I just kinda fly off the rear of my bike.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/27/2013 11:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2013 11:16 PM

BMXism wrote:

Don't worry about your pedals. Pull up on those bars with all your strength and jump. Bend those knees.

Didn't you read ...more

i did

thanks guys for the tips

|

3/28/2013 9:39 AM

go look on youtube they have dozens of videos on how to bunny hop

|