can anyone confirm that this is the demolition rotator v2 coaster? (and if its any good)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2016 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2016 2:17 AM

heres the link: http://www.bmxmafia.com/products/parts/wheels/demolition-rotator-v2-wheel-rhd-black
Is it 100 percent the v2 version? i have heard a lot of problems about the v1, and is the v2 version any good? and what is the max slack? and the hubguard made for it screws on, is this alright? have heard not the best things about screw on guards but im not too sure. i grind heaps and tend to be hard on my pegs.

i may not go with the free coaster i decided on before (federal v3) due to a company trying to sell me the v2 version marketed as the v3... not sure what to do about it as i had my eyes set on the v3 federal :/ there is the federal v3 version (legit v3 version) on a different site but it wouldn't come pre-built and the rim/hub combo i was looking at takes 185mm spokes and i legit can not find them anywhere! ps the wheel i was going to build was a federal v3 coaster and the shadow corvus rim which looked amazing and is hella strong :o
Thanks for any help in advance!!
Cheers smile

|

6/21/2016 2:30 AM

They're all just stock images. The probably got the image from Google before they even had them in stock. If they try to sell you something as something else they're breaking the law which I'm sure they wouldn't do as it would risk their business.
If you need 185mm spokes, 184 or 186 will work

|

6/21/2016 2:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

They're all just stock images. The probably got the image from Google before they even had them in stock. If they try to sell ...more

thank you, but wouldn't smaller/bigger spokes put strain on the wheel or cause it to be too loose? :o and yeah one website owned up to it and said they made a mistake, some other website however...

|

6/21/2016 3:29 AM

Nah its only 1mm. If it's 1mm too long it just means the spoke will go further into the nipple, still not enough for it to stick out the top. And if it's 1mm too short it won't go quite as far into the nipple, but will go in enough that the thread will still be covered. The vast majority of spoke lengths go up in 2mm increments

|

6/21/2016 3:03 PM

V1 sucked cunt . I wouldn't get a V2 based on my experience

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/21/2016 3:44 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I would because of your experience. You messed it up. And if it somehow came that way, you made the mistake of not sending it right back.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/21/2016 6:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would because of your experience. You messed it up. And if it somehow came that way, you made the mistake of not sending it ...more

You have the v2 coaster dont you dave if im not mistaken? :o if you do how is it? and is it worth the cash? im looking at the complete v2 wheel. I

|

6/21/2016 7:12 PM

It is the demolition , I've had the v2 for just over a season it's awsome , getting about time to re grease it for me but it's been solid , I run almost no slack though so I can't give you advice on that (30-9 gearing shrinks the slack) I run barely any and I've noticed it makes me have to ride more dialed, I'd rather have it that way though makes me have to try to nail things cleaner cause it doesn't let me get away with sloppyness or I get chucked off

|

6/21/2016 7:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2016 7:36 PM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

You have the v2 coaster dont you dave if im not mistaken? :o if you do how is it? and is it worth the cash? im looking at the ...more

Pretty sure, I got it seconhand in November, and it has been great since then. The ONLY issue I have had is one of my rails had a little knob sticking out that mangled the side of the rim to the point where I KNOW it will eat that side's brake pad if I run em again. Coaster has been excellent, using a BSD Freecoaster THREAD ON guard without issue-it is very close to the spokes, but doesn't rub on em.

I also have a Primo PC DSG that has been working pretty well, it's a little deformed but does the job for opposite grind trickery.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/21/2016 7:33 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would because of your experience. You messed it up. And if it somehow came that way, you made the mistake of not sending it ...more

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

You have the v2 coaster dont you dave if im not mistaken? :o if you do how is it? and is it worth the cash? im looking at the ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Pretty sure, I got it seconhand in November, and it has been great since then. The ONLY issue I have had is one of my rails ...more

okay thanks heaps for that man, do you run pegs? i am hard on my pegs and just making sure it will withstand that and sideload pressure from trying to get 180s and full dialed on a coaster haha , that sucks about the rim but most rims wouldnt be 100 percent after that hey. I was just going to get the demolition guard that threads on, i do have a universal guard already but just to make sure im going to get the demo guard incase mine doesn't fit. I cant find the bsd thread on guard anywhere on the sites avalible to me smile

|

6/21/2016 7:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

It is the demolition , I've had the v2 for just over a season it's awsome , getting about time to re grease it for me but it's ...more

thanks for the reply man, do you run pegs at all? i want to make sure it will withstand hard peg and street use. Im leaning towards the complete v2 wheel since the wheel i was going to build would be way too much of a hassle :o and dont worry about the slack, demolition sent me a slack chart! 55 degrees is the minimum slack on a 25-9 gearing which is fine for me. i do like responsive engagement but i want enough slack so i can not worry about getting launched off haha. What grease would be good for coasters? i cant find phill wood anywhere so i may have to go to a hardware store and get a lithium grease, i will check if my lbs has grease though. thanks for the reply man! smile

|

6/21/2016 7:37 PM

I was running a metal fbm hub guard my buddy threw on my bike for a few sessions it fit but I don't care for hub guards so I took it off and gave it back to him so one of those should fit

|

6/21/2016 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2016 10:42 PM

As far as grease goes I just use my mechanic bros automotive grease , the grease you buy at a bike shop is the same stuff in a smaller bottle marked way the fuck up , for the price you get a small tube of grease from a bike shop you can get the same grease in a big can from an automotive store for the same price , vehicles go through much stronger forces then a bike goes through

|

6/21/2016 10:51 PM

eskimojay wrote:

As far as grease goes I just use my mechanic bros automotive grease , the grease you buy at a bike shop is the same stuff in a ...more

Yeah if there isnt any good cheap greases at the lbs then i was looking at this one https://www.bunnings.com.au/kincrome-500g-multipurpose-grease_p6100306
but yeah i dont want it to be too thick, i got grease atm but its SO thick and it would make my hub really sluggish. Thats what it done to my bb anyways.

|

6/21/2016 11:08 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

You ship someone a seized hub and defective thread on hub guard , anyone will have issues with it. Fact is , you didn't see it or touch it , so respectfully your word means little . I did not explain my part very well though in that OG thread

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short