can somebody help me out with headsets?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2011 9:12 AM

Alright well im really confused. I bent my forks and need new ones but i have a standered headset. does this mean i need an intergrated headset and forks? or will that not work on my bike?

|

Street. Park.

10/9/2011 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2011 9:18 AM

If you have a standard headset on your bike curently, you will need non integrated forks. an integrated headset will not work on your bike.
There is a workaround to use integrated race forks with a standard headset though. If you buy a Solid or Chris King headset you can make them work safely and reliably if you want to spend the money.
Since you already need new forks though I would just buy a used fork like a Pitchfork or Odyssey fork from 2008-ish without the race. Or the Fit Blade 2's are supposed to use the press on race instead of being integrated to the fork

|

10/9/2011 9:20 AM

genesis wrote:

If you have a standard headset on your bike curently, you will need non integrated forks. an integrated headset will not work on your bike.
There is a workaround to use integrated race forks with a standard headset though. If you buy a Solid or Chris King headset you can make them work safely and reliably if you want to spend the money.
Since you already need new forks though I would just buy a used fork like a Pitchfork or Odyssey fork from 2008-ish without the race. Or the Fit Blade 2's are supposed to use the press on race instead of being integrated to the fork

THANK YOU. but i also have a verde frame that i could put on. should i use that, buy integrated forks and then a headset? right now i have a complete united frame.

|

Street. Park.

10/9/2011 9:25 AM

I don;t know anything about verde or united. So I would just pick whatever frame you like better, and then build that one up. You can use forks with a press on race with any integrated headset though if you find a fork you like, and they're usually cheaper. Get yourself an Odyssey 41 thermal dirt fork that takes the press on race and you should be set no matter what frame you get ever

|

10/9/2011 9:28 AM

genesis wrote:

I don;t know anything about verde or united. So I would just pick whatever frame you like better, and then build that one up. You can use forks with a press on race with any integrated headset though if you find a fork you like, and they're usually cheaper. Get yourself an Odyssey 41 thermal dirt fork that takes the press on race and you should be set no matter what frame you get ever

yeah dude!

|