can someone help explain topload specifications

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2014 9:29 AM

So im going to be buying a top load and i was looking around but got kind of condused what do the following terms refer to -height , reach , stem length , im getting a sunday freeze off a mate since i want my bars higher up but was looking around to see what stem pushes them up the most and if there is a big difference or not

Cheers for any help

|

8/4/2014 9:50 AM

height: how far from the bottom of the stem the center of the bars are, so 32 rise means that the center point of the bars are 32 millimeters above where the bottom of the stem is
reach: how far the bars are from the steerer tube, 48-53 is normal
length: see reach
the freeze is one of the stems that are the tallest, so if you want a taller front end start looking at bigger bars or a new fork with a taller steerer tube
Photo

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/4/2014 9:58 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

height: how far from the bottom of the stem the center of the bars are, so 32 rise means that the center point of the bars are ...more

Thank you very much that was very useful , im going to get bigger bars just saving up cash , looking into perfect 10s which will hopefully stop my back fucking up

|